free hit
counters
New ABS switch delivered yesterday - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New ABS switch delivered yesterday

I have got my new ABS Switch from B & B Sportwagen ( Mr Ralf Burk) in Germany. The Switch (180,- Euro) is a plug and play solution from Bosch (three times the lifecycle of the original Switch), fitted the Switch, plug in the original connector and my pump is running correctly.

Cheers Andre

20150923_170724.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grey Switch 1 pump on 1900-2350psi and warning at about 1600 Grey switch 2 pump on 1800-2300psi and warning 1500-1600 (the warning cam on about 1500 but didn't go off till 1600 so it wa

To be fair, it Ralf has done the work and research on this, I think adding €40 to the price is more than reasonable! 

Fair enough. I bow my head in shame. I order. 

Posted Images

Does it have the low pressure warning function as well, and operate at the correct pressures? I've gotta give one of these a try! 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Hey Vanya!

The switch has the full functionality of the original switch,  I can not check the specs (psi on and off) due to the lack of a pressure gauge. It feels very much better then the switch before.

Cheers Andre

How come this is the first we have heard of this switch? If it is a direct replacement, that would be a real bonus for all of us.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

The Switch is a direct replacement with full functionality inc low pressure, look at the pic. The is available till last week from "B&B Sportwagen" in Germany.

Ralf's a good guy, his English is fine :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I changed the brake fluid in the Powermaster now and have finished the bleeding procedure according to the workshop manual. Never had this confident brake feeling during the last 11 years on my Esprit. Pump is running after pressing the pedal three times (Accumulator is 9 years old) and I am very happy abut this.

Hey Sid,

Silly question but, do I need to empty the reservoir to change the switch? I haven't fiddled with mine yet. I changed fluid this year, which was fun, but haven't gone more in depth. 

I'm gonna mail Ralf right away about this switch. Who knows what mine is operating at.... 

What I DO know is that my SE doesn't stop quite as quickly as I'd like it to. 

Hey Vanya!  The reservoir can stay full.  You have to depressurise the system, then you need access to the pump assembly to change the switch. Last step is to bleed the system according the workshop manual. Let me know if you need a copy of this section.

Anyone who gets the information on the working pressures of this switch please re post as this has been something I have been looking for for ages. Pressures ( from memory) are 2800 psi pump off

2400 psi pump on

1800 psi low pressure warning. 

This is great if correct...

wayne

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

Hey Vanya!  The reservoir can stay full.  You have to depressurise the system, then you need access to the pump assembly to change the switch. Last step is to bleed the system according the workshop manual. Let me know if you need a copy of this section.

Thanks for the info! I have the workshop manuals but just wanted to check if depressurising was enough - they always mention "escaping fluid" when changing parts, even though I didn't really experience any when I pulled the accumulator a few years ago for instance. 

As far as I understand after a talk with Ralf Burk from "B&B Sportwagen", the switch is not a standard product from Bosch, but Bosch build this switch according to Ralfs specification (for the SE ABS) in a small number of pieces exclusive für Ralf.

In my case the switch is working fine an the brakes feel confident.

I was gonna but it appears Ralf has jacked the price to 220 Euros....(if the price mentioned in the initial post was correct) so I'm a bit hesitant right now. 

When you have scheduled suspension rebuild, new calipers, discs, pads, hoses all round and new door frames, every Euro counts.

Edited by Vanya

So bypass him and TLF members go straight to Bosch with a group buy?

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

He probably has the same arrangement with Bosch as GTO Racing have with Quaife. That company won't sell a torsen diff directly but refer you to GTO. I think it's because GTO and maybe Ralf paid for the original development of the parts.

DanR

You might be right, but the question could still be asked?