free hit
counters
spectre bond - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

spectre bond

Alex Carter

so new bond gets released soon I waited for this for ages , I see they are using the new Aston Martin db 10 so I made an investment .

i bought DB10BNB  with a yellow screw cap can look like DB10BND the bnd REG is up for auction only will see who's got the money's to buy this one from me .

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

So just back in from the Premier night at local cinema.  I liked it and the movie has lots of real action in it from the get go as always.  Plot can leave you wondering where it is going next.  Good script in as much as it ties an awful lot together over many, many years of Bond if you are a fan.  (however it did leave SWMBO cold and confused) You could have heard a pin drop in the silences for the full 2-1/2 hrs.  Everybody was hooked.  I don't think it will be eventually seen as the top Bond of recent years but that is only because I thought Skyfall was setting a very high bar.  In my eyes at least there is a great homage to Dr. No and the train fight scene with Connery but jazzed up for the present day.

Still a  :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: from me.  (just don't try and work out how he always travels light and then dresses immaculately for the next scene :lol:  The magic that is Bond, James Bond)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

• Gold FFM

Aston have confirmed that they will sell only ONE of the ten DB10 cars made for the Bond film, next year, via a special auction.

However, it is not type certified etc. so will not be road legal.  I guess the bidding will finish around the £1m mark to be honest.

Alex, you have a market of one. Now go and nail it!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

so new bond gets released soon I waited for this for ages , I see they are using the new Aston Martin db 10 so I made an investment .

i bought DB10BNB  with a yellow screw cap can look like DB10BND the bnd REG is up for auction only will see who's got the money's to buy this one from me .

oh bollox......... Doh

• Like 1

Only here once

On 27/10/2015 21:58:43, Buddsy said:

Didnt rate Skyfall myself.

Was there a Train fight scene in Dr.No? There was in from Russia with love.

Buddsy

Live and Let Die had a train fight. The guy with the mechanical claw for a hand that got left dangling from the window latch when we was pushed out.

23 minutes ago, Inkyfingers said:

Saw this last night. I thought it was excellent, was intense from start to finish.

Saw it yesterday. Overall good but some bits I didn't get on with. Not putting spoilers in here though.

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

But I think I remember most scenes from of the films from the other Connery, Moore & Lazenby. Is it me or were the older films more memorable?

Certainly were. We decided as a family to re-watch the full run to educate the little'uns, got as far as Brosnan and stopped. Everyone, kids included, were of the opinion that even the crappest Roger Moore Bond (Octopussy?) was still a better watch than everything produced since 1995.

The new ones just leave me cold, I feel they are produced for someone else. This new one is the first one ever since seeing Live and Let Die aged 5 that I wouldn't be bothered if I missed at the cinema and watched it later on TV for £3.50. As a lifelong Bond afficionado that's quite a sad feeling

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I agree, it's got far too 'Jason Bourne' of late. Looking forward to Spectre though, going with an open mind :) 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I agree about Mr. Craig not being very Mr. Craig; nor Mr. Bond for that matter. He's just a burnt out hooligan. Sometimes I think that too many women and female psychology have crept in onto the good Mr. Bond. Loose that, get him to be a man Again, and I may start believing in him in the role Again. I think that Daniel Craig could do that, but script won't allow it.

Because of that and the terribly bad storyline, which is kind of empty in reality, in Skyfall. The only salvagable bit in that movie was Adele's great song and the old man taking care of the Family Estate for decades-role. To me, the recent movies simply lack grandness.

But I do look forward to the new movie. And I hope they will kind of find their way back into Ian Flemmings portray of James Bond in the future.

The DB10 does absolutely nothing for me. I find the Astons boring, if not actually not very well chosen lately (last few movies). They appear to be more of a marketing stunt, than a superspy's tool. Actually, I found the 2CV much more entertaining driving Down that mountain side, than an Aston of the later movies, because it made me Wonder how on Earth he was going to make it.

But in reality, there is only one car that is crazy enough to be a real Bond car, and that my friends, is of course the Lotus Esprit. Outrageous in every aspect. Also in real life. And that is why it is believable.

Funny, but I found the Jason Bourne movies to be a replica of James Bond movies, not the reverse. But I do agree, that Daniel Craig is unsuited for the role, or at the least, he should be playing Mr. Bond, not a drunken, burnt out sorry piece of trash that have a problem with violence.

And the other thing that I hope to see more in the new Spectre, is a supervillan. One with a vision and being on a mission. You know, the guy who is not just another drugs and arms dealer, or learnt how to break a code on a web page as a frustrated teenager, because he got rejected by a nice girl at the prom, and therefore swore revenge, therefore being just an overgrown scared Little boy. Typical female perspective. So trivial and so Little Bond-like. If that female influence is going to continue, Bond is going to both keep to speed limits as well as drive a familybox... Should never ever happen, because Mrs. Bond was killed many movies back.

Nah, let's find the old virtues Again, and bring them forward once more for hopefully many more films. And do find a propper Moneypenny, please. Not a bitch-type from Vanity Fair.

