free hit
counters
Gin - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have a Waitrose in Margate?

Full of sailors last time I was there.

I'm currently attacking the Whitley Neill Rhubarb & Ginger, paired with cucumber & mint presse. The glass is defective, as it self-empties in just a couple of mins, must swap to a pint glass t

Posted Images

Another really nice one I was trying recently was this wee beauty from Edinburgh.  The official Gin of the Edinburgh Tattoo and I could only remember the Bear Skin on the cap which was maybe more to do with the fact that it is 57% ABV - but you wouldn't know it - certainly not for the first few!  

post-7988-0-28269000-1441482762.jpg

I found it in a small bar on Isle of Arran in village of Lamlash called the Drift Inn and was a bit of a gin lovers delight as they had 65 or something different ones. If ever over there I can recommend the place and they do nice food as well when you can't walk to leave after an afternoons drinking! 

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• 1 year later...

Run out of tanqueray so opened the sipsmith very clean with fevertree tonic.May have to buy another.

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Ive become slightly worried since being made aware in the whiskey thread about drinking it warm and getting the taste Ive since found drinking the old Gin with just ice and a splash of lemon is pretty nice. Been on the bombay saphire but cant really taste much difference between it and their cheaper silver.

I console myself with thats how Churchill took his martinis. So dry the vermouth just had to be in the same room...

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

1 hour ago, Bazza 907 said:

Another one that must have missed read the title of this thread

Hes thinking of all these ruined mothers :secret:

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

Older women for me every time, whether they drink Gin or not, but if they do, the more the better!

Was in Madrid a few years back. Work colleague was chatting up a youngish (early 20's) Canadian Student and she was "concerned" I wasn't giving her any attention too (to be frank I was more in to the Manchebo and other cheeses and the different Rioja's on offer).  Told her that based on her looks, she must have a really hot mother and asked her is she was over in Madrid too and what she was doing for dinner!  Needless to say she was shocked - then showed me a picture of her said "hot mother" and explained it was a shame she was in canada as I'd have made her night!  Lol.

As for Gin, I tend to drink it more and more in the buff - in other words with not a lot added to it. So a nice wedge of lime, lemon, slither of cucumber, pomegranate seeds, whatever, ice on top then poor the gin over the top - no tonic etc.  Lovely.

In a Martini, I quite like Bombay Sapphire, the Vermouth swirled around the chilled glass and the discarded, with a twist of grapefruit. Lovely.......

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Have a bit if a collection now. Always drunk neat with nothing added. Sometimes from the freezer.

Cheap date: 

Plymouth Dry

Bombay London

Bombay Sapphire

The List:

Monkey 47

Bathtub Old Tom

Pinkster

Hoxtons

Garden Tiger

Whitley Niel

Brennen & Brown Ginger

I'm sure there are a couple of more lurking around.

For those interested Brennen & Brown do an excellent lab experience where you can make you on gin. Mine is called Ginger Tom. They will keep the recipe and make more if you wish.

http://brennenandbrown.com/ginspirational-experience-lab/

Seeing the reference to Churchill and martinis.....here is the X-15 pilot Scott Crossfield's recipe for a dry martini.

You need:

Cocktail jug

Stirrer

Ice

Gin

Vermouth

25 watt lightbulb

Twist of lemon peel

Method: Put ice into cocktail jug. Add gin. Shine light from 25 watt bulb through the vermouth bottle so that the light falls upon the cocktail jug. Stir vigorously for a few seconds. Strain into martini glass and add the oils from the twist of lemon peel.

Drink.

Repeat at suitable intervals.

I believe it was Scott Crossfield who said the X-15 was the only aeroplane he had ever flown where his feeling when the fuel ran out was one of relief....(!)

• Like 1

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

43 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

Like you have a choice.:offtopic:

if they have there won`t be many over 80:offtopic:

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong