free hit
counters
"Lucky lady" - Page 2 - Introductions - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

"Lucky lady"

Charlotte

185mph sports car for the school run, priceless!

:clap:

The kids will always remember it. In fact I can still remember a run to school in the back of a gold Eclat in the early 80's. That's where it all started for me!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks Amazing Charlotte and I love that the kids love it! Future Lotus drivers!!!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

185mph sports car for the school run, priceless!

:clap:

The kids will always remember it. In fact I can still remember a run to school in the back of a gold Eclat in the early 80's. That's where it all started for me!

185mph is for AFTER I've dropped them off......that's when the fun begins! 

Just noticed a stop clock on the dash......a challenge to beat the 0-62mph, I feel?!?!

we had a red lotus elan when we were kids convertible 2 seater unfortunately......no room for school run with 3 kids but fun! 

• Gold FFM

Lovely colour combo - looks very classy

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Thanks Charlotte, those are GREAT!  Your husband actually Pm'd me to let me know you posted the initial shots when you took delivery because my intent was/is to order exactly what you ended up picking :)  I wanted the diamond cut wheels as well, but since they are no longer offered, I too will be going with the black wheels.  I was considering the Black Alcantara interior as well, but the wife saw a pic and her response was "it looks like carpet..."  :angry:

So like you, red leather to match the calipers and provide a nice contrast with dark grey.  Now if I can just get a Lotus dealer near me to show any interest in taking an order, that would be swell!

Edited by 99Problems

Great choice! :respect: Your wife will be pleased to know that the ceiling of the car has a carpet finish too! :thumbup:

It is black alcantara but looks fine. 

I can't believe you are having trouble ordering. We went to bell and colvill which are about 2 hours away from us. Speak to Jamie there or gm77 know a lot of people now. Or of course, Bibs who should know everyone! ?

hope your wife is looking forward to you getting an Evora 400..... Is it for you or her??? 

I'm in the San Francisco area, so don't believe Bell and Colvill would be an option for me :P

Since the car doesn't come to the states until January the 2 dealers near me that I've spoken to knew less about the car than I did just from jumping on forums and reading the lotus site.  The ones here are also dealerships that carry Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, etc. so I think for those guys the Lotus mark doesn't rank as far as putting forward any effort to learn about the car.

That said, its a pain in the a$$ to import a car into California from another state, so I will just have to bite the bullet and give commission to one of 2 disinterested sales guys at some point.

The wife IS looking forward to me getting the Evora 400, but mostly so I'll stop showing her every video and pic of it online, and because she will inherit my BMW M3 as her daily driver.  Our 4 year old son will be getting dropped off and picked up in style with either parent B-)

• Like 1

Ah yes, I remember my husband telling me about your conversation. Silly me, bell and colvill would be a little too far! :P

unfortunately, if you are as obsessed as my husband, the videos and pictures won't stop after you actually get your own. <_<

good luck in getting yours, your 4 year old's friends will be so envious!B-)

Am I seeing things, or is the center section between the hood vents black?  I looked at other cars with a black pack, and that center section was the same color as the body, but on yours it looks like its actually black.

If anyone has any tips on how I can achieve my original goal and get the 400 back, I'm all ears!  It's all backfired! :wallbash:

• Like 2

Thanks Barry; sounds a plan!  

Plus, have you noticed how small and inconvenient the boot is? Not practical at all. And fuel economy as well ... You're not going to get 50 mpg from that. ?

• Gold FFM

If anyone has any tips on how I can achieve my original goal and get the 400 back, I'm all ears!  It's all backfired! :wallbash:

Tell your kids you've  invented a fun new game called "She's  not my mum" and get them to play along.

Wait until your wife packs the kids in the car and drives them off to school. Phone 999 and report that some strange and dangerous looking woman has just stolen your car and kidnapped the kids. When she gets arrested you and the kids say you have no idea who this random lady is.

Can't fail as no copper would ever believe a bloke woukd be stupid enough to buy an Evora 400 for his wife to take the kids to school in. I mean, a lady 400 owner. Unbelievable.

Only downside is you'll  have to get a helper in for a few hours a week to tidy up the place and prepare the meals for the next week. Job done. Minimal fuss and financial outlay!  :)

God, I hope your Lucky Lady never reads this and if she does, she's  never heard about Mrs. Bobbit..... This was not my idea. Who are you again....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Tell your kids you've  invented a fun new game called "She's  not my mum" and get them to play along.

Wait until your wife packs the kids in the car and drives them off to school. Phone 999 and report that some strange and dangerous looking woman has just stolen your car and kidnapped the kids. When she gets arrested you and the kids say you have no idea who this random lady is.

Can't fail as no copper would ever believe a bloke woukd be stupid enough to buy an Evora 400 for his wife to take the kids to school in. I mean, a lady 400 owner. Unbelievable.

Only downside is you'll  have to get a helper in for a few hours a week to tidy up the place and prepare the meals for the next week. Job done. Minimal fuss and financial outlay!  :)

God, I hope your Lucky Lady never reads this and if she does, she's  never heard about Mrs. Bobbit..... This was not my idea. Who are you again....

I'm in!

That's genius Andy. And just as well, I was really struggling to find that roller skate! (Your secret is safe with me.)

Greg 

I can confirm that this will definitely be a useful example for Lotus to look at from a durability perspective in a couple of years! Sounds unbelievably good though, I want that exhaust on my Exige...

Gorgeous car Charlotte.

Take a tip - seal the kids in a bin bag below the neck - this will eliminate sticky finger damage lol

I speak from personal experience, although sadly my school transport was slightly less cool

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

• Gold FFM

Never ever let them have those little boxes of raisins - they seems to explode the second they try and open them!!

crisps, biscuits, toffees, apples, bananas, food, drink, colouring pens oh and children - are never a great combination in the back or front of any car!!!

Only here once

Yes I agree, from day one we've said no food or drink in the car but can't stop boots full of sand from pre school sandpit, trading cards that end up inaccessible places and general dirt from wet weather. 

Doesn't bother me too much as I do get to drive this car every day and it looks so awesome from the outside! Only issue I'm having are the weekends......my husband is insistent he drives!!!!