This time it seems, Bond is shaken, not stirred.

Jacques.

ps: How about letting the next villan in the next movie, if driving a car at all, drive a Porsche 911, which spells catastrophe, control-freak, and is immensely expensive to repair ;) It also have automated systems like CRAP and DIRT, which seems to fall along the line of an evil villan. But mostly because both such a charracter and Porsche share one thing: the extremely big ego, thinking they always know better and an infantile picture of themselves, as being supremely above everyone else ;)

Looking forward to seeing it in the weekend ;)

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Just booked tickets, off to see it at the big screen at our local multiplex now :) 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I thought Skyfall lost the plot towards the end, as did Quantum of Solace in my view.

I like Craig as Bond, he brings a dark intensity which moves things on nicely from the cartoon violence and cheesy one liners of the Brosnan era. After 50 years, I think it's good that the franchise can still adapt.

I'd also have that Jaguar over the DB10 every day, the Aston looked bland in my view.

Getting a bit tired of the lost family perspective that goes on and on with Bond. A 46 year old bloke with mummy and daddy issues needs a slap. Agree too much female perspective, like the last 10+ years of Top Gear.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Going way back to my comment on Dr. No and train fight it was written at midnight in a rush just in from the cinema and getting up in 5 hours to head to airport for 4 weeks work.  (I had to squeeze the Premier in to my last night at home as couldn't have waited 4 weeks reading this lot!) I never checked it out so I will be wrong.  Just couldn't be bothered at that time of day to check.  Apologies.

All the movies have their poor or less good moments and remember during Quantum of Solace (was it?) that the Screenwriters Guild were all on strike so much was ad-lib and written by others on the hoof and it showed.  2 weeks ago I was driving along the N side of Lake Garda in and out of the tunnels and the half tunnels they have, and thought "this looks familiar".  Looks like the opening sequence car chase location.  Sure enough came home and was watching the surprisingly watchable Paul Hollywood Aston Martin/James Bond programme from about 4 weeks ago and the damaged DBS car was in it and the Producer said damaged on Lake Garda side for that opening sequence.  I was so excited I had got it right, but SWMBO was less than impressed I could get that sort of stuff in a nano second when on the move and was just shaking her head.  Unfortunately I wasn't driving a DBS on Lake Garda side.  Only a knackered rental Fiat Scudo (or something) 8 seater minibus.  Not quite the same image - but almost as much damage.

I do in general like what Daniel Craig brings to the franchise but lets face it to a certain extent he is just the pretty boy in front of the camera.  The way the movies have gone is more to do with the director who has far more control over the direction.  It was the director who dropped a lot of the famous always repeated bits 3 movies ago and was slated for it and Mendes has been quick to put them back in and they have been better for it.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Enjoyed that. Not the best ever but certainly worth a watch :) 

• Like 1

Evora NA

On Tue Oct 27 2015 11:23:04 GMT+0000, C8RKH said:

Aston have confirmed that they will sell only ONE of the ten DB10 cars made for the Bond film, next year, via a special auction.

However, it is not type certified etc. so will not be road legal.  I guess the bidding will finish around the £1m mark to be honest.

Alex, you have a market of one. Now go and nail it!

Oh f**k it lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally managed to go see the new Spectre movie. Wasn't really possible to get propper seats anywhere till' now, so must be rather popular.

First of all, I'll say that for me, this movie is the best of the ones with Daniel Craig in the leading role. My earlier critique regarding Daniel, is restored for the better in this new movie. The story is also by far better than the last few movies. Remember the silly gymnastics scene? That crap is deleted from the new movie. Due respect is payed with regards to the old train scene. And thank God the DB5 is only briefly there. But the new DB10 which will not enter production anyway, is a lousy gimmick, which drives rather slowly around some of the streets of Rome. I fully agree, that the Jag is by far the more exiciting car in that movie. The all too brief DB10 shines as a crome-like looking car, with a boat-shaped front, and generally super boring function. And in line with my view on the DB10 as a defunct Bond car, it actually is... defunct. Only a bit of flames, which an over tuned jap-scrap import car fanboy could have made just as well in real life. I do like the mismatch with regards to the Dymo lettering of the (de-)functionality of the extra Bond-features in that DB10. That is laughable, because it is an absolutely mismatch between the exterior lines and the Dymo stickers inside, but a nice hint to the old car of past decades. I'd rather see something much more exciting being used as a Bond car in the future, if the Q-department is going to survive the cut downs and lay-off which seems to be a central story in the Spectre-movie. In fact the old Roger More presentation of the Lotus Esprit is by far more epic and entertainable. The speed aspect portrayed in Spectre, is appauling, where as in Fyeo, the Esprit is portrayed as a fast car. Well done Mr. Becker! Sorry Guys, but Aston seems to have been misplaced in the new Bond movie Spectre. All the villans assembeled in Rome, seems to be driving super sportscars, contrary to what they would probably be driving in real life - something more elegant, discrete and luxury saloon like. It just looked like a cheap Commercial, in stead of a super secret organisation, working in the shadows. And so did the very very un-integrated Omega Commercial. I am aware that Omega and Aston probably paid top Money for having their products advertised so much in the movie, but this is simply embarrasing. Deeply embarrasing. I am very much pro the Omega Seamaster Watch, but a Nato-strap? Arh, come on Omega! It's so ugly and so is the bezel and the face as well. It lost the supreme divers image (which it in real life does far better than any other brand, say Rolex and others). But the worst is the mismatch between the movie telling a story about Bond and a super-villan, and the exposeure of said products. In all honesty, I see it a bit like the movieteam lost their inspiration for functionality and still had to show off the two items, because of the income it generated, while making Spectre.

