free hit
counters
A day in the life of hunting for another Evora that fits the bill. - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

A day in the life of hunting for another Evora that fits the bill.

Colin G

• Gold FFM

I can only agree. I bought my MY12 after they launched the SR exactly on that basis but understand that other people may prefer to buy the absolute "latest" at a premium.

I guess I keep coming back to the forex issue because it is just killing me and any prospects of my future Lotus purchase (with Recaro or probed seats, please).

I mistakenly thought Luxembourg was a "tax free" place. That'll teach me for picking up the Daily Snail on the plane....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Well we wouldn't want to use the Euro would we, it's practically worthless these days isn't it? :) Think we get more $'s to the pound now.

Maybe we should rename the Euro to the Lira.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Having a nightmare getting any wifi tonight in this week's work accommodation, so be prepared as this can mean only one thing. There will be at least ten perfect cars listed tonight that will all somehow be sold by morning......or it's already happened in the two hours it's taken me to log in here!

:D

Saw your dream spec and colour earlier, was only £13k too! Looks like it gone now... :hrhr:

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Ha! :D

You have no idea how much it threw my entire routine out last night having no internet. I actually had to watch all the shite that was on TV instead of repetitively watching Evora vids on youtube and doing a ten minute refresh on any websites where I might actually be able to buy one.......

As a first time poster on here that is also actively looking for an Evora S (but somebody who has been lurking on monitoring this forum for years...), I'm also reading this thread with great interest!

The dealers I spoke to were not interested in putting me on a waiting/call list for incoming Evoras. Sadly I don't have an existing relationship with any of them.

Welcome to TLF Steve :)

That is a surprise. Pop me a PM with what you're after/budget/contact details and I'll get a couple of dealers to get in touch if you like :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

It has ZERO options.

No Sport Pack - No Crossdrilled Discs, No Painted Calipers, No Sport Button
No Tech Pack  - No Nav, No Cruise

No Premium Pack

etc etc

So, no, not that desirable.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Most people will wait for the near perfect car for them as this is a lot of money for a toy and as such don't want to compromise on spec etc. I would rather wait it out than jump in and regret not holding out for a spec I want. Others must be the same as some have been for sale for a loooong time.

It has ZERO options.

No Sport Pack - No Crossdrilled Discs, No Painted Calipers, No Sport Button
No Tech Pack  - No Nav, No Cruise

No Premium Pack

etc etc

So, no, not that desirable.

Good points....... Well made!

Is there anywhere that lists an individual spec via a number plate?

• Gold FFM

No, just watching and learning :)

As for me, I've got my NA to where I want it (Tech, Sport, New seats, New HeadUnit, new brakes etc) I'm having silly thoughts about p/ex against an Evora S... why? I'm not entirely sure, other than I love the Evora, so do I grab one of the last S cars and keep it long term, or do I stick with my NA, given it's half the cost of a late S.

Gah, what do these cars do to us?!

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

As a first time poster on here that is also actively looking for an Evora S (but somebody who has been lurking on monitoring this forum for years...), I'm also reading this thread with great interest!

The dealers I spoke to were not interested in putting me on a waiting/call list for incoming Evoras. Sadly I don't have an existing relationship with any of them.

Have you seen the lovely, low mileage yellow "S" that MMC have in Edinburgh?  Good price too and a great dealer. You can fly to Edinburgh from the Isle of Man and then get to know here on the drive home :)

Good luck with your search....

• Gold FFM

As for me, I've got my NA to where I want it (Tech, Sport, New seats, New HeadUnit, new brakes etc) I'm having silly thoughts about p/ex against an Evora S... why? I'm not entirely sure, other than I love the Evora, so do I grab one of the last S cars and keep it long term, or do I stick with my NA, given it's half the cost of a late S.

Wow Cocopops, where we twins separated at birth?  I've almost got my NA where I want it, but have too been having thoughts about a p/ex against that lovely Orange S that Snow's have.  But then I've been thinking long and hard and thought hang on, my car plus £20k/£25k or so. Hmmmm, I could buy a great S1 Elise for that £20/25k and run it on the track for a while and STILL have my Evora as a low mileage queen.

In the end, I think my decision is that right now, no Evora S is worth "x2" or more my Evora, and even the 400 is not worth, to me anyway, "x3+" my NA Evora.  Yes, I know they are faster but on UK roads, I don't honestly think I could drive an Evora any faster than I drive my current one. Without taking myself out and hitting a tree anyway!

So, unless I suddenly get a very large and unexpected windfall, I'm just going to love, caress, stroke and generally polish my Evora NA for a very, very, looooonnnnnnnggggggg time and use my spare pennies on upgrades and other things in life that are nice.

Edited by C8RKH

Thanks Andy

I've looked at every car for sale on Pistonheads, usually more than once ...

I like bright colours (laser blue especially), but SWMBO has insisted a 'grown up' colour like Carbon Grey or Black. I can live with the compromise if it's the difference between spousal consent to the purchase or not...

MMC has a great reputation, so I'd happily buy from them if the right car came in and take the scenic route home.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Fair enough. But then the next time she fancies a nice new dress, handbag or pair of shoes or whatever she fancies, remind of her the need to look grown up and insist they are either grey or black  :)

Best of luck with the search - carbon grey with venom red interior would be a good compromise. Just saying.....

Have you said what your ideal spec is Stu? Before you reply though, be aware if you write exactly the same as mine that someone might get spotted under your current car cutting the brake lines by the cover of night. I have to keep the competition to a minimum........

:D

Edit: Just saw your wanted thread. <Puts hacksaw and side cutters back in tool box>

Edited by Colin G

Hi Lee,

I've been thinking the exact same thing about my early NA but I've got that just how I like it. I also have my Esprit which I doubt I'll ever sell so that will be the special car at weekends. For me, the maths isn't worth working as I am using the Evora as a daily car, it only costs me £300 insurance, £285 Tax and does 30MPG. Chop that in for an S and running costs will immediately go up. I pay £250 for my Esprit and £230 tax. So it's costing me about the same for two cars as it is for one high end Evora. The other thing I have to consider is that my Evora hasn't depreciated in the last 18 months and my Esprit has shot up over the last 10 years. So it makes sense to stick with what I have got and I think I prefer to have two fantastic looking cars that go well rather than a newer Evora S.

• Like 1

To be honest there's no real difference between an N/A and an S once you're up to speed on your favourite road. It might take a fraction of a second longer to get there, but if you can keep the momentum up, both variations will handle and stop in a similar fashion. Both are brilliant at that.

• Like 1