free hit
counters
New Esprit S4s owner - Page 7 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

New Esprit S4s owner

1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

Nice idea Jonny.....but that just has too many what-if's for me to be comfortable with..:blush:

In reality I really am in no rush. Now that I've resigned myself to the fact it's not going to sell this year, I've also realised that the Exige I had lined up to buy once it sold, was really a compromise for me personally anyway. Better to wait, be patient and sell to the right person at the right time and buy the right replacement.

Thanks anyway:)

It's a tough one isn't it? The Exige really causes a strange reaction - after driving one you've just gotta have it, but then once the adrenaline settles you start thinking and you realise slowly that there really isn't anything quite like an Esprit on the market any more. Not something that strikes that perfect balance of old-school-cool, driver involvement and, yes, comfort, in one neat little package. The only thing I keep coming back to is the Evora S, but it's got a bloody Camry engine and a supercharger (I mean would it have killed them to put in a turbo!?!?). And it's too tall. :D Keep the S4s. Buy another Esprit. One with a v8 in it! 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad to say my S4s has been given a clean bill of health and is now legal after passing the emission test for the MOT.......second time around. Now refitted with Catalytic Converter........but a prope

A new photo to bring my S4s topic into 2017... Photo taken below Stirling Castle. Looking forward to getting some more miles covered in it this year..

Got the S4s back after a C Service plus extras and a professional detail finished with a Ceramic coating. Very pleased with the results 

Posted Images

I hear you Vanya but for me it's got to be an Exige 380, not another Esprit especially a V8 as that would empty my pockets and have me worrying constantly.

I want something I can drive hard - I wouldn't and don't do that with an Esprit. I have brief moments of pushing mine usually on straights but won't push it hard everywhere as it's just not the way to treat a 21 year old car.

So whether it's this year or next I will hopefully find a lucky new owner for my S4sB-)

To initially buy, yes it will be Giniw. Pound for pound an Esprit will be cheaper to run but more likely to break if pushed hard given its age......that's why I'm particularly gentle with both of mine.

In reality I'll probably be just as pedantic with the care of an Exige but I'm pretty confident I'd happily push it harder, like I would with any new car.

What was the compromise on the Exige 380 Stephen? Was it a dealer stock car that has been sold? Does that mean you'll go for a factory order when the time is right? Sounds like you really want a Sport 380 in particular. There were lots at Brands, the most popular new Lotus there, I have to say they all looked great.

I totally relate to driving the older cars gently, I quite fancied a nice modern S4s to be able to push it a bit more than my 36 year old dry sump Turbo! :lol:

• Like 1

The Exige I have/had an option on belongs to someone who's got a build slot for one of the new Evora GT430's......would rather not say any more. 

Plenty of dealer stock 380s out there. Some in rare colours too. For what it's worth I did ask my dealer if they'd take in an S4s against the Evora when it finally arrives. He politely declined. Honestly not sure why, the S4s isn't an old car to me. A classic certainly, but not old.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
3 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Pound for pound an Esprit will be cheaper to run but more likely to break if pushed hard given its age......that's why I'm particularly gentle with both of mine.

Nah that's not right...... mine never breaks.....

ahh whoops

• Haha 2

Only here once

Still got it Hopo...... can't say I'm struggling with that, mind youB-)  Would love an Exige but that can wait.....

Found a Norfolk Mustard one yet?:P

• 1 month later...

Well @hopo it looks like your dream car is here.........

http://www.uksportscars.com/view/lotus-esprit-s4s-turbo-1995-fabulous-example-norfolk-mustard-full-raven-grey-interior/

Mine is still for sale incidentally and a bargain at £35,750 when you compare to the UKSportscar one I’d say. However I’m working on a deal just now - wish me luck:)

Stephen!

What have you done?!?!?!? im supposed to be paying for an extension!

IRRC that car was for sale Castle Motors around 2 years or so ago - just over 18k - I rang to late to snag it - obviously priced low then but I still think doubling price in 2 years is pretty strong!

Not sure on the naff screen or reverse sensors

No mention of mileage, anyone know what it is?

I still want Stephen's car so have been avoiding this thread. Causes unnecessary anguish!

65,000 for the UK sportscars one Jonny

As for mine - deal agreed tonight to let mine go........will report back soon hopefully, to confirm deal completed. You may sense I’m a bit tentative but I’m sure you’ll all also understand why.....:rolleyes:

Good luck with that Stephen, I hope the next guy looks after it well. Really hope to see it one day. Stunning and super rare combination inside and out.

• Like 1

65k seems a decent mileage, more likely to have been used than hidden away. 

Congrats on the sale Stephen hope it all works out. Bet you’ll be sad to see suchamiconic car go 

• Like 1

Not over the line yet - but all going well my lovely Mica Yellow S4s (that I will be very sad to see go) will be with a new owner soon......and the good news is, it will stay in Scotland so more chance of seeing it again. There’s also an unusual twist to this story, which I’ll hopefully reveal next weekB-)

Congrats on the sale, and the curve ball! Looks lovely. Welcome to the G Turbo + Evora Club! I was hoping the new owner of the S4s might be bringing the car further south so that I might see it but hopefully he can be tempted to make an appearance during the Evora Highlands tour.

• Like 1

Cheers Jonny - I’d say your GT430 Evora maybe just slightly trumps my S but I am impressed with the S nevertheless. It’s very refined but sounds awesome with an aftermarket Plack Edition sports exhaust......the noise is sensational. But me being me.......I still want an Exige 380:thumbsup: