free hit
counters
THE SALE- Accidental purchases - Events - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
andydclements

THE SALE- Accidental purchases

Maybe this should have been a seperate thread, mods, please move if you think so. [Done and Done - Kimbers]

So, who got the biggest haul of "slight errors", in the many 100s of parts picked, most if not all were based on the number quoted on the bag/ wrapper at time of receipt (circa 1990 on average I guess).

In the cold light of day (late today, morning didn't happen after that drive home), amongst the items I bought were 2 high level brake lights (was going to mod the hatches of the S3 & TE to fit them) and 1 roof capping rail for Esprit. I got 2 switches (think they're reset switched for the fuel system) and capping rail for an Excel (or Eclat, can't tell imediately). All numbered as the parts that were expected.

I think, considering the volume picked in the time it was picked, the fact that these parts were labled quite some time ago, it's a small error rate. I probably would have spotted it, but Kris was helping to load and get away as fast as possible, as most of us who were still there at 5pm.

Oh yes, anyone want a Excel cap rail? No? Maybe I'l have to buy a car to fit it to.

No Kimbers, I will not buy a car to fit it to, and get you to "look after" the Turbo Esprit.

Andy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As per the main 'THE SALE' thread, a few of us ended up with parts we have found to have been a bit different than expected. Either we got carried away and didn't check the application properly, or somewhere, in the years they have sat in stores, they have picked up the wrong part number sticker.

In the spirit of the event how about we offer these up to those on the forum who can make use of them (at sales price or 'swap' of course!).

I will start it off with my biggest purchase mistake.

ON OFFER :huh:

I ordered a tailgate assy- basic type, as applied on the early Stephens NA cars (no glass on the butresses). Hoped to use this on my track car project. What I took home was one for the SE turbo, complete with the embossed position on the butresses to take the large sheet of glasss, and the holes to take the spoiler. If any one needs the glass to go in it, I can help with that as well (used) for a 'lower than sales price' sum. The tailgate is (obviously) new, unpainted and in generally good shape (some minor scratches and dust)

WOULD LIKE :D

Used parts in exchange that I can help stock ESPRITism.com with! Alternatively, parts you bought and found you don't need (but I may). Failing that (if you really honestly don't have some parts to swap), come and get it (from Milton Keynes) and its yours for the

Hi All,

This may be in the wrong place and there may already be a section for this sort of request so, mods, please move it as required...

I was after one of the heater panels for an early Stevens car in the sale. It's the one with the Lotus logo and heater controls - but without ac controls). Unfortunately, they were all snapped up so I am hoping that someone bought one in the excitement of the moment who doesn't need one and would sell it to me!

Anyone?

Richard

personally i think your being a bit tight

I think that letting kimbers and I to look after the esprits while you drive the Europa is the best thing for the cars, I mean what could go wrong. We're responsible adults and it does the carsgood to be driven. B)

As I said in the sale thread, parts arrived.

And.... :( , I seem to have goofed, at least by part no.

Two wrong items :

Windowswitch ( V8 i guess ) pn A082M6351F 2 pcs

Spoiler-Lowerlip ( v8 as well ? ) pn A082B6207S

Anyone interested please pm me. Cost : as bought...I hope...

Olaf S400 project www.esprits4.de

shapeimage_1.jpg

Olaf, those are window switches from around 89, and thats a sport 300 lower lip I beleive.

Hi,

Switches I am with you, I checked my parts manual for the S300, that pn is different. I believe SE....

shapeimage_1.jpg

big thanks to Gooner,i ordered some alloys and they came straight away ,unfortunatly one centre cap was missing but Gooner sorted it straight away ( Top Man )

I'll take the window switches :(

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I'll take the window switches :D

:lol: Oops, I have 2 of the same type of window switches bought by mistake. They were the flat rocker type if there's a swap with anyone??

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

:D Oops, I have 2 of the same type of window switches bought by mistake. They were the flat rocker type if there's a swap with anyone??

Same as me or the Vauxhall switch type ? PIX ?

shapeimage_1.jpg

Guys

I went for an S2.2 owners handbook and ended up with..................... one for what looks like a Stephens NA. Anyone need it? It's brand spanking new... Lotus Part No FO85T0324Z

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

Drop me a PM

Regards

Mat

post-1-0302470001278592957.jpg