free hit
counters
Another college shooting in the USA - Page 6 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Another college shooting in the USA

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I see there’s numerous Go Fund Me pages related to errrr. Erasing said person. Ha. Funny. 

There’s one for ‘ let’s get potas a purple heart’. And a few dark web pages for straight up erasure. 

The CIA must be having a great time reading / funding these pages. :-)

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Maybe cos he supports the NRA, would have dived headlong into a foray with a pistol against a guy armed with an automatic weapon and more than half the people that might be able to get him impeached are probably NRA puppets as well.

But hey, I could be completely wrong again. It has been known to happen.

I remember a time back when I was seven......................

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I am not thrilled with our current administration one bit.  It's interesting that impeachment or the JFK thing hasn't happened due to his absolutely bizarre behavior.  I was born after the JFK incident, but no President before him in my memory has tossed out the garbage he speaks of in either social media or press conferences.  I would rather see him jailed for sexual assault and his money stripped.  As part of his sentence, he needs to read everyday all the lies he told which I believe now are in the hundreds officially - thousands unofficially.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Has he got in because he was the best candidate? Mind you, I would not have voted for Hillary either. Did he get in by mostly playing on peoples fear, or by default because not that many people voted?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

He got in because even though Hillary C won the popular vote  by more than 2.9 million votes across the US(didn't want her either) there is this way of muddying things called the  Electoral College where some states have more weight than others and the college members are supposed to cast all their states' college votes according to who won their state  (but they don't have to).

I say get rid of the electoral college and lobbyists while they are at it. Then it's straight out how the public across the collective US votes.

Image result for electoral college vote map

Edited by comem47
attached wrong map first time

Ramjet here's are my answers:  Best candidate - no.  I wanted Bernie Sanders and was saddened when Hillary won.  I have no issues with a woman President, just that there were better choices than her.  Trump played on FEAR primarily.  He has split the country so much that you may as well replace United with Divided States of America.  It really saddens me when he opens his mouth and I think oh God what's he going to say now.  I'm thinking some people didn't vote.  BUT I truly believe the Russians intentionally interfered with no real agenda except to split parties and create more hate groups.  A job well done by them which our current President can't fathom.  His ego is so large that it is incomprehensible that he could have lost the election.  He consistently enjoys stating he won.  He doesn't want to admit that he had help either directly or indirectly from Russian's interference or the James Comey investigation of her emails.  Many of us can admit we are wrong.  It's not easy to do, but with narcissistic megalomaniacs like him it's practically impossible. 

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

Okay the way i see it is that you get rid of the fat man , get rid of the electoral college   And the nra and put in a female black president. Would the USA then be a happier place.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

• Gold FFM

To our American friends, off topic but out of interest whatever happened to “The Wall” 

also just coming back from the US and I have spent many times there, this is the only time I have ever felt uncomfortable approaching politics with you guys so I didn’t. 

I still to have meet one person over here who has a good word to say about him me included. Maybe I will be shot down in flames but he really, really needs to go. I mean what the f&*k is the supposedly most powerful man in the world doing on Twitter. 

Well, that is perhaps an overview of the beginning ploy, however, 300 million guns, racists, white supremacists and neo-nazis, profit above all else and all other's welfare, corporate insensitivity to planet welfare, etc. etc. etc. Oz had similar issues I am sure and some of them have been successfully handled well, however we have bigger issues which I fear will make this country worse much than it is currently and as long as our officials are constantly lying to us is tolerated and not punished severely, there will be no happier place. We are not alone though. Just bigger, wealthier, and dumber than most. Not sure if MSNBC or CNN overseas covers the same material we see here but deserves a look to confirm my statements. BBC does cover some but not sure if the material is the same as here as well. We ARE in trouble and everyday brings further shit that 30 years ago would have brought immediate imprisonment yet here we sit, thumbs up are butts. One MORON's finger away from Hell.

To the comment from Dan E, no flames from me. Our election (system) is bought by money (see comment above), not actual citizenry voting and that also needs to change - the elimination of the Electoral College. Never gonna happen. Yes, POS needs to go ASAP, but the replacement, if removed by impeachment, is a "God's Law above all other law" bucket of shit and that too is problematic to many. The Wall, if built, will be paid for by US citizen taxes, of course. Only morons believed otherwise.

