free hit
counters
Here we go again....baby seats in Evora - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Here we go again....baby seats in Evora

I went to recaro milano.....my kids are 5.5 and 4.5.......work well for me.....in all cars....ded easy to fit and swap

😁👍

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironically a Maclaren doesn't fit in a McLaren.

Just to update this thread as it seems to be a question that comes up again and again - and i've done sh*t loads of research !      Sorry if this is the wrong thread - if it is point me in the directi

I’ll take one with just the seat fitted, but this is with Isabel in place!

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, theelanman said:

I went to recaro milano.....my kids are 5.5 and 4.5.......work well for me.....in all cars....ded easy to fit and swap

😁👍

Yes that was I was intending to do based on the replies in this topic but I don’t think it’s made anymore. All places seem to be sold out or unavailable . Read something about Recaro pulling out of the kiddie seat market due to recalls/law suits. Maybe that’s why.

Mmmm......I just googled it and it brought up pics and prices.......mmmmm

On second inspection.....the stuff at the top is most relevant but out of date.....they list the seat but not supplier.......and when you do get supplier listing it seems sold out.....

You might have to try the dreaded flyaway

😲 

There's a new one on ebay.....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283841011096

how many do you need?.......if its only one then not sure it matters which seat you get widthwise......i went for Milano as I have two kids and the both fit with seat.......

I have spotted another Evora driver with 2 kids in the back....and he didn't use the Milano........ill try to remember or see if I made a note somewhere......

• Gold FFM

Thanks, that eBay one may work, was a bit nervous of 2nd hand as no knowledge of whether it’s been through a crash. 

Luckily only need 1 so width isn’t the issue. It’s the base depth that causes the problem as at the moment with the  Recaro Young Sport Hero it forces my sons legs straight out meaning there is no chance of using the front passenger seat as I have to fold it forward. I was hoping the Milano not being as deep would mean my wife could actually come along too (actually on second thoughts 😁

• Haha 1

think the Monza might have a short base too........

Im just guessing now Im afraid as Ive been with these seats for a few years now......and they'll see me through

how about a trip to Halfords or Mothercare and get the staff to get them all out........:thumbup:

Mothercare went bust late last year! 

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

3 hours ago, paranoidandroid said:

Thanks, that eBay one may work, was a bit nervous of 2nd hand as no knowledge of whether it’s been through a crash. 

Luckily only need 1 so width isn’t the issue. It’s the base depth that causes the problem as at the moment with the  Recaro Young Sport Hero it forces my sons legs straight out meaning there is no chance of using the front passenger seat as I have to fold it forward. I was hoping the Milano not being as deep would mean my wife could actually come along too (actually on second thoughts 😁

Base depth and width is massively smaller on the Milano. Don't think my one even extends beyond the standard seat base. 

Also narrow enough to fit in the front passenger seat. In fact I have 2, one in the front and one in the back. ( No room behind the driver's seat as I have the seat all the way back).

Only thing of note for the Milano is if you child is tall the seat quite quickly hits the roof of the car in the back. Doesn't work for my 6 year old in the back (but she is very tall for her age) but fine for my 4 year old. 

Mine are both standard and the 2 I have are a slightly different style from each other. Both are the same size and work in the same way. 

9FWIW Recaro did pull out of the market around 2 years ago, but sold the product line to an Italian baby car seat manufacturer, who has bought a licence off Recaro to use their name as well.

The Milano does look to still be in production, but isn't sold in the UK with the exception of Amazon UK who is out of stock.

There is a new Recaro group 2/3 i-size car seat that might be worth a look at that is sold at places like Uber Kids.

https://www.recaro-kids.uk/mako-elite.html

https://www.uberkids.com/uk/recaro-mako-elite-group-2-3-car-seat-2010317/

I've got a Kiddy Phoenixfix 3, which has an impact shield, that my 2 year old daughter uses in my Evora. It has fold away Isofix connectors. I also have a Kiddy Cruiserfix 3 to use in the Evora when she grows out of the other one. Both seats use the same base and stick out about the same distance on the back seat as the Recaro Young Sport Hero I tried.

Sadly Kiddy went bust about a year or so ago, but there is limited stocks of the car seats that can be found online.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Photos of the Kiddy Phoenixfix 3 Group 1 car seat. Its base is shared with the Group 1/2/3 Kiddy Guardianfix3 seat and the Group 2/3 Cruiserfix3 seat.

20190127_164716-resize.jpg

20190127_164044-resize.jpg

Edited by EuropaSman

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• 4 months later...

Just picked up my Evora S sports racer and now I need some advice on what the best baby seat would be to use as it’s tight space

I have a 2 year old and looking for the smallest seat possible to use?

also the how to I get the belt clips out as they maybe pushed back or tucked out of the way?

Scroll up and you'll see a few options Troy. The rear seat base is just velcroed down, pull that up and you'll be able to rescue the clips then refit the base. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.