Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Another college shooting in the USA - Page 8 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Another college shooting in the USA

Bibs

Yes, eye opening indeed!  Amazing that you can survive a low velocity hand gun fired bullet as opposed to an AR-15 fired bullet which tears apart the insides and therefore doesn't need to be that accurate to cause fatalities.  Most people bleed to death due to "velocity" at which the AR-15 bullet is fired.  It comes down to basic physics.  A short barreled 9 mm pistol cannot reach the speed of a rifle barreled counterpart.  Hypothetically, if the Parkland shooter used hand guns instead of the AR-15 primarily, more student lives could have been saved in the aftermath due to the physics involved.  With this said, it wouldn't have changed the fact that this tragedy wouldn't have been less horrific.  The irony is that the hand gun is illegal to purchase which would have reduced causalities whereas the AR-15 was legal to purchase and caused much more terror and causalities. 

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sick.

Not only do you have to be braindead and without a soul to do it in the first place, but you don't even have to be a proppermarksman.

Sick.

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Have you guys seen Louis Theroux's documentary "Dark States: Murder in Milwaukee" - it really puts the problem into perspective. I'd describe some of the stuff in it but I'm afraid nobody would believe me.... 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Sad sad news.

Yet another sad dangerous school shooting in the USA, this time at Great Mills High School in Maryland. At this point there seems to be at least one student shot dead, some wounded and the shooter seems to have been shot by the police.

Come on USA, you are behaving beyond belief and acting extremely childish with your gun Laws. Just forbid it all. Give them up and melt them all. Period.

With the likewise often near crazy courtcases with regards to compensation, I think there should be a courtcase against the second ammendment and the people should collectively sue every single politician for 10.000.000 usd each as long as they don't end this madness once and for all, and donate the Money to a fund for families having one or more innocent members shot dead by madmen.

Jacques

Yep, more sad news.  Except this was a hand gun which should have been illegal for this person to purchase.  However, it will probably come out that the weapon was owned by a parent or was stolen.  If it was the parent, then they will be partly responsible since the weapon was not locked up.

This is the 17th shooting this year.  Unfortunately, the Austin bomber has taken the spotlight away from the gun control issue temporarily.  Additionally, the Facebook/Cambridge Analytics and Stormy Daniels & Co. has a spotlight on it.    Regrettably, it will take yet another mass shooting before the spotlight focuses again on gun control.  I praise the students around the world for their inspiration, but we need to remove all NRA vested members from Congress before real progress can be achieved.  This is far too slow a pace for individuals such as myself. 

As a side note... IF anyone brings a weapon to school other than authorized personnel (police and resource officers - NOT teachers) with the intend to inflict violence,  then they should be aware that authorities should have shoot to kill orders.  There is truly no need to waste the courts time and resources on these individuals.  Plus wounding the suspect is not enough to stop them firing weapons.  It's not enough to take down the shooter, they need to take out the shooter for the students and public safety.  I'm just angry that the NRA values their guns more than children's lives.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

How come the Congress members who can be shown to have a link to MRA funding don't have to abstain from any vote based on a 'conflict of interests?'

I don't mean that stupidly. I presume it could take out most of Congress?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The NRA needs a challenger. Their monopoly needs to be broken by another gun organization that while still adhering to 2nd amendment principles has sensible policies on gun controls and owner vetting checks and balances. The NRA's 5m x $25 pa membership surely opens the door for a cheaper challenger that recruits the remaining 100m gun owners who are in support of reform.

DanR

Its a sad indictment of any society that needs armed Police and Security Officers in a School to keep children safe.

We don't have either Police or Security in schools here. guess how many shootings we have had? One. And after that they banned all guns except shotguns and they are stupendously difficult to get.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

A Little beacon of light and hope is that thousands of Young people will march against present gun Laws in Washington and many other cities all over the USA.

Go for it USA!

Kind regards,

Jacques

Yes, this is good. 

But there will be pro gun activists in some areas that will be marching "with their firearms".  This is a recipe for disaster if these groups intermix.

These pro gun people have the right to march - but they need to leave their "toys" at home.  Again, Toys that kill.

Edited by bogle

On 3/10/2018 at 00:51, MikieP said:

To state the obvious, America is experiencing.a very troubling turn.  The gun issue is but one symptom of a democracy struggling for balance.  Looked at rationally, coming up with a solution to our wild west show should really not be  complicated.  The problem is easy to define and legal solutions within the context of the structure in place should be no brainers.  It's a measure of how deep the divide is and how screwed up we are.  Anybody with basic math skills can. see a significant majority  are ready to legislate and enforce sensible controls.   And yet, even so straightforward a need is mired in a single issue, deadlocked along  party lines .  We've been hijacked and it's very worrisome.  The inmates are running the asylum.  If I had one wish it could easily  be for Rupert Murdock and Newscorp to take a fall from a high ladder, although wasting my wish by not going for  an Evora 430 in my garage might scuttle that.

'17 Evora 400 MT 

831 huge demonstrations going on right now over in the states, and some all over the planet in sympathy. Authorities ecpect over 500,000 Young people at Washington alone ;) Not really seen since the cries against the Vietnam war.  Very positive that the Young Americans can mobilise for this ultra good cause !!!!

Go go go! Use the momentum and get rid of those weapons. Now.

