free hit
counters
Another college shooting in the USA - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Another college shooting in the USA

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Mental Health programs" would only touch those AFTER they popped their cork. And we don't have any mental health care here anymore, anyway. Whom among us has not had an episode, or more, where a gun

It's pretty much split, but non-gun types I believe slightly outnumber second amendment gun types.  What should be the rule of law is their "right" to play with toys should not exceed my right to be f

Ramjet, Yes, you are absolutely correct.  Trump had to waste over $2 million of our tax dollars to golf this weekend rather than be a "REAL" President and support our very brave and intelligent y

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

It's not guns that kill folks - it's the dickheads carrying them. Unfortunately the yanks will never change - and I'm sure more will tragically die in horrible incidents like this

Only here once

A sick society that loves its guns more than its children.

Can I suggest this latest be a new topic. These sad and horrific events need to be plugged into eveybody's consciousness.

DanR

Done.

Looks like the Police shot him. Quick justice but little justice for the victims, their families and friends.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

They were overdue for their next college mass shooting.

Pointless, but expected.

+140 college shootings since Sandy Hook.

Edited by s4simon

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

I watched Obama's speech last night. I thought his reaction was spot on. Talking about how this has become routine and his address's had become routine and the backlash from the gun lobby.

Buddsy 

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

In this country $pecial interests$ through lobbyists rule. Follow the $$.  Many senators are in the NRA's pocket. 

When it comes to passing a bill someone always attaches a rider so that their unrelated cause and their palms get greased.

To pervert Kennedy's famous speech, they have warped it around to "Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for me"

Disgusting

• Like 1

Out of tragedy...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/oregon-shooting-family-of-heroic-chris-mintz-who-was-shot-seven-times-raise-thousands-for-his-a6677546.html

Proper hero. The article says he was shot 7 times and had both legs broken in his efforts which no doubt saved a huge number of people from being killed. His family have set up a fundraising page to cover his medical bills etc, it's over $150k in the first 5 hours :thumbsup:

Oh, and...

32423-1ywzvdl.png

Evora NA

I'd like to see a comparison graph next to the one above showing money spent on stopping US based terrorism to money spent on gun controls.

One would be billions, if not trillions and the other would be negative thanks to the NRA!

Evora NA

it's over $150k in the first 5 hours :thumbsup:

$300k. Great to see, I've donated. He needs a medal too :)

Edited by Bibs

Evora NA

Great speech by Obama, would be nice if people listened for once...

President Obama's furious reaction to another mass shooting in...

President Barack Obama is furious. Watch as he addresses the nation after another mass shooting. At least 10 were killed and 7 injured in a shooting at a community college in southwestern Oregon.

Posted by

Vox

on Thursday, 1 October 2015

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

It's the great ol USA - they won't bloody listen if it involve gun controls.

land of the free and all that - frankly living in the past

Only here once

I was on a cruise in Alaska last year and we met two Texans at dinner. They were severely anti-Obama (I won't repeat some of that) and said if he tried on the gun control thing, there would be a civil war. Sheriffs have been quoted saying the same thing.
How do you speak sanely to people like this?

http://www.theonion.com/article/nra-sets-1000-killed-in-school-shooting-as-amount--28352

oh. I forgot to add, he has no children.

Edited by ramjet

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

How lucky those kids are to grow up in a free country........

stuff like this just goes to show that sometimes democracy just doesn't provide the best solution

Only here once

I was on a cruise in Alaska last year and we met two Texans at dinner. They were severely anti-Obama (I won't repeat some of that) and said if he tried on the gun control thing, there would be a civil war. Sheriffs have been quoted saying the same thing.
How do you speak sanely to people like this?

http://www.theonion.com/article/nra-sets-1000-killed-in-school-shooting-as-amount--28352

oh. I forgot to add, he has no children.

Not to wish anyone dead in particular , but it would be poetic justice if the head of the NRA was taken out by a lunatic who is later caught and proclaims "I wanna thank Wayne LaPierre and the NRA  for making this all possible"

No it rarely happens like that in real life.

Holiday in San Francisco June 2014, we walked past a car park entrance. By the entrance was an official sign to the effect that the noxious emissions inside (ie car exhausts) were a potential risk to the health of pregnant women. I couldn`t help thinking that a perfectly legal gun carried by many US citizens both sane and psychopathic would present more of a risk to the health of all.... and that maybe they should get their priorities right...

I would like to see a TV  game show. With say 1000 people on an island with all their persoanl guns. Last one standing wins a million bucks. No doubt they would fill all registrations within a day.  Would make great TV. Prime time.

We stopped being a Democracy the instant private money was allowed to fund political races many years ago. 87% of the country wants out of the gun mess, more or less, and that only goes so far against the probable billions spent keeping the 2nd Amendment alive and well. And, since many here are not capable of reading very well, they come up with their preferred version of it: "Guns, A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."  And, courts have now started following the nuts' needs rather than the dead folks needs. I had a much higher opinion of our country when I was 26 and a CPT in the Army doing nasty things with CBR and Special Weapons than I do now at the age of 70.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't understand how much energy the government can dedicate to pursuing VW and their "evilness" for lying and conning the public but steer clear of properly fixing their murderous gun policies. What a "f... u..." sense of values.

More Americans have died from guns in the United States since 1968 than on battlefields of all the wars in American history.

DanR

Wayne LaPierre actually used the words 'God-given right' for Americans to have guns.

I didn't realise He was there when the Constitution and the Amendments were written.

There you go. Learn something every day.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Perhaps one other cause is that we do not graduate everyone from simple High School here. i.e. something like 67% of our students graduate. That number will vary -D.C. perhaps 55%, Baltimore something like 60%. We are talking HIGH SCHOOL here, not university. Makes for a lot of cowboys. NOTE: My numbers may be off by 5% since I have stopped listening and reading about our abysmal education system and parenting failures. What is the point in knowing more?

• Thanks 1