• Like 1

In the words of Sun Tzu (The Art of War) know your enemy...

https://home.nra.org/

One of the NRA's recent blurbs is that the founding fathers wrote the 2nd in full anticipation of today's modern weapons like the AR15. Yeah right, (like thinking of a Jedi's mind control or Darth's sabre being covered too).

DanR

One small light in a sea of darkness> The CEO of Dick's sporting goods said all their stores with stop selling assault rifles immediately and for other guns the purchaser must now be 21 instead of 18.  A great step for them,  but leaving it voluntary lets the NRA slip out of it legally.  I'll keep looking to Dicks for my camping gear and winter coats, etc.    No it won't completely stop the massacres, but every step taken to save a life is worth it (the NRA likes to say since you won't stop it all it's not worth doing)

2thumbsup.gif.bbcf03d86c4ca490fbeb0a7486497e07.gif

Image result for thumbs up for dicks

Edited by comem47
  • Like 1

Hope Hicks (the 4th communication's director) resigns after 9 hours of testimony yesterday to the Robert Mueller investigation.  I think that's at least 15 people that have resigned since "The Don" took office.  Mueller's going after Trump since he was attempting to put a Trump property in Moscow before the election.  A U.S. representative mentioned that Trump has attacked Mexico, North Korea, Canada, UK, etc. - but NOT Russia.  He won't even tell the NSA director to stop the Russian meddling that over 17 intelligence agencies  have detected.

I applaud Dick's Sporting's Goods.  700 retailers immediately removing assault type weapons, high capacity magazines and changing age to 21 to purchase rifles.  This is action and sends a message to the NRA! Something our government is all to unfamiliar with for a long time.  The NRA has stopped all gun control/reforms in the past, but that doesn't stop this retailer.  Remington is filling for bankruptcy.  While I'm not happy that people lose their jobs, it shows a sign of the times.  The last mass shooting gun sales spiked.  So this time gun manufacturers made more inventory to anticipate more sales since they didn't have enough.  That didn't happen this time.  The AR-15s are selling at %50 off due to oversupply.  I'm thinking if a responsible gun owner is smart, they'll avoid this purchase to keep themselves out of the national news.

One more thing...STOP using Air Force One to go to Mar Lago.  This cost us over $2 million each time it goes to Florida.  Air Force One is for official business only - not a personal play toy for golfing.  He needs to use his "own" Trump jet or fly economy class like the rest of the world. 

Wait for this.

News this morning. Another shooting in a school in the good ol' US of A.

No casualties thankfully.

The shooter? Go on. Have a guess.

A teacher.

Click here if you need to. I wonder how they will 'spin' this one?

Regarding Twitter, why doesn't his press secretary suggest that it is maybe not a good idea?

Trump now telling republicans not to be scared of the NRA and that he wants toghter gun control. Whilst I partially agree with anything that reduces innocent deaths the news reported that the Republicans all looked stunned and confused. This guy has more changes of mind than a fat bloke at a buffet!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43235969

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

A Pennsylvania couple renewing wedding vows has several AR-15s in church.  The insensitivity is horrific and beyond insulting to the Parkland students and staff.  There's only one word for this - Incompetence.  The whole state of Pennsylvania should be ashamed for this shining example of extreme stupidity.

Edited by bogle

The NRA always want to say eliminating a gun won't solve the problem. In the case of the teacher who went nuts, he obviously was sane enough to get the gun at one time, but everyone can have a really bad hair day eventually in their lives and having a gun readily at hand is too tempting to take action without thinking it out (especially when this guy is supposed to protect children. Before, the worst he could do is throw a blackboard eraser at the kids. I've heard of numerous cases where a gun is fired during a road rage incident. MORE guns is NOT the answer !!!

I hope the NRA does respond to the Pennsylvania couples' stupidity.  If they support them, then that will cause more big corporations to pull out and continue the pressure on others to do the same.  It would be smart for them to stay as far away from them as possible from this event to avoid pissing off more people/businesses/corporations and any intelligent species on the planet.

Hey Jacques,

Yep, it's happening again.  It's about 250 miles from my house.  The bad news - NRA met with Trump yesterday and he's apparently caved to the NRA.  Delta will be charged $38 million in taxes due to some legislation that a NRA friendly governor will sign.  It's sad because Delta employees a lot of people in Atlanta.  This is NRA backlash on a very large company.  Well see what else and who else they go after in the next few weeks I'm sure.

