free hit
counters
Another college shooting in the USA - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Another college shooting in the USA

• Confused 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Mental Health programs" would only touch those AFTER they popped their cork. And we don't have any mental health care here anymore, anyway. Whom among us has not had an episode, or more, where a gun

It's pretty much split, but non-gun types I believe slightly outnumber second amendment gun types.  What should be the rule of law is their "right" to play with toys should not exceed my right to be f

Ramjet, Yes, you are absolutely correct.  Trump had to waste over $2 million of our tax dollars to golf this weekend rather than be a "REAL" President and support our very brave and intelligent y

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Officially in the states it's no longer a mass shooting unless there is at least 6 dead, What the ferk !!.

Something like three hundred in school shootings in the last 12 months.

• Sad 1

While the numbers of the cruel reality keep popping up, and those are the amounts of ordinary good people killed, the most shocking thing of it all is, that noone seems to be willing to change it.

Another question one must ask oneself is, why? Is the income for nra and those who suck Money out of the consequences of the Laws really enough to sustain thousands of people getting killed every year, and likewise thousands of people getting long years in a prison, when they could have educated themselves instead of taking other peoples lives?

Does it matter if a strange behaving president is acting strange (smiling when people are dieing for example), when thousands of people are dieing every year because of a system of government he supports? When the Whole political system supports bribing through ngo's or gro's?

A question the Americans must ask themselves is, if those elected to represent them, really do so?

Maybe it's about time that the American people stand together and protest in the tens of millions in the streets, the web, the tv, the papers, the radio and end this perverse system of cruelty?

I think you owe it to yourselves and your country. Make America great again, this time just with a positive sign. To me it doesn't matter if it's one or the other political party who have the leadership, if they cannot lead. To lead is not to be egoistic, but to make the Whole nation and it's people be happy and to be able to sustain life in a positive way, and extend that in peacefull cooperation with other countries. That remains to be seen, as it didn't happen under Obama, and surely not under Trump either.

Come on Americans, get over the rough start of the usa with the cruel extermination of the native indians and the slavery, and lay Down your arms. It's a modern society, for Gods sake. Haven't you learned anything since 1800? Is it really worth having Laws that permits the spreading of death amongst ordinary American Citizens? George Armstrong Custer lost. Get over it, move on and be humane.

A frightening example of money being more important than peoples lives. When is enough enough? I have seen small protests here and there on tv, but nothing, and I mean nothing, that resembles the anti-vietnam war protests in numbers. This is not about left wing or right wing. It's about the lives of you sons and daughters for crying out loud. When is enough enough? When will you, you and you act?

I really hope I did not offend anyone and if I did, please accept my appologies therefor.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

I agree with Bibs post that this president can't hold a candle to the previous one, but I met several Americans, from Texas, on a cruise in Alaska with my wife who said that if Obama brought in stricter gun controls, there would be a civil war in the country. They hated him with a vengeance.

We quickly changed the topic and didn't go back to it.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Only people power can change the rules in the US. Although I do believe if this happened there would be many more deaths just as a result of the conflicts at marches. NRA V the general public. They wouldn’t be just mass shootings, they would be massacres. 

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Is the NRA a terrorist organization??? Should it be banned?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/16/opinion/the-nras-complicity-in-terrorism.html

and

https://www.change.org/p/declare-nra-a-supporter-of-domestic-terrorism

DanR

• Gold FFM

I dont know about all their inter politics, but it seems huge amounts of ordinary Americans seem to want to keep the gun law as it is, they dont seem to see reason for change. I agreed with one guy who was interviewed when he said. There is nothing with the current gun law, it's down to the people who abuse it and in this case selling to a guy who obviously had issues.. So if thats their train of thought, how can it ever be changed.

Now for the facts:

- 19 children every single day in the USA are killed or injured by gunshots.

further, 5800 American children are treated for gunwounds every single year. (July 2017). Wounded, traumatized, injured, disabled for life.

Every day.

Every month.

Every year.

- Of 23 high income countries, 91% of all children killed by or wounded by gunshots takes place in usa.

- Scientists who research this field, now don't call it a problem. They call it a discease.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/19/health/child-gun-violence-study/index.html

https://everytownresearch.org/gun-violence-by-the-numbers/

https://www.thetrace.org/2017/07/gun-violence-america-children-kids-facts/

- On average, 50 women are killed by their intimate partner every month in the usa.

