free hit
counters
CAI AND EXHAUST - Page 4 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2 hours ago, RedViper said:

Fortis

Do you have a video of showing sound of your setup please. I am interested in the exhaust and the Induction Kit. Until reading this post I was not aware of the SSC induction kit and was seriously debating the Komotec induction and EX370 but by time i add everything up its over £1000 more than simply getting the SSC induction kit which as far as i can tell is the same as the lotus Motorsport setup (apart from not carbon - someone please correct me if wrong). 

Cheers

Hi Chris

Sorry no video as yet as I am still waiting for the 2bular track exhaust.

Due now at the end of this month, I am hoping that the wait is worth it. But I will be very disappointed if I don't receive it before the first T/D of the year.

I am really pleased with the SSC induction kit and hoping the 2bular will be the icing on the cake B-)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now the snow has melted and ive had a morning off work i finally had time to take the car for a proper run. The sound is unreal. The combination of the Larini back box and the SSC Induction turn

A parcel from Australia has arrived for me at home today and it just so happens I have tomorrow booked off work anyway. Hmmm maybe my engine bay will be a little lighter and a little more noisy tomorr

As per a past post I think you do have some coincidental problems occurring. That said I can completely relate to when things go wrong with your pride and joy how frustrating things can get... So i've

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Fortis said:

Hi Chris

Sorry no video as yet as I am still waiting for the 2bular track exhaust.

Due now at the end of this month, I am hoping that the wait is worth it. But I will be very disappointed if I don't receive it before the first T/D of the year.

I am really pleased with the SSC induction kit and hoping the 2bular will be the icing on the cake B-)

Ok no worries

There are hardly any videos of the 2bular track system about are there.

I know its subjective but would you say car felt faster with SSC? or does it just feel faster because you can hear supercharger?

On 24 January 2016 at 09:27, Fortis said:

I am just waiting for my 2bular Track zorst and then this years upgrading is complete, apart from upgrading my driver capabilities :blush:  

When's your exhaust arriving?! Keen to hear how you get on at Anglesey and db you record on sound test.

www.alias23.com

• Gold FFM

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, alias23 said:

When's your exhaust arriving?! Keen to hear how you get on at Anglesey and db you record on sound test.

Hoping by the end of this month.

Never been tested at Anglesey in the 6 years of going there.

I think there is a youtube vid of someone with the track exhaust at Spa. 

27 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I think that is the one for the S2 Andy

• Gold FFM

oh well, I tried.... ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

10 hours ago, Rancid said:

Thanks, I meant the Lotus Motorsport one :)

The Lotus Motorsport version isn't available online from my understanding. Equally, to purchase one is very difficult as I believe you have to prove you are an existing Lotus CupR owner to which the carbon induction kit is fitted to as standard.

I was able to get my Lotus Motorsport version through a friend in Belgium that had a friend with a CupR.... The Lotus kit is indeed a rare item and equally the carbon and the fitment of the MAF bracket is very good. Im happy to sell you mine at the right price although note list price was circa £850 + VAT !

The SSC version is a close replica of the Lotus Motorsport version, the filter, pipe diameter, and MAF positioning are pretty much identical. This is important as others have tried to fabricate their own version and if you don't get the inner pipe diameter and MAF fixing position just right you can find it triggers and EML fault. The only difference other than the obvious 'its not carbon', is the SSC is not a one piece induction pipe as with the Lotus version, instead the pipe is made up of separate parts which are joined together to form the one induction pipe (if that makes sense).

Would that stop me buying it - No, its a good item, but obviously not as good as the Lotus Motorsport one ;)

In terms of noise, you get a very noticeable improvement a few videos from a recent track day last week, and no the induction didn't have a negative effect on total db noise testing - I run a standard exhaust with the induction and had zero problems at Bedford which is notably a strict circuit for db.

Performance wise I'm convinced there is an improvement to throttle response which convinces you that power has been increased. I've never dyno'd the car but given that Komotec offer the induction and remap and this equates to 370bhp, I would like to think adding the induction (admitedly without a remap) there is a slight bhp improvement over standard. This said and regardless for me and my partner we both found a major improvement to throttle response and thats good enough for us!

So stop reading this post and go the SSC kit ;) 

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

29 minutes ago, RedViper said:

Now just need need to decide which exhaust ?

2Bular track would get my vote.... however I'm a wuss as scared it still won't meet our stringent db limits here in the UK and not willing to be the first guinea pig to try!

www.alias23.com

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, alias23 said:

2Bular track would get my vote.... however I'm a wuss as scared it still won't meet our stringent db limits here in the UK and not willing to be the first guinea pig to try!

Am I missing something here but what is the point of having a track optimised exhaust if you can't, ermmmm, use it on the track?

Also, sure I heard that Jim was working on an add-on that would deflect/lower/deaden. whatever the term is the noise if needed.

The 2bular track exhaust shouldn't be a problem on a track day. Remember that it doesn't have the valve switch like the road version.

It will also be lighter and doesn't have any packing to blow out. 

2 hours ago, RedViper said:

Ordered SSC last night. They are out of stock on one part so won't get posted until Monday. 

Excited. 

Now just need need to decide which exhaust ?