What I do like is the Spectre revival. Well made, apart from a solar-panel based secret base, which is immediately visible to the eye, and the satelites not being able to see it, as well as the mega explosion when that base collapses. I may be uneducated in solar panels, but if they can explode with so much power, I will strongly advice people to refrain from installing them in their private homes.

Bond girls are another sensitive area. In Spectre, it appears that the movie team have chosen an angry depressed and frustrated blonde WHO is really not that good looking, to be the nice girl, and the beautifull grown up sexy woman (Monica Belluchi) to be only in a short sequence. I spoke to my friends and a few other spectators about this, and we all agreed, that they should have switched those two women. We also found it strange, that Bond did not fly back to the first girl. Don't get me wrong, as I find the blonde a beautifull woman, and have nothing against her as such. But a bond girl? No way. She should better appear in a typical American made movie, about a frustrated psychologist.

Again, the director tried to link wayyyy too much Family history into the Bond role, while letting it all be orchestrated by... a female psychologist... Arh, come on Guys, this is simply so flat. Most annoying to re-use that defunctional idea once more. Too much female control and influence. Bond is a tough nail and is as a grown up man in his role and is perfectly self-aware of being a man and what he does, way above that teenage-stuff. I would recommend Sam Mendes to go see a shrink himself, and not letting his personal insecurity and mind-control-girlpower-insecurity out onto the silver screen, to the annoyance us the rest of us. Come on Sam, you know it's true.

The last strange aspect is the MI5 and generally any governmental and police and military/paramilitary force being protrayed as defunct. All they seem to be able to do in any country portrayed in the movie, is being 5 y.o. and showing up with 5 police motorcycles in the final scene of the downfall of the Spectre leader Ernst Stravro Blofeld. But Bond on the other hand must be drinking less in this new movie, as he is truly a master marksman.

Regarding the leading musical score, I find Adele WHO sang in Skyfall, to completely overshine the male castrated (sorry) castral singer of which I actually have his album. But the Graphics in the beginning was very nice made, anda tribute to older Bond movies. Very nice made. But the octopussy aspect working in the shadow which is said so many times in the title song etc, is in a bit of a mis-match to the actual content and behaviour of Blofeld, WHO gathers his leading employees for instruction, but does not really demonstrate his shadow-power during the movie. Could surely have been finetuned a bit here.

Another aspect I like, is the most inviting (insisting) way, that Blofeld is recieving Bond and the girl (already forgot her name, as her part was not very well played and not well portrayed as well as boring). But kudos for that scene as well as the train scene, which worked well, far better than the car chase scene. The pathetic co-villan within Mi5 is also funny and well done. A Little boy WHO have been bullied all through his school time, and want to take revenge, but cannot do himself, because of lack of balls, so turn his energy and mind towards the dark side. A school shooter, WHO didn't do school shooting (thank God). He could have been protrayed a bit more intelligent, so as to have been more realistically protrayed, though. But still is a well placed idea against one World government, the ec, etc. Well done.

The track Bond by his blood-idea, seems to have been deleeted out of the story, as it does not really come into play, despite being a demonical idea, which could have been misused by Blofeld. Maybe he did? I don't really know, but I may have fallen asleep...

Overall, I find the movie much better than say Skyfall, better portraying Bond, and surely taking a bit of the much critisized Bond-must-have's to be regenerated in the new Spectre. Like the gun, the name, the Super-villan, the drink, and some other aspects.

Overall well done, but seems a bit too quick done with regards to the subjects I mentioned in the above, but absolutely well worth seeing.

I shall therrefore recommend it to any Bond fan, as well as people in general.

Looking forward to the NeXT Bond movie, if there will be any?

Format-wise, I really don't like the lack of quality in the sound of the Imax format, which is a joke. But the Picture of the other hand, is absolutely great, and shines through with very high resolution and sharpness.

Cheers,

Jacques.

ps: WHO placed that net Bond landed in, in the end, after freeing the (boring) girl? Blofeld? Nah, as he wanted to kill Bond. So who?

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

The construction/demolition company so loose masonry didn't fall on workers in the lobby. It's quite usual to see netting on construction sites in the UK.

Evora NA

The descale department at the mining company I used to work for in WA also use netting around difficult descale jobs to protect scale from falling. Common practice now.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.