free hit
counters
Whisky - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah Jesus, no one mentioned there were booze threads! Had I known that I might have left the safety of the Evora section earlier........ Nothing particularly fancy right now, but current stockpile

Doesn't everyone?! Oh dear perhaps I have a problem

Bulleit is a great way to make an old fashioned, add ice, tiny bit of sugar syrup, bitters and a little bit of orange peel. It's better with rye but bulleit will do. 

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I'll start. :cheers:

After my first whisky tasting, organised by Land Rover enthousiasts (see a theme here?) about 10years ago, Ardbeg has been my favorite. I recently got a bottle from my colleagues at work which I only open on special occasions, to make it last longer.

Last year I had a chance to try Kilchoman single cask. I like that even more than the Ardbeg! I was lucky to get to taste it. We were in a restaurant choosing digestives (after celebrating the purchase of a new car by one my friends) and I asked for Kilchoman Winter. The waiter had some trouble writing/remembering the names of the different single malts we asked and soon after the owner himself came over to break the bad news that the bottle of Kilchoman Winter was empty. He was however so kind as to offer me a glass of Kilchoman single cask from his private stock instead. I happily agreed and have been back for more, it was simply exquisite!

Completing my top 3 would be Talisker Dark Wood. A limited edition I got to thank a friend who helped me bring my second Esprit over from UK (the theme continues :driving: ). As expected, he shared it with the rest of us, and we all loved it. 

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I'm another Ardbeg fan......

my mate Gus who lives on the island...his pops was chief taster many many years ago.......

now there's a job I think I could enjoy......

:cheers:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

Haven't tried that one yet, but it's on my to-do list. ;-)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Love my single malts.  I have this:

post-4129-0-82529000-1441292560.jpg

One of 200 bottles, bought at Mach 2 somewhere over the Atlantic in August 2003.  Soooo tempted to open it, but it's worth a lot of money.  I need to sell it; I'm too weak...

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

I need to sell it; I'm too weak...

oh go on then....I'll give you a £5er for it........lol

drink it...........sssssssssssllloooooooowwwwwwwllllyyyyyyy

or take it to a party n do shots.....lol...... :cheers: 

• 2 months later...

Ah Jesus, no one mentioned there were booze threads! Had I known that I might have left the safety of the Evora section earlier........

Nothing particularly fancy right now, but current stockpile not including multiples. (I get through a few!) :)

20b86669d4ab18de4084d16acbdf9896_zps87oj

• Like 2

When I worked for Sansburys, a couple of cases of this turned up at the store, with a thick layer of dust. Hadn't had a price listed for it for many years so head office told us to sell it at the price of the item that should have been delivered instead. I purchased all 12 bottles at c£20 each

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3065.aspx

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Colin G said:

Ah Jesus, no one mentioned there were booze threads! Had I known that I might have left the safety of the Evora section earlier........

Nothing particularly fancy right now, but current stockpile not including multiples. (I get through a few!) :)

Looks like an Epi Les Paul in the background?

Margate Exotics.

No problem there that I can see, Colin....(!) My bit of the Douglas clan started out from Ferryden, a bit further north than Fife. I usually go for the Islay malts...but was recently seduced by this

10402798.jpg

Pleased to say it's very drinkable.... I have managed to keep my guitars within bounds, only got three..oh, plus one on the boat.....(!)

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I went through a load of different malts over the year trying to figure out what I liked best, in the end I think you can guess from the photo which region won!

I'm not too bad now, only four guitars at the moment, I had seven at one point..........

Got these recently, absolutely lovely, it's painful how much more expensive they cost here than in Japan though, the first one is about £20 and in every 7-Eleven in Japan!

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-25032.aspx

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-24156.aspx

On 22/11/2015, 18:50:04, Colin G said:

there's an issue here Colin....none appear to be open. Now far be it from me to complain but I am sorry, you need to donate them to worthy causes. Like me.....to drink.....

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

That's why you keep them in the boxes Anthony, so nobody can see how much you've drank! A good few of these have been 'sampled', and I have multiple bottles of a few of them. There's another cupboard with the regulars all well on the way to empty.......

On 11/22/2015, 6:50:04, Colin G said:

Good to see the Glenrothes centre stage.

I was fortunate to get a bottle of the 1988 for considerably less than market value when they changed the packaging!

Not one for the purists, but I'm particularly enjoying the Bruichladdich Laddie Ten at the moment.

I'm still waiting to try a run-of-the-mill blended bottle that can hold a candle to Jameson.

Love the Gold Special Reserve too. Pricey but somehow they infused it with toasted Hob Nobs, which can't have been cheap!

Single malts? Where to start? Anyone else tried any Scapa from the Orkneys? For many years it was only available on Japanese airlines. Absolutely exquisite stuff. At the light, delicate, honey, caramel end of the spectrum so possibly not one for those who love the acrid, smokey peat stuff, but nectar all the same. Highland Park is far more famous from the same island but Scapa is a rare treat.

• 1 month later...