Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Le Mans Classic 2016 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Le Mans Classic 2016

theelanman

http://www.lemansclassic.com/en/

Ive been going to this event since it sort of started back in 2002.......and then properly started in 2004

I do enjoy it and wondered if there were any others planning on going?

:driving:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow - looks nice and will see if I can get SWMBO to agree to a holiday to coincide with this. Will be a nice drive down there in the Evora :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Ann & I will be going again. We have been going since 2006. Probably take the excel as it can take more junk on holiday.

Camping is not my thing so we will be looking to book an hotel as close as possible. A tip, the track laps from Club Lotus are well worth it as you will get at least 3 full laps in.

Prior to that we will be running down to watch the Historic Monaco GP. in May, another event that we wouldn't miss. We will be planning a route down there over a few days so if anyone wants to know where to stay and a scenic route let us know and we will list our route and stops. We will then be travelling on to Italy for the Mille Miglia, staying on the shores of Lake Garda and taking a train into Brescia to watch the start and possibly the finish.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Been to the 24 hour twice and the last 2 Le Mans Classics - will be going again next year. Camped on all occasions. Always a great weekend.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I still love this pic I took on the ferry over. Even the journey there is an event. 2CE3F816-FB54-43B1-8788-6394D7777122.jpg

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Even the journey there is an event. 

yup......certainly is.......

we have a couple of stories........usually involves a broken car......a dozen bloke....a spanner and a load of cable ties......

:stuart:

Edited by theelanman

:lol:

I think Ford are doing something for this to celebrate the GT40, my bro has invited me to join him and his reeeediculous 800bhp Ford GT.

So that will probably be a yes then.

Jonny

does he have a real one....or a new one?.....or the new new one?......

think it was about 2008 when Ardian Newey took his GT40 (the actual 24hr winning car) racing at LMC......fell off on the warm up.....then corners 2,3 6,9,11,12,15.....finally totalling it about 2/3rds of the way round the track.......it came back on a truck......there was about half a body panel and a couple of wheels.......

what a mess.........but I bet its like triggers broom.......its had 14 new heads and 11 new handles but its still the same brush........

all you need is an ID plate........:P

cheers

G

• Like 1

It's not a GT40, it's the 2006 Ford GT (V8 supercharged) but his has been modified to 800bhp (far too slow with 550bhp clearly!).

It is now murderously fast as you might imagine!

Great car though, steers very sweetly which is very surprising for an American muscle car. I was convinced that Lotus had a hand in its development but apparently 'not much' according to a well known senior figure at Lotus.

And the journey back! 

post-1-0-42706700-1396275176.png

Bibs demonstrating that Entente Cordiale is still alive and well, as he attempts to bolster Anglo-French relationships still further, by donating generously to the local Gendarmarie's Christmas Piss-Up Fund.

Margate Exotics.

I always think of that as the 'new' one........:)

I wonder if your hearing will be in tact after the trip...or does it come with headphones......

lol........I bet its chuffin loud.......:on2long:

Bibs demonstrating that Entente Cordiale is still alive and well, as he attempts to bolster Anglo-French relationships still further, by donating generously to the local Gendarmarie's Christmas Piss-Up Fund.

Sadly, I was very generous too! 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Oh, I thought they were the CEO's out riders, clearing the road ahead for you and you were just checking they had the right route!

Silly me ;)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• 2 weeks later...

We will be going with quite a gang next year and will be the Esprit's maiden voyage to The Classic (and one of the main reasons I bought it). It is such a laugh, but I'm interested in where Lotus owners camp?

We tried the Porsche Curves (Lycian Events) this year at the regular Le Mans, but it was full of Porsche owners (+1 Esprit). Otherwise great, if a little far from the main grandstands. We normally rough it parking Bleu which is getting pretty rowdy now, which is good and bad but the "facilities" are awful.

Normally we come back exhausted, but I thought you'd like to see a photo of a friends Elan 2+2 I borrowed that came back exhaustless....

563378e6ef417_LotusElan22sansexhaust.JPG

• Gold FFM

^Take the GTE Gav!! 

I'm also booked with Travel Destinations and we are going out Portsmouth Le Harve on 7th July at 23.15pm. 7 of us going. 1 Elise, 1 M100, 1 MGB and 1 Merc. Camping at Maison Blanche same as previous visits.

• 2 weeks later...

ferry booked, camping booked (Houx/Houx annex.......now called region verte) tickets book........

just gotta get myself there now..!!!!

its gonna seem like a long way away