free hit
counters
Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Arun_D

Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The fact you've got it in Canyon Red is enough for me to praise your decision :D Excellent colour - you wont be dissapointed.

Just make sure you get it prepped and guarded - it's a very soft paint type, and was discontinued by Lotus because of its PITA nature apparently.

• Like 1

The fact you've got it in Canyon Red is enough for me to praise your decision :D Excellent colour - you wont be dissapointed.

Just make sure you get it prepped and guarded - it's a very soft paint type, and was discontinued by Lotus because of its PITA nature apparently.

Thanks. The fact I have no idea what it looks like on a V6 makes me both excited and nervous in equal measure. 

Oh ok, I had no idea that's why it was dropped, but will keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks. The fact I have no idea what it looks like on a V6 makes me both excited and nervous in equal measure. 

Oh ok, I had no idea that's why it was dropped, but will keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip.

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/car-care-blog/gloss-enhancement/lotus-evora-is-prepared-to-dazzle-for-sporting-bears/

Have a read here - cant recommend these guys enough.

• Like 2

Congratulation Arun on the best decision made (eventually) :-). I hadn't driven mine for 3 or 4 weeks and took it out yesterday which reminded me what an exciting and fast car the Cup is. You'll love the ride too as I think it's better than the regular V6 so happy to hear your views when it arrives.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

:thumsbup: Congrats :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Congratulations! And well done for keeping the production line going! It' will be great to have another V6 Cup on here as well as an ongoing thread. Canyon red will look amazing I'm sure. I haven't seen a colour that didn't look good on a Cup so very low risk to try something new. Plus it's sure to be super rare in that colour if not unique.

The Matt black rear wing does tend to disappear without the decals, take a look at a Club Racer just to check that it's what you want. Very easy to delete them afterwards and I think it would look amazing with the usual Cup war paint! I'd be tempted to stick with the Matt black roof too as I love the whole Cup look but these are just minor details.

I'm trying really hard to get a motorsport green Cup 360 out of my head, I just think it would look amazing with the red wheels and accents! Help!

Congrats man, admitted crazy but awesome choice  :rambo: you'll have more work at hand keeping the cup on track. It turns to oversteer rather than understeer. 

Anyway I hope yours will at least get the 400bhp upgrade no? If not, why not wait a bit longer..

Congratulations! And well done for keeping the production line going! It' will be great to have another V6 Cup on here as well as an ongoing thread. Canyon red will look amazing I'm sure. I haven't seen a colour that didn't look good on a Cup so very low risk to try something new. Plus it's sure to be super rare in that colour if not unique.

The Matt black rear wing does tend to disappear without the decals, take a look at a Club Racer just to check that it's what you want. Very easy to delete them afterwards and I think it would look amazing with the usual Cup war paint! I'd be tempted to stick with the Matt black roof too as I love the whole Cup look but these are just minor details.

I'm trying really hard to get a motorsport green Cup 360 out of my head, I just think it would look amazing with the red wheels and accents! Help!

Thanks Jonny, I actually had a yellow CR about 6ft away from me when I finalised the order, so at the moment I'm happy, but you're right it could look a little lost. Might get B&C to put their monochrome endplate Union flag stickers on like their matt black edition instead. 

Congrats man, admitted crazy but awesome choice  :rambo: you'll have more work at hand keeping the cup on track. It turns to oversteer rather than understeer. 

Anyway I hope yours will at least get the 400bhp upgrade no? If not, why not wait a bit longer..

I'm definitely conscious of the shift in balance from understeer to oversteer on the Cup, after watching numerous videos (I think a couple of which would have been yours!). I'm looking forward to more of a challenge. The adjustability of the car and the ease with which I can get back into sprint events (after the 12 month warranty of course) is also hugely appealing to me.

I didn't want to fall into the trap of perpetually waiting for the next big thing, as I think 400PS in an Exige is still a way off and will probably have a suitable price hike, and I think 350/360PS in a lighter package is still going to be a stellar product that will give me many many miles of fun. It felt the right time to move the V6S on, and I was also conscious of the full-on V6 Cup with all the trimmings potentially not being available indefinitely, with the arrival of the 360 CUP and its reduced standard specification. Thankfully V6 Cup production rumbles on for those who want it.

Yes the chargecooled Exige is still a way off, over 12 months away I would imagine, and think of all the fun you can have in a V6 Cup in a year! Anyway, with Arun's current turnover he'll be getting one of those anyway!

• Like 1

Mmm. Canyon red Exige...mmm. Stop making me want to sell my Evora!

That's too light for Canyon Red.

This is Canyon Red on an Evora...

img_9335.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Given the added flexibility of being a Motorsport product, my initial thought was to try a colour from another marque.... Alfa Romeo Competizione Red. However I assumed this would cost an arm and a leg, so did a bit of digging to see if there was another metallic red from within the Lotus palette, as I thought it would actually be nice to resurrect a colour from within the Exige heritage (I also considered early S2 Aubergine and the Sprint blue, amongst other non-reds).

Actually after 'settling' on Canyon Red a couple weeks ago, I almost made a late change to Nightfall blue (I alsys said a new order V6S would be in this shade)....but figured I'd love to do something different and I think the red will be stunning.

Well done mate... going to be vanishing into the distance even quicker now. Get that bad boy run in and on track ASAP.

• Like 1

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Good to know Lotus will still build a Cup for whoever wants one. I think the V6 Cup with its track focussed parts (not absolutely necessary but who doesn't love carbon fibre shelled seats?) add to the excitement of the car. 

I I feel that lotus release too many variants like the "club racer" which looks like a cup but without the fancy parts. For me this just dilutes the Exige brand. 

For me the Cup models are the real deal. Anything else other than the Exige S is just marketing guff. 

Well let me know what progress you make, Adam. I know it's early days with you potentially changing, but it's such a desirable product, based on what is already an incredible car.

• Like 1

good choices with the colours........

pics never do the car justice until youve seen the colours in the flesh.......

stunning....

enjoy :)

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Great choice Arun, looking forward to seeing the pics.

I also liked the Chilli Red they used on the S2 Exige, I remember seeing one in the showroom at Ribblevalley in 2007.

If I was to place on order for a V6 Cup right now, I'd ask Lotus nicely if they could paint it in Riviera Blue. My favourite GT3 colour ?

image.jpg

They already do a very similar colour called Daytona Blue, which does look amazing on anything.

Probably even a beetle ;)