The good news:  REI, L.L. Bean and Kroger have joined the bandwagon like Dick's sporting goods and Walmart did. 

The weird news:  In Las Vegas a billboard was vandalized.  They added the word School Kids.  So now this Military weapons firing range reads "Shot a School Kid only $29".  Definitely makes a point and keeps the memory of Parkland fresh in people's minds. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/01/us/battlefield-las-vegas-billboard-vandalized-trnd/index.html

What on Earth is going on over there? I mean, come on; what is really going on?

Why does so many people go crazy with weapons? 

One thing is the weird and grotesque situation in a huge country like the US, where it seems to be the law, that anyone over 1 year old can legally go buy or freely aquire a heavy firearm, but if they all went home and locked them in huge box, never to sue them, that is one thing.

But the absurd this is, that the American people does not seem to understand that they shouldn't use all these millions of firearms. In stead they do exactly that: whenever they get frustrated, they take one of their many firearms, and go shoot as many people as possible.

I am asking what is the real cause of this ultra sick behaviour? 

Is it something in the water?

Is it something in the genes that have apparently changed away from the rest of the Worlds population?

Is it a secret brainwave being broardcasted in the air, brainwashing all citizens?

Is it the moneytary system, which favourises anyone who cheat everyone, an dan dmakes everyone bo crazy in envy?

Is it possibly the grotesque political system which apparently had been stolen from the population and misused by a small elite group of greedy people, who act like they were reptiles: opportunistic and killing?

Is it maybe the effects of these two last reasons that create a frustration that the American people cannot or are not allowed to express, therefore reaching out for the latest and greatest in killing?

Good grief, I wouldn't want to live there.

People like Donald trump and his associates (meaning all like him in history), the mob-mentality, the false expression and telling of lies to the general public like "the land of the free", " make your dream come true", "create you own happiness" etc, have created a huge diversion between the proclaimed conditions and possibilites on one hand, and the real life, the truth, on the other. What America lives through now, is the cause and effect, the naked reality of the consequences of their earlier choices and all of the manipulation and cheating, fraud etc, that have been going on since the civil war.

What must now happen, is a rare chance of choice. Either you as US citizens can choose to go ahead and continue the way and shape of all things like the present state of things, and like lemmings jump out from the cliff into the abyss of civil war and destruction, or you can do as you talk, want or think, and take matters into your own hand, by demonstrating, writing, telling, choosing, something else, all in the name of a different future, one that should be a lesson learned from these past few hundreds of years, and create a real land of the free, where  people are happy, and help each other rather than their own wallet.

Of course this cause and effect also exists other places in the world. Just take a look at for example the east and russia too, where opposite extreme ideas have caused a similar depletion of human behaviour, a complete suppression of mind and body, to the extreme illness of it's populations. So that didn't work either. Until you as individuals and as a people, as a nation stand together and act together as one body, and really want a better place and better life, there will be no difference to the current situation, except from a slow and painful escalation to the grief of millions of Americans.

This of course cannot happen on the basis of the same historic way as it already have a few times: violence. If one system is being replaced with another system with violence, the accumulated frustration and memory will be too much to be suppressed, and in there lies the whole problem. Violence and violence seen as a solution to exchange a violent defunct system. Therefore other measures must be used. Yes, there is a chance that it will be along and hard road full of fractions of said method, but there is a chance for something better, if you as individuals and as a people start thinking and walk your talk.

Very sorry to write all this, but it seems there's no end to the mindless zombie-like bahaviour of people wanting to have a "head shot", "killing spree" and what not. The are unhappy, they are frustrated and they are brainwashed. So with their limited boundaries of thinking, their rationale is go kill something, go kill someone unknown, go kill someone they are acquainted with, go kill a president as we have seen earlier, go cheat as much as you can before you die, jsut to express their unhappiness, as they see no other way.

That is, my friends, a very very serious state of the nation.

All the best,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Jacques,

Great points. 

You have every right to express how you feel.  It's good to hear from Europe and Australia about how your continents view our situation.  These isolated incidents of violence are growing due to lack of opportunities, education, apathy, job automation and job obsolescence .  It's doesn't help that Russia has meddled into our election system and split/polarized parties as well increased hate groups. 

