free hit
counters
The Lotus Magazine - Page 4 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Lotus Magazine

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I really wanted to call it Lotus World but out of respect for ^ the previous one, we stayed away from it. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

From memory Malcolm Ginsberg was the editor, it was printed by a company in Elmswell Suffolk.  Internal 'magazine' for Lotus staff.  Then Graham Arnold took it over and it became Lotus, the magazine of the Marque....only 5 editions...similar to Dany's magazine except in price 2/6p......12.5p!!!

Chipp, it was a publicity stunt by Graham Arnold the sales director at Lotus in the 60's.  The car is a Lotus 51 formula ford that was made road legal.  They also made a Lotus 61 in camouflage with a fake machine gun mounted on the front....those were the days.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

A little late to the party on this one, but I think Lotus Magazine is a great title, nice and simple, and I much prefer the second version of the cover. Defintely a good idea not to have gone with Lotus World; being an ex GT6 owner I know that there's the Triumph World magazine - I wouldn't want to get confused between the two :lol:. I'm up for subscribing!

Some additional thoughts - would be good to have some traditonal Lotus yellow and green, or red/white/gold, or black and gold or even Essex blue woven into the layout the magazine. You could have TL/Gold Leaf/JPS/Essex colour schemed special editions once in a while (I had thought about Martini green as well, but perhaps not). Maybe some kind of stylised Lotus "lozenge" device as well, a bit like when Lotus Racing was going, but subtly different to avoid trademark/copyright issues I guess unless you can get JMG/Lotus Car's blessing (I did like the style of the downloadable Lotus Racing Notes magazines). Key thing I think is is a clean and crisp presentation to the reader. Just ideas that have escaped from my head.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on the first edition.

Lotus Racing.JPG

Lotus Racing Lozenge.JPG

Edited by EuropaSman
Anyone want to be my proof reader? I clearly can't type!

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

I think this is a great idea, especially if it is along the lines of EVO magazine with Lotus only content.

I would be most interested in a magazine like this albeit with less focus on the female form and more

on the form of the Lotus cars themselves

Best of luck Bibs in this endeavor, and I look forward to the first issue

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Any updates on when the magazine will come out Bibs?

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• 8 months later...