free hit
counters
CAI AND EXHAUST - Page 7 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

On 10 June 2016 at 14:04, Hangar 111 said:

I'm actually not sure we have fitted just the EX370 to a car, but we've fitted plenty as part of the 430 or 460 upgrade.

@ChrisBuer was scheduled to have it done recently, but has postponed for now due to time/money/etc.

You can fit the airbox without the remap, however on supercharged cars, the amount of extra air you will gain may cause it to run lean.  You could try it and test the AFR, which with us, would cost a couple of hours labour time, though you may then end up needing the map anyway. On the NA cars, you can get away with just the airbox and no remap.

Dave

Hi @Hangar111, I've got the Lotus Motorsport intake fitted and was wondering if you still offer the EX370 map standalone? How much would this be without the KT airbox?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now the snow has melted and ive had a morning off work i finally had time to take the car for a proper run. The sound is unreal. The combination of the Larini back box and the SSC Induction turn

A parcel from Australia has arrived for me at home today and it just so happens I have tomorrow booked off work anyway. Hmmm maybe my engine bay will be a little lighter and a little more noisy tomorr

As per a past post I think you do have some coincidental problems occurring. That said I can completely relate to when things go wrong with your pride and joy how frustrating things can get... So i've

Posted Images

It also shouldn't make any difference when car is stationary but I would defo move it up a bit. 

I think they must have improved the design of how its attached as mine is two tie wraps. 

I think il email them and ask for the bracket though as it looks neater. Although as the saying goes.... If it's not broke....

its purely subjective of course but the major difference I notices from fitting it apart from awesome sound was improved throttle response. It was especially improved in touring mode... 

10 minutes ago, Mudge6 said:

Hi @Hangar111, I've got the Lotus Motorsport intake fitted and was wondering if you still offer the EX370 map standalone? How much would this be without the KT airbox?

I doubt it will work as the KT airbox has bigger inlet diameter if I remember correctly. 

Edited by RedViper
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, RedViper said:

It also shouldn't make any difference when car is stationary but I would defo move it up a bit. 

I think they must have improved the design of how its attached as mine is two tie wraps. 

I think il email them and ask for the bracket though as it looks neater. Although as the saying goes.... If it's not broke....

its purely subjective of course but the major difference I notices from fitting it apart from awesome sound was improved throttle response. It was especially improved in touring mode... 

I doubt it will work as the KT airbox has bigger inlet diameter if I remember correctly. 

Thanks. Oh well, bang goes that idea!

2 minutes ago, Mudge6 said:

Thanks. Oh well, bang goes that idea!

Email Greg at Hangar 111 direct and he will tell you what your options are, always been really helpful with me in past. I'm sure I read somewhere they were getting a dyno so maybe they can do you a map for your setup ?

Thanks for the pics Imran.

I've just moved mine up about as far as yours is - seems to have done the trick regards response.

I can also actually hear the air being sucked in now (roof off, windows down) which I couldn't before.

Can you hear yours?

The engine was still warm so have yet to try a cold start.

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

I could hear the supercharger before, but certainly not the air being sucked in.

Sounds brill.

Will report back when I next get to do a cold start.

1 hour ago, RedViper said:

Thanks for the earlier pic.

Its quite sturdy with the bracket.

Just had an email back from SSC - they've started to come across V6 Exiges and Evoras both modified and stock standard cars, that are experiencing lumpy cold start issues.

They've yet to find what the issue is.

Yesterday I was at the Chatsworth Lotus meet, and another V6 owner with a totally standard car was complaining of the very same thing, but no error codes appear and his dealer can't find the cause.

SSC also say the position of the filter shouldn't really make a difference to the throttle, but obviously more direct air is a benefit.

13 hours ago, Mudge6 said:

Hi Ross.

As has been said, the KT induction has a much larger surface area than those shown here, so needs the map on an SC engine to prevent lean running and optimise the gains of the extra air - so the reverse naturally follows and you may not gain much using your intake.  It seems as though those with the smaller filter are able to run OK with the standard map.

Dave

Edited by Hangar 111
13 hours ago, Rancid said:

Mines just held in place by the supplied black bracket and jubilee clip -

Looks like I could easily slide the black bracket up the rear stay bar to lift the filter above the side intake.

image.jpeg

Hi Andy

Please can you confirm that bracket that is supporting the weight of the induction kit at the filter end is what was supplied by SSC. I just had look on their website and it still shows the two tie wraps as opposed to this.

I thought maybe you fashioned it yourself rather than use tie wraps.

Cheers

@Rancid dont suppose you've had any service updates/ECU updates from the dealer at the time you had the intake installed? I did read (this is from memory) one chap who had the SSC ran fine no issues, then had a service, the dealer had updated the ECU and then he started to have a few issues.

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Yes, all came in the box and it's even in the printed instructions.

Cheers

2 minutes ago, alias23 said:

@Rancid dont suppose you've had any service updates/ECU updates from the dealer at the time you had the intake installed? I did read (this is from memory) one chap who had the SSC ran fine no issues, then had a service, the dealer had updated the ECU and then he started to have a few issues.

Not sure tbh.

Its a good point you make - as they changed the clutch at the same time I suppose it's a possibility the ECU was updated.

I know for sure they did the then current update last December when it was serviced.

I'll find out, so thanks for the suggestion.

It appears they did an ecu update after the CAI, exhaust etc were fitted because the learned settings on the car were upset with the new intake.

The update cured the initial problems they had after fitting.

Have told me the car is now learning the new intake and I should give it a couple of weeks.

Good Lord, that's faptastic!

Took the car out last night, still lumpy cold start and now my TC light had come on (already had a new brake pedal micro switch a few months back)

Back to the dealer today to have a look for any codes...

Might just put the OE air box back in and leave it at that, which is a shame...

Real shame to hear all these issues you getting @Rancid are you sure it all relates to the SSC induction? Really odd to hear the TC light has now come on as I would have thought an induction would have no affect on TC - I would have thought separate 'systems'

You may (although its frustrating) resort to going back to OEM and seeing if that clears everything, as it may be a coincidence that you've had the induction installed but something different and not connected occurred at the same time.. Just a positive thought... likely may be wrong.

Hope you get it sorted now its back at the dealer.

@Hangar 111 you can't count that car as a Roadster its gone beyond even a Cup spec now!

www.alias23.com

Nipped over to my dealer today - there's a fault code present but it's for a sensor in the TC or braking system, so just coincidence regards the CAI.

Possibly a wheel sensor.

It cleared itself when we started the car whilst plugged into the diagnostics, but they're going to get in touch with Lotus and get back to me.

5 months of warranty left.....!

All sorts of lights just came on on the dash and subsequently went out by themselves, except for the TC light that stayed on.

should this tube be attached anywhere? (The other end is the bit with the white writing on it)

Starting to get a bit miffed now...

image.jpeg