free hit
counters
Evora 400 Colors - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Colors

AK70

• Gold FFM

Ah, wasn't sure as grey/black can look similar depending on the conditions.

Only thing really worrying me at the moment is the number of demo cars with 2-4,000 miles on them at £10k off list

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can't imagine why that would worry anyone but the dealer selling the car on but that's not unusual for a demo to be at such a discount in this price range.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I can't imagine why that would worry anyone but the dealer selling the car on but that's not unusual for a demo to be at such a discount in this price range.

Because somebody considering purchasing a new car for the first time in their life does not like the idea of it being worth £10k less with a thousand miles on the clock!

(Yes, the sensible answer is buy the cheaper one to begin with, but I haven't yet seen one that I like)

James Martin (JayEmm)

11 minutes ago, JayEmm said:

Because somebody considering purchasing a new car for the first time in their life does not like the idea of it being worth £10k less with a thousand miles on the clock!

(Yes, the sensible answer is buy the cheaper one to begin with, but I haven't yet seen one that I like)

Or talk to a dealer about discounts available on new! :P

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

Or talk to a dealer about discounts available on new! :P

I did, the answer was no! So if you have any insider info feel free to PM me!

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

Try another dealer :)

10k on an 80k car is not a bad drop.

Try taking a full spec BMW 6 or 7 series out, a top spec E Merc a Range Rover or other similarly priced cars. You'd be lucky to just lose 10k....

Very very few cars give you even break even out of the showroom door. It's just a fact of life and why I stopped buying new cars. Just did not see the sense in working my butt off to then just throw 20k, 30k straight on the fire which is 40k-60k in gross earnings.

If you want new, just do it. If not, compromise and get a demo. Cracking cars any which way you look at it.

3 years old, well loved, with small mileage and at 40-45k they're absolute belters :)

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Oh for sure but BMW offer decent discounts on their new vehicles.

In any case there'll likely be something new (to me) coming my way soon

James Martin (JayEmm)

11 hours ago, Trevsked said:

Not that you can tell much from the pic but this is a Pearl White.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks.  Wow, it does look exactly like Metallic White in the picture.   Thanks.

• Gold FFM

Am I being dense or is there some confusion regarding the yellow on these cars?

I have seen several dealers call the yellow paint "metallic", but it doesn't look it to me. Also, the website doesn't help as it lists "Solid yellow" in the configurator, and "Metallic yellow" in the paint options list!

James Martin (JayEmm)

• Gold FFM

The website and configurator is so bad I'm convinced it was done by a Porsche employee as a homer....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

A decent configurator starts at £300k... 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

5 minutes ago, Bibs said:

And JMG should ask DRB for a t £500k to get a good one, or ask DRB to guarantee a small line of credit it is worth the investment.

15 hours ago, Bibs said:

A few points...

1. I don't know how I can say this with enough emphasis...  but capital letters will have to do.   THE INTERNET IS EVERYTHING NOW!!!!  If people can't fall in love with it on their computer screen FIRST, they are not getting out of their chair or off the couch to come to the dealer. 

2. Personally, I say Lotus shouldn't be afraid to invest in themselves and get a super fancy configurator framework that will be a one time cost, benefiting all models for the company going forward for the foreseeable future.

3. If that kind of money is impossible, at least produce a simple menu of HTML radio buttons that people can click on to add (or subtract conflicting choices), then show 1080P quality pics OF EACH OPTION in EACH COLOR at the very least.

Lotus, you are asking customers to GUESS what they 'think they will maybe like' on the car.  Few people have the gumption to gamble on $80-100k $USD.  They will just click the back button to whatever vehicle & manufacturer they were considering previously.  They will be gone before you ever got the chance to help them fall in love with your product.  

I for one am nervous about the wheel color I chose.  I never got to see 2 pictures side by side of the wheel options on various colors and choose which I liked..  I just have to hope I don't hate it when it shows up.  That is a terrible feeling.  I might end up spending $1,000 to get them powder-coated...   all because Lotus is a little stingy on taking pictures.  :-/

edit--  1 quick add to this.  I am sure Lotus wants to win over the newest generation of drivers.  The younger crowd only knows life with the web, and they WILL ABSOLUTELY JUDGE the quality of your product and your company by the website.

Edited by hyteck9
  • Like 2

• Gold FFM

On the subject of configurators, I remember going online and doing a Porsche configurator for the 996 - that's about fifteen years ago.

IT won't cost much to do a proper Lotus configurator, they don't have enough models or options. The current one is a bad joke as it's not even remotely accurate.

I think for brands like Ferrari it's not important, because the people buying those have already made up their mind, but for Lotus who have a lot of customers who can't even see one for real (eg. most of the USA) it's pretty important.

Also, like video games, the online configurators might help the youth of today establish Lotus as a dream car - this might not bring them much money now, but it brings kudos and future customers. Perhaps an easy option to make your spec into a wallpaper for your laptop/PC? You can do it in a lot of video games now.

James Martin (JayEmm)

Hoping that the customer (cough, cough!  ;) ) asking about ordering a 400 in Lamborghini Ithaca Verde brings his plan to fruition. I t was a colour I had inquired about having done myself a while back before I bought the Aston instead. It would look epic on the car in my opinion!

2 hours ago, Colin G said:

Hoping that the customer (cough, cough!  ;) ) asking about ordering a 400 in Lamborghini Ithaca Verde brings his plan to fruition. I t was a colour I had inquired about having done myself a while back before I bought the Aston instead. It would look epic on the car in my opinion!

I could get behind that . . . after driving a loaner S in a more Porsche-type color I became convinced that Verde Ithaca was the right choice for me. Would be nice to see it on a 400--just for future reference, of course.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Colin G said:

Bloody lippy Lotus dealers! That poor customer will have to go and order something else now.

Edited by JayEmm
  • Like 1

James Martin (JayEmm)

3 hours ago, Colin G said:

Isn't that just a Lamborghini 'copy' of the exceptional, best ever, Elise colour, Toxic Green?