free hit
counters
Does any one know this car? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Does any one know this car?

Stuno1

As per the title.... Does anyone know it? I am quite taken with the colour. Also, does anyone know how long it has been for sale for? What elements of the car does the 'front' armour fend protection cover and finally.... What would be a reasonable price for the car? I am still trying to work out values!!!

http://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/usedcars/cardetail/100006581/Lotus/EVORA

stu

Edited by Stuno1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As per the title.... Does anyone know it? I am quite taken with the colour. Also, does anyone know how long it has been for sale for? What elements of the car does the 'front' armour fend protection cover and finally.... What would be a reasonable price for the car? I am still trying to work out values!!!

http://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/usedcars/cardetail/100006581/Lotus/EVORA

stu

Erm, have you thought about asking B&C how long it has been for sale and what the armourfend covers?

As for the price - it's worth what someone will pay for it! I would suggest that as you posted without putting down a deposit first, you don't consider that to be a steal! They sell cars for a living - they are not going to go off in a huff and tell you never to darken their doors again if you make too low an offer - but if they accept your first offer, you probably offered too much!

Possibly the last colour I would choose, so I guess it would limit the market when you come to sell.

If it were metallic then it would be high up there on my choice of colour.

Wow, your budget just shot up sharply didn't it Stu? You've got the itch bad my man! :D

All personal taste of course, but not a colour for me, could see that being a real nightmare to sell on if you decided to.

I can understand the colour comments but I really like it. Budgets are funny like that?

Clearly I will need to see the car in the metal and see the colour before finalising any deal. 

Edited by Stuno1

Their job is actually selling cars to people who might want to buy them  -if you have the funds, how are you wasting their time?

I  don't really think you need to have a reason for the price you offer - it is what YOU think it's worth. If they disagree you may have to raise your offer or walk away.

But if it helps I found two similarl spec cars, and then based my offer on how the target compared to those in terms of mileage age etc. I got 6% off the asking price but aa my first offer was accepted that was probably still too high.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Is it not new. I mean it looks like it's just ready to go the paint shop. Do you get to choose the colour or is it just anything from the Dulux gloss range?

Sorry, I know you want one, but I could not live with that colour. However, if it is what you like/want, go for it. As for value, as what others have said, it is worth what you want to pay for it and what the seller we accept. As said before, there are so few about it is hard to fix a price.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

You're allowed to like what you like mate, none of us are going to own the car and have to look at it in the garage if you buy it!

It sold once certainly, if you buy it then it's sold again so it will sell. It's just a marmite colour, that doesn't mean no-one is allowed to like it! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Haha, it don't mean shit damn Stuno. My wife loves Marmite. I puke when I smell it. But we both get along just fine.

You buy that Evora, I might not like the colour, you might not likee my red one. But we'll  get along just fine ;)

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The grey B&C car was previously one of their demonstrators and does look stunning in the 'fibreglass' ;) As been mentioned Jamie is very approachable and will do what he can to help out, give him a call Stuart!

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Another thumbs up for Jamie. Give him a bell or a call-vill and he'll sort you out. Worse case, you have a brilliant afternoon in the sun in an Evora. The colour isn't the worst though. Theres a couple of moderators on here with Ardent red. So I wouldn't pay attention ;) Plus it then clashes with their forum name colours. :D 

• Like 1

Is it not new. I mean it looks like it's just ready to go the paint shop. Do you get to choose the colour or is it just anything from the Dulux gloss range?

Sorry, I know you want one, but I could not live with that colour. However, if it is what you like/want, go for it. As for value, as what others have said, it is worth what you want to pay for it and what the seller we accept. As said before, there are so few about it is hard to fix a price.

I never said it's worth what the seller will accept! They are almost always unrealistic due to fondness for the item and the flattery of salesmen on comission! Mine is special so worth a bit more,  I'm not giving it away etc.

Prices are set on the margin - I'd suggest as a buyer it is your job to set a new low! 

• Gold FFM

I'm not a great Evora fan and have no intention of buying one.  However, I have seen this one in the flesh at B&C and this would be the colour for me.  I turned down Jamie's offer of a test-drive because I was starting to like it too much.  The colour really sets it apart from other Evoras.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.