free hit
counters
Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup - Page 9 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Canyon Red Exige V6 Cup

Arun_D

Thanks for being our very own Chuck Yeager! ;)

Brands GP is one of the true greats. An absolute must for me this year.

Glad you had a better experience with the car, the best is yet to come! hope to see it on track soon.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Arun,

this looks like a lot of fun... I can't wait for my first track day this year ... most likely will be at Bilster Berg in April ...

One questions on the GoPro: what setting did you end up using and where did you mount it? I am still struggling with mine ... 

Cheers

Norbert

Oh I am very envious, Norbert. Bilster Berg has always looked a fantastic track. 

For that video I am filming 1080p 60fps in the medium angle setting. Additionally I turn on the spot meter function so the camera exposes the exterior correctly, otherwise you run the risk the camera exposes the interior of the car, but the outside is overexposed and too bright.

For mounting, my Cup has a harness bar a-frame, so I have a clamp mount with a standard camera thread connection, onto which I mount the GoPro onto with a thread mount  I bought from Amazon. The camera itself is in a Frame case for better sound quality. I took a quick photo for you.

DSC_1063.JPG.d3299e4827718627dc636d7342f

In my old V6S without harness bar, I just clamped the mount to the passenger seat, which I don't recommend. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Arun_D said:

Oh I am very envious, Norbert. Bilster Berg has always looked a fantastic track. 

For that video I am filming 1080p 60fps in the medium angle setting. Additionally I turn on the spot meter function so the camera exposes the exterior correctly, otherwise you run the risk the camera exposes the interior of the car, but the outside is overexposed and too bright.

For mounting, my Cup has a harness bar a-frame, so I have a clamp mount with a standard camera thread connection, onto which I mount the GoPro onto with a thread mount  I bought from Amazon. The camera itself is in a Frame case for better sound quality. I took a quick photo for you.

DSC_1063.JPG.d3299e4827718627dc636d7342f

In my old V6S without harness bar, I just clamped the mount to the passenger seat, which I don't recommend. 

Great! Thanks! I think I missed the spot meter last time. Re the mount: looks like one more reason to get a harness bar / harness bar a-frame  (I have to check the price difference between the two) ... I tried it with a suction cup mount to the engine comp. window last time and thats definitely not something I would want to do on track and it felt like to far back... 

I am envious of your cup seats by the way ... they just look stunning ... 

Edited by NW76
spelling

21 hours ago, Arun_D said:

If I could fault the car at all at this point, I'd probably be wanting a narrower seat, as although the carbon Cup seats are deeper in places than the V6S sport seats, they're just as wide. I wonder if the CupR Hans seats are different?

Arun, the CupR seats are no different, and as with you, I found them to lack sufficient lateral support for track duty.  My solution was to fit a Recaro seat -- seemed to be one of the few that will fit in the Exige.  That same seat came in my Cup255 and the 2-Eleven as delivered in the States back in 2008.  Lotus does offer/sell side rails that will secure the Recaro using the existing seat mounting holes -- no drilling of the floor needed.   

I would have preferred a "halo" type racing seat but the Exige cockpit is just too small or I'm just too big for proper ingress and egress. :D

recaro-pole-3.jpg

• Like 2

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Thank you, Jack. I suspected they may have indeed been no narrower, which is a shame.  I'm familiar with those Recaros as I had a pair in a previous car, do you have a link to the subframes or is it a case of speaking to Lotus?

I do love how my Cup seats are trimmed so would have to emulate that if I do go down this route. 

Just eat lots of burgers like the rest of us! Trust me it's much easier and more fun to put on weight than it is to take it off!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Pits said:

Just eat lots of burgers like the rest of us! Trust me it's much easier and more fun to put on weight than it is to take it off!

Oh, I can only agree, and say it's totally my own fault. A few years ago I was about 2.5 to 3 stone up and the seats would probably be nice and snug. 

Anyway, I still prescribe to the proper racer's diet....

2016-02-27_09-47-09

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Arun_D said:

do you have a link to the subframes or is it a case of speaking to Lotus?

No, I don't …. as far as I know, the brackets are only available from Lotus Motorsports.

• Like 1

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

One day I'd love to see my 'factory revived' one-off-mixed Canyon Red car next to an S2 elige or Evora made when it was an official colour choice to see if there's any difference in the tone at all. 

13 hours ago, Arun_D said:

One day I'd love to see my 'factory revived' one-off-mixed Canyon Red car next to an S2 elige or Evora made when it was an official colour choice to see if there's any difference in the tone at all. 

Yours does seem deeper and richer. Maybe Lotus are just better at painting cars these days?

It is an interesting topic. I get very anal about Lotus colours and the current plan of not naming most of the colours annoys me. I like to look at a car an know which specific colour it is but then I'm sad like that. 

I'm actually planning to do a full colour change on my car. I fancy something different and not done on a Lotus before. I have a few ideas but top of that list so far is Porsche Ultraviolet from the GT3 RS. I'm not usually a purple fan but that colour looks quite cool to my eyes.

I find the new porsche ultraviolet an odd colour. In photos i thought it looked great but when i saw it in person I didn't like the colour itself at all. The thing that makes it odd though is that there was 4 different 991 GT3RS lined up (lava orange, white, silver and violet) and out of the 4 the violet car was the one I would buy. It just looked much more epic in that colour.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crouchy said:

I find the new porsche ultraviolet an odd colour. In photos i thought it looked great but when i saw it in person I didn't like the colour itself at all. The thing that makes it odd though is that there was 4 different 991 GT3RS lined up (lava orange, white, silver and violet) and out of the 4 the violet car was the one I would buy. It just looked much more epic in that colour.

Sounds like what I felt when I saw Toxic Green in pictures and in the flesh :)

4 hours ago, NathR said:

I've just read this from start to finish, absolutely gorgeous car Arun! :wub:

Thanks Nathan. I do waffle on at times (and it must be said I love writing in parentheses!), but it's a pleasure sharing my journey owning what was always going to turn out a pretty awesome Lotus, which I adore. 

• 1 month later...

@Arun_D That looks fast and Goodwood really looks like a ballsey circuit!  B-)

Did you leave the rear ride height the same?

I did an eve at Snetterton last night, first time since fitting the Nitrons. The difference is huge imo, very impressed although the car is screaming out for some stickier rubber now... :lol:

• Like 1