free hit
counters
Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup - Page 7 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup

7 hours ago, kokostrollet said:

I didn´t even know you could get it with a manual. Well, at least you will have an even better car when you are on track. The Cup R seems to more or less kill the V6 Cup according to this review of the two: 

+1 ^

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dave has clearly taken pity on me, so now I can share some proper photos: So yes, the car now sports the remainder of the V6 CupR aerokit (carbon engine cover, carbon chassis mounted wing, smalle

Some pics from collection earlier. Fit and finish by @Hangar 111 is exemplary, it's a really neat installation with some smart little touches that make it a bit more in-keeping with a car that still g

Some photos from Friday's trackday:  

Posted Images

Yep. The sequential paddle gearbox, though nothing short of amazing, is a $35,000 option not to mention added cost to service.  No doubt a wonder, but I'll keep exercising my heel and toe for now.  

• Like 1

Spot the Cup. By the way, as much as it looks like I'm kneeling down and worshipping my new car, I was merely inspecting the paint protection film. Honest.

Appears a bit later driving away from the circuit as well, Evo in tow.

• Like 2

Were you like that all day?! :lol:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 hours ago, Top cat said:

You were clearly caught worshiping at the Alter otherwise known as the Canyon Cup. And rightly so, i am not religious but would have been kneeling with you. :wub::blush:

I'm not either, but on the basis this is Exige number 4, clearly Lotus is the closest I've been to being devout to anything.

• Like 1

Regards your wheel centre caps - did you know you can get black ones from Lotus (off the LF1) which come with the spring clip to keep them in on track days (as opposed to the old ones with just plastic tabs which fall out).

Only problem, £20 per wheel. + vat! I want four for my Cup + a black nose badge and we are looking at £150 squids :-/

• 3 weeks later...

Last weekend, after boxing day, the Cup went on a bit of an adventure to get the running-in mileage completed. Having never driven Wales' incredible roads, including the Evo triangle, it seemed the ideal destination for me to head to for mileage accumulation. 

Although still reigned in by the running-in restrictions, The Cup proved an agile and unflappable tool in which to take in some fantastic scenery and driving experiences, in less than perfect conditions. Compared to the V6S, there's an apparant lack of roll that translates into sharper turn in that really made itself felt on the twisty mountain roads. Great fun.

Jumping from around 350miles on the odometer upon leaving the south coast to 1100miles less than 36hrs, it really didn't feel a hardship at all, despite a longer journey avoiding all Motorways. 

23940871872_9a22b03d12_b.jpg

23422004183_f0c39c9ae4_b.jpg

With it's garage partner....

23753162800_381c0799c7_b.jpg

Obligatory shot outside the Groes Inn (Evo Magazine's favourite haunt in that part of the world)

24048784595_dff215b946_b.jpg

The car was mostly faultless during the trip, apart from finding out when setting up the above photo that the driver's side door release button had siezed, causing me to have to clamber over the cabin from the passenger side to open my door. Frustrating, but no big deal when the running-in service was scheduled in a matter of days. Additionally, it was clear the front wheels needed a re-balance, as there was a bit of shimmy at motorways speeds. Again, and easy one to sort at the running-in service.

Upon returning to coast and awaiting the service it was time to apply a nice finishing touch to the exterior that I had planned. Having recieved a couple of Lotus Racing stickers from Jamie at B&C (feaured on the B&C matt black edition V6 Cups), I asked a signwriter friend of mine to create some with the correct/current Lotus Motorsport name, using the build plaque on the 360 Cup as confirmation, finished in black/silver rather than the old black/gold colour scheme. I'm quite happy with these, I must say.  Also in shot are v2.0 of my black wheel gel badges in a slightly larger diameter, now covering the original yellow caps perfectly.

23479820734_3eaae7a2fc_b.jpg

23479817374_c9b2c18c9d_b.jpg

Which brings us to this weekend, where the car received it's running-in service and for me to finally be able to exploit its full potential. As discussed previously, the redundant door lock pins were removed and replaced with blanks, and of course the seized door release and wheel imbalance were attanded to as well. Unfortunately, the 360 Cup air filter was not available to fit, so will have to wait till another time.

After a decent enough day finally being able to use full-throttle and the engine speed range as I please (I finally saw a shift light briefly!), my hapiness was slightly marred after the windscreen recieved a healthy stonechip from a passing car, which struck slap-bang in the centre of screen. Will need to get that attended to asap. I'm doing slightly better than with my last V6S, which had the same fate on only the 2nd day of ownership, though that one was conveniently out the way of my vision, unlike this one. Grrr!!

Next...get the chip repaired and book a track day!

• Like 2

Car's looking ace mate but that's bad luck with the screen. Is it repairable or will it need replacing?

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Arun, if you need a new windshield (or just for future reference), see if you can get this product in the UK -- it can save you time, money and concern that the windshield replacement tech will inadvertently cause some paint damage.....  http://www.clearplex.com/pages/about-media-videos

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

55 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Car's looking ace mate but that's bad luck with the screen. Is it repairable or will it need replacing?

Definitely repairable, Bibs. Fingers crossed whoever does it does a better job than on the last car. Normally they're hardly visible afterwards but that one was anything but. It really is in a distracting location this time round.

