free hit
counters
Another college shooting in the USA - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Another college shooting in the USA

I'm sure i read somewhere, that children under ten years of age in America. Have been responsible for more deaths by shooting in the last ten years , than terrorists!!!!!!!  Apparently , things like Mom's so cute pink pistol, has been found by inquisitive little fingers, and thought to be a toy. It has then been used to shoot a sibling, parent or friend.

• 2 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Mental Health programs" would only touch those AFTER they popped their cork. And we don't have any mental health care here anymore, anyway. Whom among us has not had an episode, or more, where a gun

It's pretty much split, but non-gun types I believe slightly outnumber second amendment gun types.  What should be the rule of law is their "right" to play with toys should not exceed my right to be f

Ramjet, Yes, you are absolutely correct.  Trump had to waste over $2 million of our tax dollars to golf this weekend rather than be a "REAL" President and support our very brave and intelligent y

Posted Images

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-35229294

Obama wants to introduce background checks on all gun purchases to ensure people aren't psychos or federal criminals banned from owning guns and other politicians want to fight this 'tooth and nail'? :blink:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Correct. They can start by checking out the politicians.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I was actually astonished at the news last night which showed lines of Americans waiting to go in and buy guns based on the possibility of Obama's laws getting through. :shock:

Where is the NRA guy lately? He seems to be rather quiet. (for once)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Do not know as he has not been on the news lately. Hoping he was nicked by one of his true believers but doubt luck is with us on that one. Oh, forgot, Baltimore City, 28 miles north had 195 killed this year, no idea about the survivor count - they refuse to publish that data. My feeling is that the day we stopped the Military Draft, is the day stupid took the reigns here, but i could be wrong.

The NRA's premise you can weed out unfit owners with a one time check on mental fitness is flawed. People can develop mental issues later or not show them initially or just go postal in an instant (like road rage). All we need to demonstrate this insanity is everyone carrying guns around in their cars when a road rage incident escalates. One guy finally pulls the trigger and then a bystander pulls his gun to shoot him and so on and so on.  It's one thing to have a gun at home (out of the reach of children) to defend your property in a high crime area. Quite another to have a gun holstered to you like the cowboys counting on your instant judgement is correct in a quick draw drag race.  Total lunacy.  I see these gun proponents having gatherings at a restaurants to show support saying they feel more scure and that no bad guy would dare enter with all of them carrying guns.  Well this good guy would not enter either being very nervous that it only takes one trigger happy person with bad judgement to create a disaster.

Also NRA = Follow the money. Also as time goes on the second amendment rights advocates will be calling for their God given right for fully automatic weapons or RPGs.  A bigger "hammer" is not the answer.  It's not a musket society anymore.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I agree with what you have said above about everyone carrying weapons.

It is my opinion if you pull a gun in public, whether you be the bad guy or a 'good' guy trying to stop the bad guy, if you do not have a police uniform etc on, you can reasonably expect to get shot.

• 2 years later...
  • Sad 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 10/2/2015 at 21:05, comem47 said:

In this country $pecial interests$ through lobbyists rule. Follow the $$.  Many senators are in the NRA's pocket. 

When it comes to passing a bill someone always attaches a rider so that their unrelated cause and their palms get greased.

To pervert Kennedy's famous speech, they have warped it around to "Ask not what you can do for your country, but what your country can do for me"

Disgusting

So sad these shootings and murders continue.

The biggest obstacle to introducing sensible checks and balances is the NRA. With 5,000,000 members paying $25 annual membership, the power and influence the NRA can have on the US government is disproportionate to the population. There are another 100,000,000 or so, gun owners who would welcome gun controls.

What's needed is another gun association that rivals the monopoly of the NRA. Perhaps those 100 million responsible gun owners would be prepared to pay some nominal, but less than the NRA's $25, annual membership.

America is the home of billionaires so why can't one or some step up and help start a rival gun association. An association with sensible and responsible policies on guns, to check and stop the power and influence of the NRA.

DanR

Image may contain: people sitting

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Very sad that this happens in the U.S quite frequently,   What would concern me,  even if they did ban weapons,  how the hell would you collect them all in ?  

Some folks have twenty plus guns per house,   They could easily just say  "Oh" I forgot i had that pistol in the tool box, in the cupboard etc. 

I just cant see how you could possibly get this to work,  even if you cut back on the sale of ammo,  quite a lot make their own,  and as for the carrying of firearms state side,  if some nutter has decided that today he is going to kill his fellow classmates that day, not much you can do sadly, even if the carrying of firearms had been banned,  bar the metal detectors and campus security checks what more can you do to stop a lunatic ?  

Heart goes out to the victims and the families of the victims,  last thing those teenagers would of expected to happen at school today sadly :cry:

A

It's always reassuring to see most Americans backing the gunmen in these situations. 

It'll be okay, just a one off occurrence, it's just not worth changing the rules.  Let's just close our eyes and pray this doesn't happen again...

Wait...  What... another mass shooting.  How did this happen.  Rinse and repeat.

Solution is simple.  Really it is.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

I was talking with my wife about this last night. Until they change something, this will continue to occur. What's that definition of insanity again?

My wife quoted me a statistic which I thought sounded a bit over the top. Once you read the definition used, you understand why the number is higher than you would expect.

My question still is though, 'What is a firearm doing in the school in the first place?'

I'll let you click the link as I don't want to spoil the moment you may have.

Wasn't there a sheriff who went quite public and said that if Obama had brought in any sort of gun control. further to the 'strict' rules there are now, that he would in no way support it?

Nope. The day of his inaugaration, the head of the Republicans held a meeting with his party and confirmed their only job from that day on was to block everything Obama would ever try to do while in office as they are completely bought and paid for by the National Rifle Association whose sole function these past twenty or more years is to make money off the sale of guns....

I have been a lot of places, lived in many other countries (Thailand and Germany to name a few) and this one does have its benefits, such as a 3 car garage with a 6000 square foot house for a mere 470k USD. but I now am actually considering dumping it and calling a few embassies as I am not certain this country will ever return to sanity.

• Like 2

Lot of sensible strategies here with the big problem being the NRA. Estimates that of their few million members it's about 750,000 who are so extreme they are opposed to any form of gun control. The NRA's boss, Wayne La Pierre, whose salary is around $1mill, is a brilliant strategist able to check whatever efforts are made by sensible people for gun control. So far no body or organization has been able to best him.

http://prospect.org/article/three-strategies-beat-nra

DanR

Saw some stats for 2018 yesterday. There’s been a school shooting every second day in the USA this year alone. 

Some might say we have tight gun laws here in Oz. All auto and semi auto guns are illegal, single shot weapons only. But we can still go and buy guns from a gun shop. We can still go camping and shoot stuff. I can still take my kids to a local gun range and go shooting with no license.

Edited by s4simon

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Never new that was the case regarding no license in Oz Simon,   To be honest i thought it was only the folks up Northern territories and the outback that had rifles in Oz. 

Two famous folks with guns come to mind in 0z,  one nice one, one nasty.  Both famous for very different reasons !2314c2630c7ba0c1e757a1cf3d465826--crocodile-dundee-dream-life.jpg.e39ccec05c022a8ea6f94c90c88643e7.jpg5a87f60344493_(1).jpg.24f0dedf1a9c4e71f840c5fe44556fb0.jpg

A

And while one is obviously fictitious, so is the second one. Something I did not know initially.