free hit
counters
Can you map a evora s? - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stuno1

Can you map a evora s?

@Stun01 are we on different forums as EA ECU re-map capabiltiy is well documented on here as the ONLY current place for some time with the right kit to do ecu mapping, though obviously more are / will be coming!

This is outside of course, of the Komotec "kits".

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My first port of call was hangar111 and they also offer mapping and induction mods, but this pack was not on their site.

Response from Essex auto sport below.

Be careful with aftermarket induction. as most will remove the internal air flow corrector. This in turn will give the maf 
sensor incorrect readings - adjusting fuel trim etc. you'l only start seeing real gains once you remove the cat pipes. Might
be worth saving some more pennies and getting that sorted out first :)
  • Like 1

I was thinking exactly that, reoval of the cats before anything else. I know with my IPS I will be restricted to circa 380hp but think that may be a worthwhile upgrade. I wonder if you have to map the ECU or it will compensate once the cats are removed, my guess is no but you won't see allthe potential gain unless you do. I suppose as Hanger 111 deal with Komotec and my preference would probably be for Jims headers, Essex Autosprt would be the better company to map the car?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Hi Trevor from my research I'd say Essex is currently the only outfit with actual remapping experience on the evora. Obviously KT have their "kit" which includes a remap.

However I'd give Jim at 2bular a ring to discuss your plans and get his input before you decide.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

2 hours ago, Trevsked said:

I was thinking exactly that, reoval of the cats before anything else. I know with my IPS I will be restricted to circa 380hp but think that may be a worthwhile upgrade. I wonder if you have to map the ECU or it will compensate once the cats are removed, my guess is no but you won't see allthe potential gain unless you do. I suppose as Hanger 111 deal with Komotec and my preference would probably be for Jims headers, Essex Autosprt would be the better company to map the car?

Trevor.

If removing the cats reduces the back pressure, all things being equal, that should improve the airlfow through the engine. If the air flow increases, the ECU would need to add more fuel to keep the Air-Fuel-Ratio the same, but whether it will cope, or you'll just run lean is a different matter!

If the air flow improvement is significant in the part of the map that uses closed-loop feedback from the lamdba sensor, then the ECU should spot it and mess with the fuel trims to keep idle at ~14.7:1 AFR, and the fuel trims may well have an affect on the fueling further up the map.

But really the proof is on the dyno - I'd want to see a plot just to know the AFR was safe across the rev-range, even if the power gain is negligible...

I would also assume you would need to run the car with the new headers for a few gundred miles before taking it to the dyno for the ECU to adapt?

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

3 hours ago, Trevsked said:

I would also assume you would need to run the car with the new headers for a few gundred miles before taking it to the dyno for the ECU to adapt?

Trevor.

It wouldn't be instant, but on my Celica for example, you can see the ECU fill in the fuel trims in real time with an OBD-II scanner, from a blank start after having had the battery disconnected. It has long and short term fuel trims - the longer term ones seem to be a slower moving average.

That's a 2003 Toyota ECU though - I bet things have moved on a hell of a lot since then - I've no idea what the Evora's ECU does!