Here's my theory to provide a fix and keep in mind I'm no genius.

I'm not a politician, but it fairly easy to see that money and power are the root of many of today's issue.  The middle class pays for almost all the taxes while the upper class finds tax loopholes.  The ultra rich hide their money offshore and own nearly 40% of the stock market.

Until we tax the Billionaires their "fair" share, we won't be able to pay for basics such as infrastructure and health care.  The good thing is that "some" millionaires want to be taxed more.  They didn't need the corporate tax cut which will increase our national debt by $1.5 trillion dollars.  If we could flip back to tax cut, tax the millionaires (not anything too greedy, yet reasonable),  we could pave the way to recovery.

There is a point where it's obscene to have billions when so many have nothing.  If we could get these ultra rich to give up one of their $10 to $50 million play toys (Corporate jet, Malibu house, Yacht, Picasso, etc.) by paying more taxes, we could pull the US out of debt.  The same goes for mega rich (those making from $50 to $250 million a year).  They give up a lesser play toy in the range $500k to $1 million to taxes.  The middle class is already paying their fair share since the amount of loopholes available are very limited.

We take an insignificant amount from the rich (it's similar to us paying a speeding ticket) and give to the economy.  I know we are at the lowest unemployment in history but that's because people are taking lesser jobs since their unemployment ran out.  The older generation is being replaced by younger people since paying fair wages and benefits for experienced workers is too much for some companies.  It makes complete business sense, but what happens is the 50 plus generation are left taking lesser paying jobs because companies can pay less wages/benefits and make more profit. 

IF this money goes back into the economy, then it opens up more opportunities for everyone - not just the rich. 

A healthier economy reduces the need for weapons, particularly automatic and semi automatic types.  If the general population could have a descent place to live, transportation and can eat 3 descent meals a day that shouldn't be too much to ask.  They would also need 2 vacations a year. 

I'm probably thinking more Utopian than realistic, but I grow tired of Billionaires in politics.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to think the explanation can be the John Carpenter movie "They Live". We get this way in the US watching too much TV and are brainwashed by the special subliminal scan rate!!!

• Haha 1

The NRA is a tiny bit on the retireing course, Mr. Trump have only 1 person from the early days of his election campaign left, and there is a huge investigation on it's way and which slowly unfolds, and it seems as if the General Atourney and two below him, are sticking together defending themselves against Mr. Trumps attacks. The police are being critizised, the republican heartblood of lesser tax on Trading seems to be worked against by Mr. Trump, and that cannot raise many hurrays.  And it seems it's not going to be pretty. An his son in law Jared has been downgraded to "secret", not "Top Secret". Where Jared and his wife was represented and spoken about as an asset around New Years Eve, they now seem to be aliability for Trump. I spoke to a friend today, WHO told me he had never seen trumps tv-sow, where he sacks some people. His expression was: "I am disgusted to see such programmes being made". So what I am referring to, is a large part of entertainment industry, which seems to be promoting missery, lack of jobs, murder, police violence, fear of other nations and so on and so forth.

But all of this is only like throwing a very small dice, for as you say, poverty, bread, Work and security are some of the real issues. We see many of the same aspects other Places, like for example in my own country, not to mention many Eutopean countries, where people are taking a huge hit in comparison. But coupled together with the absurd finance policy the US have had since many decades and the likewise absurd mentality to weapons, it makes up for a smoking gun amongst the people, WHO react with killing others or suicide. The last matter is also seen in some of the former russian or partly russian controlled countries which were liberated in 1989 or there about, where more and more people sell their home and move together, because they cannot pay the bills, the rent and the basic food and heat. They simply write a farewell letter, and commit suicide. Terrible! Example given is heating a home, where the wages are so small, that the central heating cannot be paid, so is closed off. Living in minus 10-30 deg. cel. is of course pretty impossible without heating, so they turn on the gas on the Stowe, and warm up a bit with that. The it smells and the window is opened, and a draft blows out the fire, while gas is still dupplied, and poisen Whole families to deatg. It happens all over East europe and russia.

I am putting my hope with the Young generation, as they havent been the most active voters in the US for many years, so if and when they see a good cause, the Financial system, the nra and the ultra rich avoiding giving anything back to society, may start trembeling.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)