free hit
counters
Gin - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have a Waitrose in Margate?

Full of sailors last time I was there.

I'm currently attacking the Whitley Neill Rhubarb & Ginger, paired with cucumber & mint presse. The glass is defective, as it self-empties in just a couple of mins, must swap to a pint glass t

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Just don't mention the war if you do.

It's done. We're over it. Move on. I mean....

Who do you think you are kidding Mr. Aldi.

If you think we're on the rum?

We are the boys who will stop your little game. 

We are the boys who will make you drink gin again.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Last time the wife went into Aldi to help an old lady with her shopping, a shirtless foreign chap tried to do a runner with a bottle of something shoved down his trousers. He was pounced upon by security, but fought them off, and escaped via the back entrance.

Shocking place.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I'd hardly blame Aldi for thae actions of a random tosser.

I was on tge Tube in London yesterday and some nutter was mouthing off and f'ing and c'ing about Jesus, God religion and the Devil.  Can't blame TLF for that, scumbags will be scumbags wherever.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

6 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Can't blame TLF for that

I dunno, maybe he got some bad advice about a clutch or summat.

• Like 2

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

40 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'd hardly blame Aldi for thae actions of a random tosser.

I was on tge Tube in London yesterday and some nutter was mouthing off and f'ing and c'ing about Jesus, God religion and the Devil.  Can't blame TLF for that, scumbags will be scumbags wherever.

Yeah, sorry about that, I can get a bit carried away sometimes.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

Yeah, sorry about that, I can get a bit carried away sometimes.

Lol - and of course I would never get carried away - I've not had a "oh FFS, for crying out loud moment" today. I live in hope! ;)

16 hours ago, ian29gte said:

I'm not brave enough to venture in to my local Aldi.

afraid you might like it? They do a lovely gin by the way

http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/bargain-bottle-aldi-gin-wins-10107466

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

I have to say I often shop in Aldi and some of their offerings are unbelievably good. 

Crispy aromatic duck and pancakes for £4.50 is great.

A few things are not so good but overall you try stuff and if its no good you only lost 50p.

I confess to buying a bottle of their gin. Id drank the whole bottle of wifeys bombay sapphire and was a bit skint and embarrassed so filled the bottle up with the Aldi stuff...which I then also drank but with out back to back tasting I think it was semi ok but nothing to write home about.

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

8 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Id drank the whole bottle of wifeys bombay sapphire and was a bit skint and embarrassed so filled the bottle up with the Aldi stuff...which I then also drank but with out back to back tasting I think it was semi ok but nothing to write home about.

:lol: You're so getting grassed up next time I see Hot T :D

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Some of us got hooked on COTSWOLDS DRY GIN last Summer (during our little road trip in England). Next week it will become available in Sweden as well (heavily regulated sale of wine and liquor here)!

• Like 1
On 01/09/2015 at 23:41, Loose Cannon said:

This thread is straight out of The Chap magazine.

Bombay Sapphire but plan on trying some different ones. What's Plymouth like?

Plymouth Gin is magnificent - but make sure you go for the "Naval Strength".

Penderyn/ Brecon Gin also mighty fine.

Shameless plug for this, which is my not only my favourite Gin - but run by one of my closest friends.

Well for the first time in Gin has been actually distilled in Norwich for 150 years. Apparently it's the best thing to come out of Norwich since Lotus....

Anyway Ive not tried it but its meant to be the best "London Dry Gin" in the world!

http://www.edp24.co.uk/business/bullards-norwich-dry-gin-named-best-of-its-kind-in-the-uk-at-the-world-drinks-awards-1-4840155

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• 6 months later...

Sitting next to the wife I said I love you,she said is that the gin talking, I said no I was talking to the gin.

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow I'd missed this thread before.

last summer, I was in Hampshire and bought a bottle of Test Valley as a present (at the time I wasn't aware it was a company only a few months old). I'm told it was very good, and recently purchased the same person a selection of the Adnams ones, of which apparently the Copperhouse. Now that I know we have an award-winning gin created here in Norwich I think one of their tasting tours is in order (once the weather is nice).

Consider yourself rebuked for your previous misses but made up for it with that tour posting. If you book give us a pm and we may come along

• 4 weeks later...

The Bullards distillery tours still seem to be booked out, but there is this- a train journey with stops to sample gin.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/gin-train-experience-is-coming-to-norfolk-1-5446308

https://www.railroadevents.com/#/gintrain/