free hit
counters
CAI AND EXHAUST - Page 3 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

My car had an ECU update at the last service in September, I think there has been another update  since too so might be worth checking.

I have noticed since the update that the car doesn't seem to catch as quickly on cold start up as it did. But does run more smoothly. 

Just fitted the SSC induction kit this afternoon, let it idle for ten minutes and then creamed my undies haha.

Sounds great, but not taken it for a run yet as the car is SORN at the moment. No MIL lights either so fingers crossed . 

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now the snow has melted and ive had a morning off work i finally had time to take the car for a proper run. The sound is unreal. The combination of the Larini back box and the SSC Induction turn

A parcel from Australia has arrived for me at home today and it just so happens I have tomorrow booked off work anyway. Hmmm maybe my engine bay will be a little lighter and a little more noisy tomorr

As per a past post I think you do have some coincidental problems occurring. That said I can completely relate to when things go wrong with your pride and joy how frustrating things can get... So i've

Posted Images

It certainly sounds like the SSC CAIs are performing well up to now anyway. I'm looking forward to some more teasers from you guys who have them fitted in the coming days/weeks...

I've held off on buying one so far, but think the temptation is too strong!! Haha. 

On 12 January 2016 at 19:08, Dewarcraig said:

Amazing Crouchy. Looks the biz! I can't wait to hear more about it when you get out with it again. 

Think I'll have to place my order asap now too! My Larini just arrived today too - good times!! 

Did you purchase the "revised" Larini exhaust? Or the existing version?

Strange , when I made my intake it didn't have the air diffusor and when I tested it air fuel was very unstable when cruising or little throttle  a/f jumped between 10.5 and 13, so I added an air diffusor and a/f values were perfect (I have an aem air fuel gauge and I also have a gauge connected to the obd port wich shows commanded air fuel values) I also tested the Lotus carbon intake (also without air diffusor) and a/f was also very unstable so I'm curious about the a/f values with the SSC intake. I'm planning on installing my selfmade intake again and let it idle for about 10 minutes before driving,because the only trouble I had with mine was a little rough start for about 10 seconds so I hope the 10 minutes idle will solve this...I used the BMC filter but I ordered the Apexi super intake filter,it's a dry filter and was tested as best on the market..

Hi Dirk

I don't know anything about the technical stuff :blush: , but I did let the car idle for ten minutes as per the instructions after fitting.

The idle was very steady, not lumpy at all. Also started fine and with no issues or increase in idle speed.

I have not taken it for a blast out either, and that won't be until 1st March.

I will still get it checked out though to make sure everything is okay. 

14 hours ago, Edison Ngu said:

Did you purchase the "revised" Larini exhaust? Or the existing version?

I bought it used, but it's pretty new so I'm not sure which version it is actually. I've uploaded a picture of it to let you see. 

What are the differences in the updated design? 

675242-800x600.jpg

Just thought I would let you know that I have received this morning from TNT the import duty invoice. It has arrived a couple of weeks after delivery of the CAI kit, for the sum of £75.42.

Made up of £57.42 net non vatable, net vatable £15.00 and vat @20% £3.00 Total £75.42.

That is on top of the $495.00 Australian Dollars for the CAI kit.

Still far cheaper than the Lotus one. :) 

Thanks for letting us know Peter. I guess that makes this CAI pretty expensive now that it's $580 Aus Dollars which is £285 plus the import duty of £75 = £360 in total! 

On the plus side I got my Larini valved exhaust on today and I'm pleased as punch with it. It sounds amazing and actually better than I thought it would from the YouTube clips I'd seen. Result!

@dixie v6 the ball is back in your court to fine tune your set up for us all to copy :P

Edited by Dewarcraig
9 hours ago, Dewarcraig said:

Thanks for letting us know Peter. I guess that makes this CAI pretty expensive now that it's $580 Aus Dollars which is £285 plus the import duty of £75 = £360 in total! 

On the plus side I got my Larini valved exhaust on today and I'm pleased as punch with it. It sounds amazing and actually better than I thought it would from the YouTube clips I'd seen. Result!

@dixie v6 the ball is back in your court to fine tune your set up for us all to copy :P

No problem Craig :)

I am still happy with the price to be fair, as I would only have been happy  to fit the Lotus Sport one which was far too expensive.:o Hence buying the SSC one, which is a nice piece of kit B-)  

Which Larini did you get, as I see they now do one called a V2.

I am just waiting for my 2bular Track zorst and then this years upgrading is complete, apart from upgrading my driver capabilities :blush:  

10 hours ago, Dewarcraig said:

Within this and 10 days I will put my intake back and let it idle for 10 minutes (or longer) this should be the solution I think because it's exactly the same as the SSC one exept the air diffuser.

@Fortis I've got the original Larini valved exhaust. It really does sound lovely. I hadn't heard one in the flesh/metal, but I'm very pleased. There is a large difference between the valve being open and closed and open is soooo addictive. Not sure if I'll breach any track noise limits, but I guess there's only one way to find out... 

I heard a valved 2bular on an NA Evora and after that I needed to get myself a new exhaust. Lovely indeed, I'm sure you will be very pleased.

@dixie v6 yeah that sounds like a good plan and hopefully successful :) . If not then the logical next step may be to ask a kind person to take some measurements from the SSC one. You know, all in the spirit of flow science and knowledge of course! 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dixie v6 said:

I mounted my selfmade intake again , let it idle for 10 minutes and works fine now, so it's important to let the ecu learn the new intake..

Glad it now works dixie, we know some crap on this forum :lol:

Great news @dixie v6!! So all your AFRs are looking better now?

Are you claiming victory or still thinking that the performance of the Dixie Racing Ram Air Kit remains to be seen given that it took a few weeks for your issues to surface last time around?

Please keep us up to date. I for one would like to go down a similar route as you if successful :)

AFR was only to lean at start up wich caused check engine light, when driving A/F was always perfect, but now at start up A/F is perfect at 14.7/1 so the 10 min. of idle did the job ,would have been surprised if it wasn't because my intake has the same inner diameter as the SSC intake, only difference is the air diffuser I have and the SSC doesn't , I tested the Oem carbon Lotus intake and mine without the air diffuser and A/F was jumping between 10 and 12 while cruising but adding the air diffuser keeps the A/F stable at cruising speeds...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1 January 2016 at 15:11, Fortis said:

SSC induction kit ordered and 2bular track exhaust due at the end of January.

Looking forward to getting these fitted before Anglesey t/d. Plus need to get a front tow eye bought and fitted B-)

Fortis

Do you have a video of showing sound of your setup please. I am interested in the exhaust and the Induction Kit. Until reading this post I was not aware of the SSC induction kit and was seriously debating the Komotec induction and EX370 but by time i add everything up its over £1000 more than simply getting the SSC induction kit which as far as i can tell is the same as the lotus Motorsport setup (apart from not carbon - someone please correct me if wrong). 

Cheers

• Gold FFM

Google, type in "SSC Induction Lotus" and you get this:

http://www.simplysportscars.com/shop/induction/100100-induction-kit

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!