free hit
counters
CAI AND EXHAUST - Page 8 - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

33 minutes ago, Hangar 111 said:

Yes!  On a standard car, connected to the top corner of the airbox.

Looks like you are sucking some unmetered air into your engine - likely to cause running issues.

Dave

Aarrrgghhhh.....

Where does it go on the CAI?

Cant see anywhere to attach it.

Just put the car in the garage and the dash lights came on again - seem to be low fuel (3/4 in the tank) oil (level is fine) and cruise control.

What does LOTUS stand for again...?  <_<

'....it makes every other roadster look just a little bit cissy...'

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now the snow has melted and ive had a morning off work i finally had time to take the car for a proper run. The sound is unreal. The combination of the Larini back box and the SSC Induction turn

A parcel from Australia has arrived for me at home today and it just so happens I have tomorrow booked off work anyway. Hmmm maybe my engine bay will be a little lighter and a little more noisy tomorr

As per a past post I think you do have some coincidental problems occurring. That said I can completely relate to when things go wrong with your pride and joy how frustrating things can get... So i've

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Lots of truly unfettered smiles!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Can't blame Lotus or the car - who put the CAI in? ;)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

True.

But some of the issues I think are just coincidence to the CAI being fitted.

Problems aside, I still love the car and can't imagine having anything else...

As per a past post I think you do have some coincidental problems occurring. That said I can completely relate to when things go wrong with your pride and joy how frustrating things can get... So i've just popped out to the garage and taken a few pics of mine, unsure if it will help but here goes, ill need to try and remember what all the pipes do, but you will note that two pipes I 'bunged' from memory these where some type of vacuum pipe hence needing to be capped as no longer needed once the OEM box had been removed.

The red hose was reconnected to allow the valve exhaust to continue to be used. One thing for sure, and I don't know who installed the kit for you, but its a little odd that they've left such pipes open and unconnected to anything...

IMG_5201.JPG

IMG_5202.JPG

IMG_5200.JPG

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

First pic - my two pipes are also bunged like yours.

Bottom pic - my red /orange pipe (exhaust valve?) is just folded up and cable tied together in the bottom of the engine bay.

I see yours is still attached to the engine, where my open ended black tube comes from?

I don't have a valved exhaust on anymore.

And as ever, thanks for taking the time for the pics Imran.

Yes, just had email back from SSC about this.

It's on the instructions (a bit I missed when reading them last night).

They also recommend I get the fuel trim settings checked over - need to find someone Asap to do that.

As Danny said, sounds like you need to block off the one on the charger.  Then it will be worth resetting the ECU to do re-learns.

You can remove all the hoses from the airbox flap solenoid, but just leave it connected to the loom else it will throw codes.

Dave

Thanks Dave

I've just blocked the errant pipe up, disconnected the battery negative for 10 mins and am now letting it idle for 10 mins.

Was noticeably better on start up.

Dave, do you think it's worth having the fuel trims looked at / re-set?

The car seemed to smell richer than usual, although I'm now standing at the exhaust with the engine running and it smells normal now.

• Like 1

Update

Just been for a drive - cold start was fine (yay..) but the 3 lights (previous post) flashed up again for 1-2 seconds.

This time though the spanner also appeared (electrical?) and stayed on.

These, along with the bloody TC light staying on and disabling the DPM.

2 hours ago, Rancid said:

Update

Just been for a drive - cold start was fine (yay..) but the 3 lights (previous post) flashed up again for 1-2 seconds.

This time though the spanner also appeared (electrical?) and stayed on.

These, along with the bloody TC light staying on and disabling the DPM.

I genuinely think your TC light is a separate issue.

www.alias23.com

It is - have had it before and dealer replaced the brake pedal switch that cured it.

im assuming it's the same thing, or as the diagnostic suggested a wheel sensor.

Over 2 weeks before my dealer can look at the car, so I'm going to swap back to OE myself.

Just have a bit of confusion as to where the y-pipe connects to on the air box.

Right, is all back to OE - could just do with reassurance that I've got these vacuum pipes in the correct place (been looking at the De Roure parts diagrams...) 

As I don't need the vacuum pipe for the exhaust flap I assume I don't need the plastic Y connector?

image.jpg

Anyone confirm the above?

Can't find any real life pics of where these pipes actually go.

Car seems to run as it should with the stock air box refitted, so I haven't a clue what was wrong with the CAI, or indeed, the fitting of it...

Also, when is that valve supposed to work?

• 4 weeks later...

Car works absolutely fine now - all the issue seemed to be was a loose earth strap! AArrrrrgggghhhh

Decided not to refit the CAI, so if anyone wants one....

I'll stick it in the classifieds.

4 minutes ago, Rancid said:

Car works absolutely fine now - all the issue seemed to be was a loose earth strap! AArrrrrgggghhhh

Decided not to refit the CAI, so if anyone wants one....

I'll stick it in the classifieds.

PM sent

On 7/22/2016 at 21:14, alias23 said:

As per a past post I think you do have some coincidental problems occurring. That said I can completely relate to when things go wrong with your pride and joy how frustrating things can get... So i've just popped out to the garage and taken a few pics of mine, unsure if it will help but here goes, ill need to try and remember what all the pipes do, but you will note that two pipes I 'bunged' from memory these where some type of vacuum pipe hence needing to be capped as no longer needed once the OEM box had been removed.

The red hose was reconnected to allow the valve exhaust to continue to be used. One thing for sure, and I don't know who installed the kit for you, but its a little odd that they've left such pipes open and unconnected to anything...

IMG_5201.JPG

IMG_5202.JPG

IMG_5200.JPG

Hi Imran,

Where did you get those plugs to bunged up those two hoses?

Thx