Well done young padowans!

Kind regards,

Jacques

• Gold FFM

I live in Australia, so this is not nearly as important to me as it is to the survivors, families and supporters.

I am however, concerned that with such a big rally, not only in DC, but in many other cities and other parts of the world, that the President would not see fit to be there, even if just observing.

If he is at his golf course in Florida, that just has the appearance of arrogance.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 25/03/2018 at 08:55, Jacques said:

831 huge demonstrations going on right now over in the states, and some all over the planet in sympathy. Authorities ecpect over 500,000 Young people at Washington alone ;) Not really seen since the cries against the Vietnam war.  Very positive that the Young Americans can mobilise for this ultra good cause !!!!

Go go go! Use the momentum and get rid of those weapons. Now.

Well done young padowans!

Kind regards,

Jacques

Hopefully those students will get mobilized at the next elections and support the candidates who want gun laws improved. Even if many of them are too young to vote next time, making a strong presence at campaigns and polling booths etc and encouraging more to go and vote might result in the changes necessary. Like the anti-Vietnam movements of their grandparents they have the potential to bring about change.

DanR

I hoping it will happen at the state level first since the federal government is stalling.  As with businesses that actually know that climate change is a fact (something the current Prez has trouble admitting), many are choosing to be compliant with the original plan and sticking to the Paris accord.

One Northeastern US state is choosing to increase the age to 21, ban bump stocks, increase their background checks and "possibly" ban assault style weapons.  I forget which one but I believe each state will need to go to battle since Trump is spineless when it comes to gun control.  He didn't even acknowledge the March for our Lives march and hid at Mar Lago - wasting again another $2 million of our tax dollars so he can play frickin 18 holes. 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 09:47, DaveC72 said:

What, and I mean seriously, what the actual F@ck?  Can any of our US members validate this? 

In Northwest Indiana for Pheasant hunting - same applies to other game birds and crow.  Appears that machine guns are not prohibited, but "most" will use shot guns if they are professionals.  Please note that the rules are most likely different depending on what state/county you choose to hunt.  I wish machine guns were illegal for hunting in Indiana.  There are specific rules for when/where/time of day and number of birds depending upon species.

There are no equipment or ammunition restrictions for pheasant hunting. A 12- or 20-gauge shotgun loaded with 4- to 6-size shot is recommended. Nontoxic shot is required when hunting pheasant on some DNR properties.

Coatings of copper, nickel, tin, zinc, zinc chloride, zinc chrome, and fluoropolymers on approved non-toxic shot types are allowed. Lead shot plated with copper, nickel or other material does not qualify.

It is illegal to possess shells loaded with anything other than approved non-toxic shot while hunting ducks, geese and coots anywhere in the state.

The use of lead shot for hunting waterfowl was banned nationwide in 1991.

It is illegal to possess lead shot while hunting mourning doves on any state-managed property.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Jacques said:

no to arms washington 24 March 2018.jpg

That's a lot of people. I hope they can keep their momentum. That will be the most discouraging thing for them. If they keep going, but politicians do little in response.

Maybe the difference this time is that it has been initiated by the students.

My hat goes off to them.

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Another mass shooting in Texas.

Hope if anyone we know is close or there, that they and theirs are ok.

I think the American president and the senat should step down and resign. They are unworthy of their elected seats and positions if they as usual don't do anything to stop this crazy shooting. They talk and talk and not much happens. For Chirst sake, let people live and stop spreading weapons. I am sure there are plenty of other problems that the president and the other politicians can do something about, but this needs adressing now.

Very sad news. And more over as it keeps spreading in the USA, one school shooting per month, it also inspires very negatively other Young people in other countries to try and do the same. Even in my own country, there was a Young man now trying to do the same. Fortunately he was arrested before anything happened.

What a strange and absurd way of displaying ones dissatisfaction with anything and Deep disrespect for life.

Jacques

A sad statistic on the USA news - More people killed in schools this years than in the military. 31 vs 13 so far (it's sad I need to use the conditional phrase "so far" since there will be more)

Trump was at a recent NRA function basically partying it up with them.  His idea of arming school teachers is ludicrous (no offense to SpaceBalls the movie or Tesla cars).  The majority of teachers do not want any part in this Looney Tunes scheme (no offense to Warner Brothers either).  With his incompetence and lack of any morals, we will need to wait until he's out of office before any serious change of gun laws can be effective or Congress has the bollocks to move against him.  The good news is more women are going into office.  This should have some positive impact overall. This may eliminate some of the NDAs that narcissist millionaires/billionaires require because they believe that they can legally rape or sexually abuse women.

I hope the rest of the world realizes that Trump has told over 3,000 lies since taking office.  He will not apologize or admit he's wrong no matter what the circumstance.  Under these conditions, the USA and the rest of the world are truly worried about the next stupid move or crazy idea that's next.

I'm truly sorry that USA is setting a bad example for other more civilized countries.  We are no longer civilized since the White House continues to berate people (even ones that are dying of Brain Cancer) and get away with it.  Unlike this administration,  I CAN admit when I'm wrong.  They cannot do this one simple task since it would make them appear weak.

Just because someone's situation is hopeless, doesn't give them the right to destroy others lives.  Why can't they just take themselves out?