- USA's gun homiside number are more than 25 times higher than 25 other high income countries.

- 39% of American parents wrongly believe that their kids don't know where their parents keep the guns.

- Only 14 states in the usa have Laws that demands the adults to keep their guns out of reach for children.

- From 1994 to 2014 there were 180 million applications for buying a firearm in usa. 3 millions were blocked by background checks.

that leaves another 177 millions firearms added to the many which are already out there.

- Every single day more than one American child comits suicide with a gun.

Every single day.

Now can someone please repeat and explain to me, that there is nothing wrong with the laws regulating guns in the usa?

So yes, Laws regulating guns in the usa are not enough. There are much larger problems lurking behind.

kind regards,

jacques

• Like 1

Very happy to see in the national tv news this evening, that the Young Americans are clearly being very demanding, very clear and very honest and mature. Not something that can be said about their leader and nra et al.

Protests coming in all major American cities soon, they said. Let's hope that #MeNext will have a great positive effect.

Kind regards,

jacques

On 2/19/2018 at 06:47, Jacques said:

Now can someone please repeat and explain to me, that there is nothing wrong with the laws regulating guns in the usa?

There's nothing wrong with the gun laws. Just ask any one of the Americans that owns a gun.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

3 hours ago, ramjet said:

There's nothing wrong with the gun laws. Just ask any one of the Americans that owns a gun.

I can see it now. The next neat toy they will want to play with (with their God given 2nd amendment right) is RPG's  (and the NRA and arms mfgs will be all too glad to amp it up)  Follow the money !!! Not so funny how a law written in the days of muskets has been allowed to morph.

Image result for rpg

Edited by comem47
  • Like 1

Bob, its always good to hear the views of an American who isn't obsessed with "protecting their god given rights".....which weren't God given, they were lawyer given by fallible humans who at the time needed guns to protect themselves from a lawless society, wild animals, "Injuns" (though they needed protecting more than the white man) and criminals intent on causing mayhem!

What is the general feeling over there? Has the tide finally turned on the stalemate between numbers who want guns and numbers who don't?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

While the grown up Americans seems to be disabled in their mind and refrain from doing absolutely anything about the extreme gunviolence in the usa, at least 1 female teenager, with a very short hair cut, have the balls to do something about it. And it's spreading.

About time.

Maybe it will inspire grown up American Citizens who are suckers for weapons, to start think.

As I said: about time.

Kind regards,

jacques

So what's the problem if they just change the rules like we did after our big massacre.

No auto or semi auto weapons full stop.  That's it. End of story. 

Law was brought in pretty much the next day with a subsequent gun amnesty to hand in your old guns for money.  People can still legally own all their guns, it's just they'll be single shot.  Hunting - fine, self defence - fine.

It seems so simple.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

1 hour ago, s4simon said:

It seems so simple.

But in the USA the gun mfgs who make money on the toys people wanna play with evoke that 2nd amendment mantra via the NRA (which they interpret as "I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do and just you try to stop me from doing it and I'll be within my rights to shoot you " - or some such variant)  Like I said that amendment needs amending to reflect the 21st, not 18th century. Nobody has the courage to do that (conservative votes at stake) Someday some senator's daughter or son will be in the cross hairs of a nut job who was sane at the time of purchase and maybe then they'll see the insanity.

• Gold FFM

So much easier to control rats and mice with an AK.

The USA are going to have to change - sadly it’ll be another 15-20years away - and by then there will have been hundreds more of these sad tragic events. It needs a generational change - that’s the only way it will tip the balance imho

Only here once

Unfortunately Barry, so long as there is YouTube, kids will watch and think it's real cool to destroy things with an AK, Bad examples are being set and youth is easily manipulated without parental oversight. (and plenty of $$$ motivated adults are all too willing to capitalize on that.

Just saw people on the News in the Whitehouse talking to the President.

And..................

sadly it won't change a thing. Australia was even brought up as an example. 

Trump endorses teachers to carry guns to stop people carrying guns in school. What a fucked up President and anyone who supports this idiotic idea!

Gunfights in the classroom, check, teacher loses his cool? Gun at hand, check. Teacher wants to go on rampage, handy gun? Check. Solve the problem of too many guns by giving civilians more rights to crry guns...check.

Anywhere else a countries leader would get voted out on a no confidence vote. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43149694

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Agreed, but I bet his proposal meets with NRA approval.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.