They are really easy to fit Chris, are you doing it yourself ?

You don't need to remove the wheel arch liner either as they state in the fitting instructions, just take your time and don't rush it in excitement :lol:

Also don't forget to let it idle for 10 minutes after fitting.  

10 hours ago, alias23 said:

The Lotus Motorsport version isn't available online from my understanding. Equally, to purchase one is very difficult as I believe you have to prove you are an existing Lotus CupR owner to which the carbon induction kit is fitted to as standard.

I was able to get my Lotus Motorsport version through a friend in Belgium that had a friend with a CupR.... The Lotus kit is indeed a rare item and equally the carbon and the fitment of the MAF bracket is very good. Im happy to sell you mine at the right price although note list price was circa £850 + VAT !

I have an extra Lotus Motorsport carbon fibre intake (as on CupR) plus an additional new HKS filter -- all available for 600 $US (~395 pounds)  plus actual shipping costs from US.  

Any interest, please PM me.

Intake FS.JPG

New HKS.JPG

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Am I missing something here but what is the point of having a track optimised exhaust if you can't, ermmmm, use it on the track?

Also, sure I heard that Jim was working on an add-on that would deflect/lower/deaden. whatever the term is the noise if needed.

As soon as some one has proven it comes under the majority of track day db limits then I'm in! However no one has tested it yet or confirmed all we hear is 'it should' but I'm not willing to spend near £1.5k on a 'should'.

Now I'd be more than happy to be a test pilot for 2bular and allow me to test it at no risk - if it passes Castle Combe (local circuit) then I pay and keep if it fails at least we have a view of its limits but I can hand it back at no charge.

www.alias23.com

• Gold FFM

Have you contacted him and asked him?

1 hour ago, Fortis said:

They are really easy to fit Chris, are you doing it yourself ?

You don't need to remove the wheel arch liner either as they state in the fitting instructions, just take your time and don't rush it in excitement :lol:

Also don't forget to let it idle for 10 minutes after fitting.  

Hi

Yeah I will fit it myself, my dad is good with cars so I will cash in some 'father / son' tokens and do it together (watch while he does it).

Yeah i won't forget it to let it idle cheers.

24 minutes ago, alias23 said:

As soon as some one has proven it comes under the majority of track day db limits then I'm in! However no one has tested it yet or confirmed all we hear is 'it should' but I'm not willing to spend near £1.5k on a 'should'.

Now I'd be more than happy to be a test pilot for 2bular and allow me to test it at no risk - if it passes Castle Combe (local circuit) then I pay and keep if it fails at least we have a view of its limits but I can hand it back at no charge.

To be honest from what I know of Jim if you speak to him I wouldn't be surprised if he would do exactly that. I know there is the website but when i have spoke to him I think a lot of people have bespoke systems. if you want something extra quiet I'm sure he can make that. Its extraordinary customer service but as everyone knows this you will have to wait for it.

• Like 1
On 16 February 2016 at 18:11, Jack said:

I have an extra Lotus Motorsport carbon fibre intake (as on CupR) plus an additional new HKS filter -- all available for 600 $US (~395 pounds)  plus actual shipping costs from US.  

Any interest, please PM me.

Intake FS.JPG

New HKS.JPG

PM Sent.

21 hours ago, Fortis said:

Jim is starting to make my Track Exhaust on Monday B-)

Really looking forward to fitting it onto the car ready for the 1st March.:)  

Good news

Hopefully you can get a video out for us all. Do you have any means of noise testing it please?

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 18:32, Fortis said:

Jim is starting to make my Track Exhaust on Monday B-)

Really looking forward to fitting it onto the car ready for the 1st March.:)  

erm - well, it will certainly be made during this week coming. There's a bit of a queue in front of you though.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, 2bular Exhausts said:

erm - well, it will certainly be made during this week coming. There's a bit of a queue in front of you though.

Sometime this next week will be fine Jim. 

I will take a few pictures for you of it fitted to the LF1, should look great with the twin carbon tips. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard from Jim this week?

cant get hold of him to check progress.

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

I had a one liner on Tuesday saying he would be on to mine "shortly". Not heard anything since. I see the waiting as part of the experience of owning a 2bular. I know it will be worth the wait. 

I fitted the SCC induction system last night. I didn't jack up or remove wheel liner and beside one clip round the back of housing it took a while to find and unclip was pretty straight forward. Took just over an hour. Absolutely awesome mod. I missed the supercharger whine from my old S240 and I'm convinced throttle response is better and car is quicker. Got no means of quantifying it like. But for less than £300 it's a very nice mod. ?

Edited by RedViper
  • Like 1
22 minutes ago, RedViper said:

I had a one liner on Tuesday saying he would be on to mine "shortly". Not heard anything since. I see the waiting as part of the experience of owning a 2bular. I know it will be worth the wait. 

I fitted the SCC induction system last night. I didn't jack up or remove wheel liner and beside one clip round the back of housing it took a while to find and unclip was pretty straight forward. Took just over an hour. Absolutely awesome mod. I missed the supercharger whine from my old S240 and I'm convinced throttle response is better and car is quicker. Got no means of quantifying it like. But for less than £300 it's a very nice mod. ?

Which 2bular have you ordered?