free hit
counters
Gin - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• 4 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have a Waitrose in Margate?

Full of sailors last time I was there.

I'm currently attacking the Whitley Neill Rhubarb & Ginger, paired with cucumber & mint presse. The glass is defective, as it self-empties in just a couple of mins, must swap to a pint glass t

Posted Images

Just finished the last of my Martin Millers with fever tree elderflower tonic 

SUBLIME

www.ginfoundry.com/gin/martin-millers-gin

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

London No.1

Daffy's

Gin Mare

Sipsmith

Portobello Road

These are typically on the "to have at home at all times" list. :-)

I'm not a Gin expert by a long way but  I've just organised and booked in a Gin taisting night for about 30 people to attend - Not until September though.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

6 hours ago, ian29gte said:

We're on this at the moment. Good, but not stunning.

They want you to drink it with strawberries... Very controversial... :sofa: Had it yesterday old school style with lime and fully agree with your assessment. :ermm:

On 13/07/2017 at 18:20, pete said:

not opened it yet got a bottle of Hendricks to get through first

Just to be clear, there's nothing in the rules that says you have to finish one bottle before moving opening another.

Trust me on this one.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
58 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Fingers in pies...fingers in pies!

buddsy

We use knives and forks up here. I suppose it's all down to how you were brought up.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I want to move there but my wife said "norfolk n' chance".  Still. Mentioned to her that the LDA was opening again at Hethel and she said go for it. The full 3 day kahuna!   What an angel. Mind, she'll be expecting to come too as she likes Norwich so that'll be 5 stars and a spa then for  4 nights.  Will they have knives and forks there, or should we bring our own from home to be on the safe side?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

27 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

so that'll be 5 stars and a spa then for  4 nights.  Will they have knives and forks there, or should we bring our own from home to be on the safe side?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186342-d605817-r18006671-The_Beeches_Apartments-Norwich_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html

Here you go....bit rough round the edges but the prostitutes are free to come and go and the drug dealers come round every half hour to keep you going. Best bring you own cutlery from the old sofa.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

Mrs W and I are kind of thinking that all you Gin drinkers also own Audi's as a second/wifes car. Just saying. :sofa:

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186342-d605817-r18006671-The_Beeches_Apartments-Norwich_Norfolk_East_Anglia_England.html

Here you go....bit rough round the edges but the prostitutes are free to come and go and the drug dealers come round every half hour to keep you going. Best bring you own cutlery from the old sofa.

buddsy

Cheers Buddsy. Seeing as I come from Liverpool originally that place looks palatial. I'll see what the wifey thinks!

8 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

Mrs W and I are kind of thinking that all you Gin drinkers also own Audi's as a second/wifes car. Just saying. :sofa:

The Audi probably is a wife replacement/substitute John. I just hope they let the exhaust cool down first!   :shock:  Remember, what happens in the garage, stays in the garage...

Just to ensure we stay on topic. I had a Gin last night. It was a bog standard Gordon's, with Schweppes full fat tonic water, ice and a slice of lime.  As cheap as anything but still tasted wonderful.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

You got me there @Sparky.  There are times when quantity beats quality...

• Like 1