free hit
counters
type 75,has its time finally come ? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

type 75,has its time finally come ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hello all,its been a long long time since i posted on this forum,maybe 6-7 years ago when i restored and put on the road my 503 elite,at the time people would stop and ask about her every now and then

Michael,   If you spot one you like in the UK, I have a shipping Company. I'll pop it over to you at cost.   Best     Rick

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Stonking looking motor. There sure is a real revival in old classic cars.

And I'm not talking about marinas or princesses

Only here once

Lovely car Phil , given half a chance I would leap in my 2.2 to the nearest classic rally. At present I know that my mission would be doomed (unless the rally is held on a convenient hard shoulder for my benefit ) but I will not give up and I  will have mine on the road, hopefully in the next 2 months !

Dan

Hi Phil,

I had much the same when I went up to Ipswich from Kent. Thumbs up and smiles all the way up and down. When I parked up there was quite a bit of interest, and also some laughing and shaking of the head when they noticed the very green interior.

Yes perceptions appear to be changing and along with other sharp exotica, Elites and Éclat's are becoming appreciated. Yours does look so pure, well done. 

I keep an eye out here in OZ for one, but they are rare and far between.

I love them.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

This one is up for sale, has dropped it from about 16k I seem to recall. Looks pretty good. If it all checks out, could be reasonable value.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Lotus-Elite-1977/SSE-AD-3407240/?Cr=0

Thanks for that Rick. I'll keep it in mind. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

• Gold FFM

Michael, if you get one you could hold off on the shipping untill your UK trip is done then ship, or even better leave it with me and I can look after it for you untill you plan a second rip. Just a thought.

Second trip would be a long way away John. I would have to move the S4 first to get an Elite. And then it would still be hard to get that past SWMBO. Once the S4 is gone, replacing it will be another issue.

• 3 weeks later...