free hit
counters
Another college shooting in the USA - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Another college shooting in the USA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Mental Health programs" would only touch those AFTER they popped their cork. And we don't have any mental health care here anymore, anyway. Whom among us has not had an episode, or more, where a gun

It's pretty much split, but non-gun types I believe slightly outnumber second amendment gun types.  What should be the rule of law is their "right" to play with toys should not exceed my right to be f

Ramjet, Yes, you are absolutely correct.  Trump had to waste over $2 million of our tax dollars to golf this weekend rather than be a "REAL" President and support our very brave and intelligent y

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Trump endorses teachers to carry guns to stop people carrying guns in school. What a fucked up President and anyone who supports this idiotic idea!

Gunfights in the classroom, check, teacher loses his cool? Gun at hand, check. Teacher wants to go on rampage, handy gun? Check. Solve the problem of too many guns by giving civilians more rights to crry guns...check.

Anywhere else a countries leader would get voted out on a no confidence vote. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43149694

I had heard that as well, but didn't post it as I thought it was just too ludicrous an idea. So now all the teachers would surround the bag guy and let fly and end up shooting each other as well as the bad guy.

I think someone in the room has the sense to say no, that is not the answer.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Agreed, but I bet his proposal meets with NRA approval.

Of course it does . Guess who authored just what to say !!!!   The tail wags the dog here.

Image result for puppet master NRA controlling trump

He's been given so much cash each month from the NRA he doesn't know what to do with it all.

Okay. He's just solved the problem.  The latest Quote from POTAS.

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump suggested teachers could receive bonuses for carrying guns.

His thoughts are: Give the peasants what they want - More guns and free money.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Armed teachers will just move the murderers to other easier locations eg, bus stops, train stations, football fields, fast food places and anywhere else school kids like to gather. Dumb Trump will suggest arming everybody then!

DanR

On 1/4/2016 at 20:44, fmxa said:

What we need is better mental health programs 

I'm late but I'll kick in.  We need a lot more than that, but it would be a good start.  Public health, education, there's so much more it's pointless to list how f'd up our priorities are.  One can understand why so many of us are depressed when one looks at who we've become to the world and to ourselves.  This is the US twist on fear and  greed mixed with incompetence and a horrible election result.  

Before we toss it all though, if anything good has come from this, it's that the spearhead of the opposition this time are the student's in Florida.  It's unique and hopeful because we're going to need the kids to get on board if we hope to  sort this.  

• Like 1

'17 Evora 400 MT 

Like I said, you'll need tens of millions of US Citizens in the streets demonstrating, before the senat and  Dr. Death   Mr. T...p will do anything to ever prevent this from happening again. One of their arguments is, that the majority of the population wants to keep a status quo on weapons - as it is right now. That is pathetic.

Meanwhile, I think a certain person in a very large country in the east, is laughing his face of seeing the usa slowly dissolving, as he use another approach to stay in power and control the population: just let you opponents dissapear mysteriously and then change any law that prevents him from staying in power permanently, combined with an "active foreign policy" enableing the us election processes to sway the way he wants it to. No, it's probably not north korea nor china.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

On 2/16/2018 at 19:00, ramjet said:

Wasn't there a sheriff who went quite public and said that if Obama had brought in any sort of gun control. further to the 'strict' rules there are now, that he would in no way support it?

I found it. Wasn't too hard. It was Sheriff Mike Lewis. He was very outspoken about what would happen if Obama tried anything.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Right or wrong, the harsh reality is nothing is going to change due to the silent majority not wanting change.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

The sick thing is that the silent majority isn't even the majority.  We've lost our mojo if indeed we've ever had it.  Strict constitutionalists are only strict when it comes to the laws they want and agree with.  All others, including those who abide by the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness can get in line behind the second amendment. One can easily believe that the rise and fall of empires is now governed by a stricter clock that makes the American Century only 50 odd years long: between 1945 and 2000.  It makes one want to tear one's hair out.  The orange fool is presiding over the last gasp of American moral hegemony...if we even ever had moral hegemony which is a dubious concept when applied to our history.  

I'm ready for a nice bungalow in the Cotswolds, or maybe even a little spread in Province or Umbria.  I'd bring the immediate family including the dog and the cat and of course the Lotus and the Ducati. Maybe my much beloved stereo and Steve Martin;'s ashtray and just hope for the best for those left behind.  Until then, I'll vote a straight Democratic ticket and hope for the best.  Damm, this situation.  

'17 Evora 400 MT 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yet gun sales typically go up after mass shootings (go figure) ...

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/local/2018/02/21/increasing-ar-15-sales-lee-county-typical-after-high-profile-mass-shootings/360300002/

The only true solution is to take away everyones weapons, but that simply isn't going to happen with the 2nd amendment "gun culture" over here (right or wrong).

It's a sad world we live in when we accept these actions as normal.

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

At least small steps that are new to me at least, are happening. This time the Young ones, the NeXT generation of voters, one might say, are Stepping up as the adults does not seem to be able to get their behind out of the sofa, or off the shooting range. And moreover other small steps of change is also on the rise, as for example Herts, and more now publically announced, that they are Stepping Down from working together with the nra.

That's more like it. Hit them on the one thing they understand: the wallet.

On a sad note, the lunatics now shouting that this school shooting was all fake, and publically supported by a certain person with a strange hair cut, working at the White house, as he publically names infowars leader as a fantastic guy, should go visit the graves of the dead. I at least, would like the ambulance people and other involved persons, to come forward ion national tv, and say that there indeed were people shot dead, and it's not a fake Theater.

