free hit
counters
Male Grooming Products and Getting Older - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Male Grooming Products and Getting Older

As I get older I seem to have more hair sprouting from more and more places and am in need of Moisturisers and "Male" products. Whilst we must all have these issues as we get on a bit, I've noticed that Firstly we don't talk about it like ladies discuss their products (maybe cause it's not masculine to use them) and secondly our products seem to be a rip off in comparison.

Now I have a Nose and ear trimmer and the Mrs catches the odd stray hair on my....urg....back but what products do you use? Similar to me, none at all? or the good old tweezer treatment?

What about Moisturisers/skin care products? 

I find that, whereas the cheapest one I can get (Nivea) is about £5, my wife can get the same tiny bottle of ladies products for £2! I have recently changed to "Rock Face" because it has a UV protection in it and I spend a lot of time standing outside in the elements all year round. But that's more expensive!

My daughter bought me an "Eye lift" kit from L'Oriel (Must be getting old if my daughter can see my wrinkly old face) and it genuinely made my eyes look much better (especially after a night on the booze). But after running out of it I noticed the male product she got me is £17.99!!!! Holy crapola! And there really aren't many alternatives.

I know the answer to this will probably be "Tony you are a big girl" cause you are all too manly and craggy faced to use them, but seriously, am I the only one using these over priced products? and does anyone have any ideas for me that are better value for money?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ahomosayswhat.  

What grooming products do I use?    ......... Facebook usually ;-)

Yes, possibly and no. I for one struggle to keep my fingernails clean. Hair not growing out of my ears yet. But every time I rip a hair out my nose I'm sure it rips it from my arse.....

fortunately I'm just still on soap and shampoo........altho' the need for shampoo is running out

my Mrs keeps saying we should all moisturise........well being a beauty therapist I guess she has to say that......otherwise she'd be out of work...lol

Im sure I'll get to it at some point........after all I grease myself up anytime I'm on holiday.......its only the same.......

altho' siting in an office all day I'm not sure I need the moisturising effect of a good sun cream......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

I know the answer to this will probably be "Tony you are a big girl" cause you are all too manly and craggy faced to use them, but seriously, am I the only one using these over priced products? and does anyone have any ideas for me that are better value for money?

Yes, possibly and no.

I for one struggle to keep my fingernails clean. Hair not growing out of my ears yet. But every time I rip a hair out my nose I'm sure it rips it from my arse.....

• Like 1

Only here once

Kimbers, do you manscape?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ha, ha, I knew I'd get this but just you wait. You'll all catch me up. Though I have been using Moisturiser for 10 years to keep my youthful looks!

Pic of me yesterday (even had a badge saying "perfect"):

Meat16.jpg

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Perhaps a more powerful one might be an idea mate... :hrhr:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I get the Billy Connolly "what does my body know that I don't as to why I need all this extra hair in odd places" thing and it annoys the hell out of me. But I'm buggered if I'm smearing goo on my skin in an attempt to stay young looking. I don't mind the odd splash of strawberry yogurt, honey or whipped cream in the appropriate area for my good lady (and myself) to enjoy though...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

For every hair follicle that dies on the top of my head, 3 sprout up in to action in my nose, 2 in my ears. The ones in my nose demonstrate that at some time I must have been related to Rapunzel and give me security in knowing that if I was ever incarcerated for a long period I could make a wire-file out of them that would be tougher than kevlar - to the cut iron bars with, and stronger than a high tensile cable, for skinning down the walls.

I'd be out faster that Ethan Hawke could say "mission accepted".

I travel an awful lot for work, airports, train stations, taxis and hotels are my domain so I try to pack light.

For instance, no shaving cream or foam for me (I use the wee hotel supplied bottles of shower gel / shampoo - you'll be surprised how good a job it does!).

The thought of having to put a myriad of man grooming items into clear plastic bags to get through airport security only beats being in the said security queue behind (1) a woman travelling alone with a baby and (2) being behind an older Italian family who have decided to pack everything, including the kitchen sink, olive oil, vino collapso and all manner of liquids known to man in their HUGE hand baggage that then causes a delay in security akin to the M25 at 1630 on a Friday afternoon.

No. Not for me. Though might try the eye lift thingy, sounds intriguing.....  :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

"Tony you are a big girl"  :) 

Some years ago I gave up on being a fashion model, accepted the grey hair, and wear what I'm comfortable in.

​Surprisingly women seem to show more interest now.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

I generally use a hairbrush and shampoo, in ever-reducing quantities.

I used to use soap, but not since my wife told me I could either switch to using shower gel, or clean the poxy bathroom myself.

Margate Exotics.

WTF is a hairbrush?

Just use autoglym and a soft cloth.

Next you lot will be saying you use cotton buds to clean your ears instead of what they are made for - car detailing!

Man up ffs!  :cat:

• Like 1

Dave.

I'm an avid fan of cocoa oil. Helps soften the skin, makes me smell fantastic, and gives a warming balm to the skin. Use a bit of BodyShop cocoa exfoliator and body butter, and you'll be supple again in no time. 

Further that, the usual grooming equipment and accessories always help. And always use argan oil in the hair - helps keep it soft to the touch.

I might be overdoing it at 27, but hey - it makes me feel atleast 25. 

I thought you were 40!! :hrhr:

Evora NA

Kimbers announces "I'm not alone!!" shocker

I'm an avid fan of cocoa oil. Helps soften the skin, makes me smell fantastic, and gives a warming balm to the skin. Use a bit of BodyShop cocoa exfoliator and body butter, and you'll be supple again in no time. 

Further that, the usual grooming equipment and accessories always help. And always use argan oil in the hair - helps keep it soft to the touch.

I might be overdoing it at 27, but hey - it makes me feel atleast 25. 

Tried them all but gave up. These days restoration works best. So for the cracks and crevices body putty followed by a rub down with 2000 grit wet and dry in the shower does the job. There are some great paint sprays for matching skin colour. Avoid smiling otherwise it falls out. I find the static severe pose best though people tend to not notice or hear me or seem too busy whenever I try to relate to them. One problem though. It all goes to shit if I have to yell for attention and laughing is a disaster.

DanR

I can imagine Kimbers going into a waxing salon and saying,

'I'd like a sack, back and crack please. Actually, we'd better add chest, stomach, legs, arms, armpits, neck, nose, ears. Oh hell, wax wherever you see hair that doesn't look like it should be there. Here's 2,000 quid. Go for your life.'

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

Ok now I'm feeling sorry for you kimbers.....

In The event of any sore hand stuff - I use this - it's what I got the wife instead of that Nivea overpriced spread. Ask any cowman they swear by the stuff and it's amazing.

Not sure I'd go the whole hog and have a top to toe lube up session - but each to their own

http://www.rideaway.co.uk/udder-cream?var=139676&_$ja=cgid:14059498585%7Ctsid:59260%7Ccid:205661305%7Clid:81491775745%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:74760461785%7Crnd:12098873956240615493%7Cdvc:t%7Cadp:1o2%7Cbku:1&gclid=Cj0KEQjwsb-vBRCLj7TvqpGx_MoBEiQALgFGnkPbWkiVaUVVlU-ra5197eugp7s9dfUAEKrVUJnUdSkaAvnT8P8HAQ

Only here once