free hit
counters
That Sinking Feeling - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
jammy-pop

That Sinking Feeling

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Al you need is the sort of things surgeons use that combine endoscopy facilities with grab abilities and the flexibility to go round corners.

Loosen bolts just enough to get a gap between bell housing and engine you may get lucky and it drop out, failing that lots of foul language is called for.

They do a good magnetic with a built in light like a car aerial in tesco for £2.25 at the moment.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I got lucky guys and managed to attract it to my magnetic pick up tool. Poked it about a bit and hooked it!

All back together now but had a moment of dread for a while!

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Alan,

The guy who had the car before me had the upgrades done. GTO racing ltd were the company that supplied and fitted the upgrade components, but not sure if they are still in business? I'm sure Quaife will still do the kit though.

Hope this helps,

Steve.

Hi Alan,

The guy who had the car before me had the upgrades done. GTO racing ltd were the company that supplied and fitted the upgrade components, but not sure if they are still in business? I'm sure Quaife will still do the kit though.

Hope this helps,

Steve.

Thanks very much Steve. I have my doubts about GTO still being around (http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/72929-new-v8-owner-with-gearbox-paranoia/?do=findComment&comment=591201) but I might see if Quaife can help.

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

"Sinking feeling".  A well-known phenomenon.  Items falling into tiny places, sheered bolts, broken alloy housings, hours-to-dismantle-clean-and-replace parts that still won't work and so it goes on.  But the satisfaction of a successful repair: bliss.

• Like 1