free hit
counters
Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup - Page 10 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup

Arun_D

@NathR Yes not touched the rears, as standard they look to be sitting just right, but just wanted to drop the front for a bit of rake from front to back.

Goodwood does require a lot of confidence to post a fast lap. Compare with @The Pits' laps on Youtube and you'll see I could go ballsier still. That said, I only had to let a 991.2 Turbo S past, even in my hands the Cup is a stupendously fast machine around this track.

Yes, I'm itching to ditch this Corsas!

Profile shot for reference:

26316514966_4757ed4b7b_k.jpg

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, NathR said:

@Arun_D

I did an eve at Snetterton last night, first time since fitting the Nitrons. The difference is huge imo, very impressed although the car is screaming out for some stickier rubber now... :lol:

Nath: did you go for the 2-way Nitrons? I am thinking of Nitrons as well but I am not sure which ones are best ... 

Remember you get 10% off Nitrons via TLF :D 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 hours ago, NW76 said:

Nath: did you go for the 2-way Nitrons? I am thinking of Nitrons as well but I am not sure which ones are best ... 

Norbet, I went for the 2-Ways mainly to keep it 'Lotus' to be honest, also the lead time was days and not weeks compared to the 1 and 3 Ways direct from Nitron surprisingly.

2 hours ago, Neal H said:

I think the Nitron 2-way for the V6 Exige are only available from Lotus. I don't think you can even buy them direct from Nitron.

Nath will confirm but my understanding is he got them direct from Nitron. Difference being his don't have Lotus Motorsport branding on them.

1 hour ago, RedViper said:

Arun

which centre caps do you have please? is it these ones?

http://www.blackwatchracing.com/Black-Lotus-Wheel-Badges-60MM-p/1103.htm

Also, which front badge do you have?

http://www.blackwatchracing.com/Front-Lotus-Emblem-p/1009.htm

Thanks

Chris. Wheel caps are gel badges stuck on top of the OEM caps.

These ones, but diameter amended to 58mm as the standard ones at 54.5mm were too small

http://www.dmb.uk.com/prod/4028/lotus-wheel-centre-gel-badges

Nose badge was done through B&C so I don't have detail, sorry. However it is a Lotus part.

1 hour ago, Arun_D said:

Nath will confirm but my understanding is he got them direct from Nitron. Difference being his don't have Lotus Motorsport branding on them.

No mine came direct from Lotus through my local dealer.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Microfibre g-meter! :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

looks fairly quick Arun. You dont seem to loose too much time to the other V6.

Ive done some driver training at hethel in an elise but I havn't done a trackday there yet. Hopefully i will get a chance to do it later this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alias23 said:

Firstly - Damn the GT3 RS looks epic in Miami Blue.

0:27 nice little wobble ;)

1:36 that’s a tight squeeze between those barriers!

You have a lot of keys.... ;0

Thanks Imran, was a great fun day, loads of enthusiastic driving, very courteous too. 

Nicely driven Arun, I like the added notes on the vid. 

Love the v6 cup, great car, you can definitely feel the lack of weight compared to the 991, also the damping was spot on for the track from what my butt-meter felt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neal H said:

Nice driving Arun! I really regret taking heed of the weather warning as it was a fine day on Saturday. Still, at least I have a July day at Hethel to look forward to now (it will probably pee down!).

Thanks Neal. The track is a real treat, I'm glad I booked it up after you said you were going, just a shame you didn't make it in the end. Oh well, Spa in June!

Arun,

thanks for sharing - this was fun to watch!!! You are pretty fast - almost looks like your pusing the instructor ;-) 

Are you running Trofeos now? couldnt see, if this was with Race mode or enterily off?!?

I was on track yesterday at Bilster Berg but already cant wait for my next one ... 

Cheers

Norbert

• Like 1

Hi Norbert. Thank you very much. There was certainly scope to push harder, but I get to that sort of pace and remember that ideally I'd like to get home in one piece!

I'm still wearing down the original Corsas. You can hear a bit of tyre squeal from time to time on the video, which seems to be a characteristic of the Corsa, compared to the Trofeos. I kept the car in Sport mode for this day.

I am the same as you with trackdays. Unfortunately my next scheduled one is at Spa in mid-June, which is a long time between trackdays for me! Did you make another video from Bilster Berg?

2 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Hi Norbert. Thank you very much. There was certainly scope to push harder, but I get to that sort of pace and remember that ideally I'd like to get home in one piece!

I'm still wearing down the original Corsas. You can hear a bit of tyre squeal from time to time on the video, which seems to be a characteristic of the Corsa, compared to the Trofeos. I kept the car in Sport mode for this day.

I am the same as you with trackdays. Unfortunately my next scheduled one is at Spa in mid-June, which is a long time between trackdays for me! Did you make another video from Bilster Berg?

Hi Arun,

here is a short video - this time a lot better quality than last time. This was my second real track day (in my life ... not at Bilster Berg ;-) ). This time I was able to shave more than 5 seconds of my time compared the first one. Ended up with a 2:05 as my best.  Not the one on video, as my GoPro did run out of juice way too early ;-)

My aim is now to get to a sub 2 min time. That would make me very happy ;-) but I also want to bring the car home in one piece... 

I am also still on my first Corsas btw ;-)

Cheers

Norbert