free hit
counters
Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup - Page 16 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup

16 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

Just need to find out the issue number.

Neutral setting - is that middle?

That's right, middle of the 3 holes at the front of the wing bracket. Yours is the same, judging by the photo I took at Silverstone.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dave has clearly taken pity on me, so now I can share some proper photos: So yes, the car now sports the remainder of the V6 CupR aerokit (carbon engine cover, carbon chassis mounted wing, smalle

Some pics from collection earlier. Fit and finish by @Hangar 111 is exemplary, it's a really neat installation with some smart little touches that make it a bit more in-keeping with a car that still g

Some photos from Friday's trackday:  

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

That's right, middle of the 3 holes at the front of the wing bracket. Yours is the same, judging by the photo I took at Silverstone.

Correct - middle setting for me, not tried anything different either. Got any data on the settings? Or know what the Lotus Cup boys and girls run?

1 hour ago, NANO said:

The impression is good ... do you also have a good view on the dashboard ?

Does not the steering wheel cover you anything visual ?

No problem seeing the instruments at all. I sit so low in my Tillett the top of the wheel is above the instrument cowling.

1 hour ago, geartox said:

following the wing installation, can you always use the boot to store luggages ? 

can you lock the boot now ?

Yes there is still usable space for luggage, but the boot is not 100% water tight anymore 

No, the boot is not lockable. It is just the two aerocatches to open, but if I was really bothered (I am not) then apparantly you can get lockable versions.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Arun_D said:

That's right @stephenwhyte, it's a fair bit chunkier than the original Momo Tuner, more akin with the V6S airbag wheel, I'd say. 

Thickest wheel I’ve ever had was in a BMW Z4M and often wondered why all sport wheels aren’t like this?:) Should be good mateB-)

Looks awesome, Joe has done an awesome job on the wheel!

8 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

Thickest wheel I’ve ever had was in a BMW Z4M and often wondered why all sport wheels aren’t like this?:) Should be good mateB-)

I've driven quite a few modern BMWs and they have very thick steering wheels and I just find them uncomfortable and lack delicacy.

BMW certainly get the honour for being chunkiest of the chunky monkeys. Some people can't stand them, but I seem to flit between liking thinner wheels or thicker at a whim. What I really don't like are overly sculpted grips or thumb rests, and I'm afraid I seem to recall the Evora suffers from this (personal preference). Thankfully the Spare is the Goldilocks zone (just right), though you may notice it oddly has a chunkier cross section between 5 and 7'o-clock, for reasons I can't work out yet.

Thankfully @Neal H I don't do too much of that, but it hasn't required a noticeable amount of extra effort maneuvering out my garage and off my drive, which requires some moderate lock jiffling.

2 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Thankfully @Neal H I don't do too much of that, but it hasn't required a noticeable amount of extra effort maneuvering out my garage and off my drive, which requires some moderate lock jiffling.

I've got the same one on my car, and it's absolutely fine for maneuvering around. Looking good Arun!

• Like 1

Looks suspiciously like Towcester McDonald’s ?

So you made the trip to Silverstone today then , i was just about to leave but fortunately Dave’s email came through. Great shame but was the right decision 

That is a shame, hopefully you can find another track outing soon to test your new bits of kit.

How were the ZZRs in the cold weather and snow?

19 hours ago, Tex said:

Looks suspiciously like Towcester McDonald’s ?

So you made the trip to Silverstone today then , i was just about to leave but fortunately Dave’s email came through. Great shame but was the right decision 

That's right. I already had accomodation booked, so thought we'd hedge our bets and see what may happen. I was ready to rock when I saw Dave announce it on social media just before 6am, but thought it best to start the journey back down as soon as possible to minimise risk (obviously with breakfast first)

15 hours ago, GFWilliams said:

Looks like quite the adventure!  Sorry I bailed earlier, didn't really see the point of driving any more than needed when on Cup 2!

Totally understandable, I was kinda in the same mindset anyway

1 hour ago, M4rk said:

That is a shame, hopefully you can find another track outing soon to test your new bits of kit.

How were the ZZRs in the cold weather and snow?

Absolitely fine if you're not being an idiot and asking for miracles, though I wouldn't hold much hope if faced with more than what we had (millimetres of snow, slush and ice)