free hit
counters
New MX5 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New MX5

Bibs

Anyone drive the ND yet? Seems like the 1.5 is the one to go for... 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Not driven one, but had the chance to properly look over  lovely metallic red on in Oakmere when looking at their Orange 400.

It looks nice and if I had the cash I'd buy the wife one and take it for a spin on a nice summer's evening to a nice pub for a great meal outdoors. That being the case the 1.5 would be a steal and ideal too.

But when the 400 roadster comes out, preferably with a soft top to be rolled up and put in the boot for the summer, and a carbon "fixed" roof for the winter, well, the 400 would be the only car I'd ever need again.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

We have an NC love it, for when you want some fun but don't want to fold yourself into the Elise it makes a nice change as I run my Elise with top on we like the NC for top down fun, we also have had a good look at the ND at Oakmere we'll look to test drive one next spring, I think we'd go for the 1.5 but will try both.

Driven both, 1.5 is lovely but I'd buy the 2.0 because I'm older and lazier now :) gear change to make a v6 owner weep with joy, 1.5 a bit underpowered on motorway but fun to sing to the limiter. Hood operation brilliant. Some criticise the steering being light but I found it fine and have told a play with tyres and pressures make a difference. Handling can be found under light and nimble in dictionary. 

If I was a thrusting young buck comfortable with my sexuality I'd have a 2.0 Sport Nav. Suits you sir.

Black n gold

If I was a thrusting young buck comfortable with my sexuality I'd have a 2.0 Sport Nav. Suits you sir.

This begs several questions, I have to say...

I'm sure it can't be correct that you are a limp old sloth uncomfortable with your manliness. You've got a bl**dy Exige V6 man!!!

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

fair point well made :) though having hit my fifties I am feeling more limp, sloth like and there seems something  growing in the way of seeing my manliness. Suitably shamed I'm off to the gym.

on subject of the mx5 chap at work who can drive a bit arrived in a very nice blue coloured one raving about it - he drives a 650ps Gtr most of the time - a 1.5 engine SEL Nav. Still going on about it at the end of the day. I hope they do very well with it, nice sports car ethos. 

Black n gold