free hit
counters
A day in the life of hunting for another Evora that fits the bill. - Page 13 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

A day in the life of hunting for another Evora that fits the bill.

Colin G

From my perspective, if I were shopping for another Evora, i'd be mighty pissed off if I found out that my new pride and joy was once used and abused to the highest extreme and that the details of said abuse were not available when I purchased it. Thats the crux of the matter. 

I don't think the repair itself is being disputed, nor whether Cat C/D cars are good buys or 'run a mile' buys. The simple fact is that at the time of purchase, you shouldn't have to dig to find out the car was once involved in a major repair. If it's not, for good or bad it casts a shadow on the vehicle - exactly as what has happened here. Most likely a great car and great repair job - but does cast the doubt as to if anything was missed on the repair. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Even if the repair was 'as good as new'?

Where's the line? Do you want a full ECU dump? Do you want to know if there were potential clutch issues or kids hanging from the wing? 

I'm playing devil's advocate here... this sums it up pretty well IMO...

article-1378906-0BB6420D00000578-581_468

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I'm going to guess the forum account is now a guest of the person who knows what really happened... I think I've found the account but as its a guest account now, doesn't work well in the search.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Eh? Link?

TLF has a 'no secrets' policy and always has, please share what you find Lee :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

You have a pm.

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

• Gold FFM
49 minutes ago, Neal H said:

It depends on how much she costs :getmecoat:

Well, she's a BMW so high maintenance costs for a start! She'll probably break down a lot, and maybe, just maybe, she'll be the ultimate driving machine, but only until you get married when you may as well just park her in the garage, because she won't want to be driven anymore, and certainly not reversed!

That's the point at which you go and buy a Lotus, usually around the cross roads of Married Lane and Mid-life Crisis Avenue.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I recall seeing the same ad for used Aston Martins which for me seemed more appropriate ?

My search continues, the dealer has not responded to my offer.  I think he's playing some kind of who blinks first game which I've lost patience with. Negotiations should be simple I offer you accept or counter.

I've turned my attention to a car in the UK that Bravo73 reminded me of.  It's a manual S which isn't ideal as the increased CO2 will cost me thousands more to import but will probably be more fun in the long term.

Anyone know this car or dealer, feel free to pm me if you prefer:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/evora/lotus-evora-v6-s-lhd/3807605

It's a MY12 car and I noticed the sports racer wheels, interior and black wing mirrors?  Were these standard for that MY or retrofit?

Any info would be welcomed.

I hate to say it but if I don't find one soon I'll turn my attention to an AM V8, if anyone has any thoughts on comparison let me know.  I drove one years back it's nowhere near as engaging as a Lotus but to my eye possibly the most beautiful car ever built (short of the original 300SL or Muira).

Thanks 

Edited by Zbe

Hi Zbe,

That car looks pretty much unmolested stock (surprisingly the head unit seems to be Alpine! I thought all MY 12 cars used Pioneer). Black mirrors were standard in the S MY 12s and those are the optional diamond cut 19/20 wheels that a lot of the factory cars came with in 2012.

The car has been for sale for a good while but that seems to be normal for a LHD car being for sale in the UK. The mileage is really tempting. I own a very similar car and, for me, the only drawback is the rate at which it burns rear Pirellis on the 20 inches wheels. The Evora is even far more comfortable in long trips than my 3 series!

I had a small interaction with the seller but cannot really comment on them, though I know some members here worked with them to full satisfaction.

Good luck with your search, but I do definitively advocate for the Evora after almost three years of ownership. Patience normally pays back!

Regards,

Jorge

I believe it belongs or belonged to Bruss (seloc user)

he swapped it for a later car.

Evora NA

Handy :thumbsup:

He looks after his cars well, would be a good buy I'm sure... 

Evora NA

There is this one for sale in Luxembourg, but you will need to love attracting attention... It seems not to be a 100% stock car. The dealer is selling on behalf of the current owner, as far as I know. If you are interested, let me know, because I will be visiting the dealer next week and could ask or take pictures for you. I may also ask if the dealer knows of other cars becoming available.

http://www.luxauto.lu/fr/occasion/lotus-evora-s-35-v6.html?id=757500

Zbe, my last three fun cars have gone Evora S - V8 Vantage - Evora S. I absolutely agree that the Vantage is one of the most beautiful cars ever made, and was my own personal dream car, but the fact I went back to an evora after a year of Aston Martin ownership should say something. If you're buying a car from a true 'sports' viewpoint as far as driving is concerned, it just doesn't cut it against a Lotus. Keep in mind that they are much, much more expensive to maintain as well.

The LHD Laser Blue Evora S for sale at ES Motorsport is not Bruss's old car (which was red).

I spoke to Dave at ES Motorsport about this car at 3-4 months ago briefly when I was contemplating buying LHD to save money. Apparently the car was provided by Lotus to one of its brand ambassadors - Dave thought it was used by Jean Alesi, although I couldn't find a picture of Alesi with this car on the internet -, but when the wheels fell of the Bahar regime, the car was returned to Lotus and has not been doing much since - hence such low mileage for a car registered in December 2011.

It looks immaculate in the pictures, but I never got the point of viewing it. I'm surprised it hasn't sold as the combination of MY12 interior and laser blue looks great and must be rare.

Jean Alesi never had an Evora but he did lean one once. That was my first long term test car :thumbup:

Jean-Alesi-Evora-S.jpg

Evora NA

You are right about the taxation issue in Italy. This, and the ongoing economical situation, has generally caused a decrease of the value of used or very low mileage "sport" cars (personally, I took advantage of it when buying mine a couple of years ago). Unfortunately, I cannot be of much help about technicalities of buying from outside Italy...

That clears up that rumour then Bibs! I expect somebody at Lotus can provide a bit more background on the Laser Blue car at ES Motorsport.

(On another note, my Evora S should arrive in the Isle of Man tonight. Pic and posts will follow in the days ahead once it's locally taxed and registered. Thanks again for your help.)

• Like 1