47 minutes ago, Jack said:

Arun, if you need a new windshield (or just for future reference), see if you can get this product in the UK -- it can save you time, money and concern that the windshield replacement tech will inadvertently cause some paint damage.....  http://www.clearplex.com/pages/about-media-videos

Thanks Jack, not heard of that product at all. I'll have a look.

Rotten luck with the stone chip, I suppose it's better on the screen than on the body. Love the new decals, hopefully you're working your way slowly towards a union jack or two for your wing endplates ;)

Looking great in the photos. I'm starting to think the canards should be compulsory on a V6 Cup.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks, Jonny. It actually has somehow collected an annoyingly large chip on the rear clam at its 'hips'. One day I'd love to have it filled but I don't think a standard Canyon Red touch up pen will suffice, it'll probably need something made up.

Arun - The canyon red touch up pen is indeed crap. But it's better than a rather sore sight of the base coat/fibreglass underneath. I have mine still and pretty much all of it if you want. Give a shout when you're next at Newlands.

Also - after meeting you last time, I realised where I recognised you from! Brands Hatch last year! I was there in the Evora, and you had your Exige - which you had just gotten back after having clutch issues or similar. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Kalli said:

Arun - The canyon red touch up pen is indeed crap. But it's better than a rather sore sight of the base coat/fibreglass underneath. I have mine still and pretty much all of it if you want. Give a shout when you're next at Newlands.

Also - after meeting you last time, I realised where I recognised you from! Brands Hatch last year! I was there in the Evora, and you had your Exige - which you had just gotten back after having clutch issues or similar.

Tom, I'll gladly take you up on your offer, that's very kind of you. Thanks very much.

Ah ok, yes I do recall now! Thinking it through that would have been the grey car that I just px'd in for the Cup. It was still being run in after I rejected my clutch issue yellow V6 for it. Unfortunately I booked the day when I thought the yellow car was properly fixed, but ended up just parking up the grey car in the paddock and sharing a drive of the Evo.

Arun, have to say that looks like a fantastic Evo! I must admit I still miss my 8MR 340.

Your friends car looks cherished and fantastic example.  I'd love to have such an example sat along side my Cup in my garage.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, CTRMint said:

Arun, have to say that looks like a fantastic Evo! I must admit I still miss my 8MR 340.

Your friends car looks cherished and fantastic example.  I'd love to have such an example sat along side my Cup in my garage.

Thanks, Mark. My girlfriend will be most pleased to hear that. It's a 9MR FQ360. Standard, save for a set of 6-pot APs and a set of Speedline Turinis an inch larger than they usually appear, to accomodate the bigger brakes. As they're the same design of wheel as come originally on the car, the change is very subtle. Great work by the previous owner.

As it happens, it used to reside for a time on the Isle of Man, but we've brought it back to within 10miles of where it was originally supplied!

• Like 1
On 4 January 2016 at 09:02, Arun_D said:

Tom, I'll gladly take you up on your offer, that's very kind of you. Thanks very much.

Ah ok, yes I do recall now! Thinking it through that would have been the grey car that I just px'd in for the Cup. It was still being run in after I rejected my clutch issue yellow V6 for it. Unfortunately I booked the day when I thought the yellow car was properly fixed, but ended up just parking up the grey car in the paddock and sharing a drive of the Evo.

That was the one :) I remember feeling gutted for you that you couldn't take it out! Where the heck did you find a gf who has an Evo and tracks it though?! :D 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Thanks, Mark. My girlfriend will be most pleased to hear that. It's a 9MR FQ360. Standard, save for a set of 6-pot APs and a set of Speedline Turinis an inch larger than they usually appear, to accomodate the bigger brakes. As they're the same design of wheel as come originally on the car, the change is very subtle. Great work by the previous owner.

As it happens, it used to reside for a time on the Isle of Man, but we've brought it back to within 10miles of where it was originally supplied!

I hunted around for a 9MR FQ360 in A1 condition for so long,  I even travelled to Xtreme and so nearly bought one, unfortunately it had some slight bubbling on the front arch so walked away.  Interesting to hear the car used to reside over here.

I'd love to see some more pics, if the Lotus owners don't mind you posting :-)

I feel another thread coming on. Look out for one entitled 'My other's half's car'.

Only because we want to keep this great thread all about this really special car, I'm also a big Evo fan (and Evo VI TME owner!) and think you were right to walk away Mark, rust is a real issue with UK cars sadly.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I feel another thread coming on. Look out for one entitled 'My other's half's car'.

Only because we want to keep this great thread all about this really special car, I'm also a big Evo fan (and Evo VI TME owner!) and think you were right to walk away Mark, rust is a real issue with UK cars sadly.

That might be a fun thread!

Rust is exactly why I did walk away.  I replaced all the arms and bushes on my 8 just months before selling, and it was a real nightmare.  I had the usual boot/spoiler rust spots too.  My car was going to be a big job to sort so I called it a day.  Still miss her though.

TME is probably my second fav after a 8/9 MR, nice, lucky man.

TME kicks ass too, lovely car :D

• Like 1

Evora NA