While there may sometimes be a need for an undelyeing "press" to shout out various problems, they must also have some sort of common sense, so tha others may take them seriously.

Even if we say for a moment, that the schoolkids protesting were not school kids, but traveling actors hired by the anti gun left wing, I cannot see much difference in what the nra et al are doing. Sick.

Come on, how low can you go? Disgusting.

Are our children just disposable Waste that we can throw in the gutter when there's no more need for them and they have fullfilled our personal need to raise ourselves above (read: below) any moral and sanity? I think not, but "assault-rifle-to-everyone-lovers" are pretty close to displaying that. Do pwople lover their warchest more than their own Family? Hmm.

I am sorry to say, but it should be made clear just in cse someone did not understand it, but not supporting killing people in the streets, is not a sign of extreme left wing policy. It's just sane moral and belief in God. Hmm... where may all the American believers in God be in al this? Maybe someone American can shed a bit of light on this?

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

As for the deputy who was scared and didn't go confront the murderer, can't blame him. Not when he's got what, a tiny pistol against somebody well in the zone, ready and shooting with the best of military killing weapons. Who would? Not Wayne LaPierre, Trump or the deputy's boss  Scott Israel I bet. Heros after the event those guys... meh.

DanR

• Gold FFM

Was listening to Jonny Vaughan on the way back from the airport yesterday and he came up with an interesting theory.

So the 2nd Amendment and The Right To Bare Arms, thats fine but if you want a gun then you have to be ready at a moments notice to go anywhere in the world to fight for your country at a moments notice. 

• Like 1

First of all, thank you ALL for discussing this terrible event with great passion. 

A reporter from the Hill just this morning wanted to nominate the Parkland Florida kids for a Noble Peace Prize.  I have to say that The Shaved Head Girl is my hero.  Those kids have restored my faith in Millennials. 

This movement inspired by the survivors (again these are heroes) could have the potential to affect the NRA.  Notice that I refer to the NRA and NOT the 2nd amendment.  As an American, we are not trying to deny 2nd amendment rights.  You’re still going to get your gun, BUT after you’ve been thoroughly vetted to own and operate a gun/rifle.  IF you fail the vetting process (which needs to be updated), then no weapons for that person.  Additionally, any felon or domestic abuser cannot have a gun.

Here are some reasonable things to consider for proper vetting:

• Minimum Age 21 to purchase firearms.

• Ban/Outlaw bump stocks.

• Increased and updated background checks.

• 10 day waiting period for all new purchases.

• Red Flag owners with 10 or more guns.

These items are not denying gun owners their toys.  The Toy Gun owners group exists only to shoot weapons.  They get that rush and they enjoy it.  These groups can be professional.  However, some members can have different points of view that give these professional owners a tarnished perception.

There’s a good reason owning weapons for farmers to protect stock from coyotes.

Hunters also have good reason to own weapons.  Hopefully, these are hunters that kill to eat.  Not kill for thrill or kill to torture.

Of course, then there are the professions that require a weapon:  armed guards, military, police, FBI, etc.  This group could have a different vetting process because their position requires it.  However, their Agency would be responsible for supplying weapons.  Any additional weapons (not required by their jobs) would require the standard vetting process.

With all this said, there’s no real reason to have an Assault Styled/Functioning weapons except for Military and Swat organizations.  I do not agree with the public’s ability to own these types of weapons.  These are the “exotic” weapons and only a select group of individuals should be able to possess them.  These weapons are designed for one thing and one thing only – killing people.  You don’t need an AR-15 to hunt. 

You’ll notice that I left off banning assault style weapons from my reasonable vetting list.  Unfortunately, this gets back to the NRA.  They are an exceptionally powerful organization.  The good news is that many large corporations (United, Delta, Hertz, Enterprise and more) are disassociating themselves from the NRA.  The way to make anyone hurt and have them notice is money.  The more money you take away the less power they possess.  I can only hope companies continue to follow their lead.

I applaud the countries who have banned firearms such as the UK.  I wish we could be that way and arming teachers is not the way.  They have already started ARMMEWITH group and it’s not weapons they want to use.

• Thanks 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

The biggest problem is many in Congress receive lobby money from the NRA. Total conflict of interest since only congress can change the laws . Lobbying should be illegal and  congressmen/women should vote representing the interests of their constituents, not for their person financial gain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/nra-donations/?utm_term=.c264f88207e7

• Thanks 1
  • Gold FFM

Bill i have spent many times in the US and love it I even got married there. ( in fact flew back yesterday) But something has to happen. If you want a shotgun ( I believe you can’t have an automatic weapon) over here the checks are beyond belief they also have to be locked in a secure cabinet. 

We now have a lot of armed police and I am fine with that, in fact I know one and the training they have to go through is unbelievable. I also bump into a few nutters a week in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds I don’t want a gun in my house, ever. Why do I ever need a gun apart from on the range. 

I only need one if someone is going to attack my family and that is unlikely here and could I shoot someone, I doubt it it.  I did shoot  the neighbours shed windows out with a 2.2 air rifle when I was 13 and got the biggest bollocking of my life and the old man cut it in half that day. 

I live in hope of your youngsters, no one needs a gun 

• Like 1

I had not seen the footage with the girl with the shaved head. Good on her and the movement. I hope they can exact some sort of change. They do seem pretty determined.

I am not sue what Bibs posted up there in his post, but I just get a big blank.

I don't have a gun. Never have wanted one. My brother bought a pistol years ago that he uses at a range only. I am not even sure if he still owns it. Never asked.