free hit
counters
Donnington - Saturday or Sunday? = It's Sunday for LEF! - Page 2 - Events - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Donnington - Saturday or Sunday? = It's Sunday for LEF!

Going to have to be Saturday this year for me to. :D still better than not going at all.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like to go on the saturday as the elan boys and girls are really friendly, i spent more time there last year on the saturday than sunday, they got some crazy shite in there cars, and i used to own one so thats a bonus.

BIGSI - erm (ducks as the bullets fly) its not worth a whole weekend unless you have a stand or working there

BIBS - so you have a stand this year then,,,,OOOoooo CHECK YOU, fair play matey, just the club or selling things?

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Looking forward to seeing you all at Donington on 17/18 March and having a LEW stand in the hall for the first time. I'll no doubt sort the outside car parking arrangements with Bibs/PaulC over the next few weeks.

This year also for the first time we have track action on Saturday 17th with a Lotus trackday organised by Lotus-on-track. Contact them direct if you want to book a place. If you just want to see what Donington looks like from the cockpit there will be rides available in exchange for a small charity donation. See the Club Lotus website for more info.

The other good news is that the car auction company (who have progressively hoovered up most of the public tarmac parking over the past couple of years) have stopped trading and I'm told are no longer on site. I'm waiting for Donington to confirm how much extra parking will be available but it should be better than last year.

Hopefully most (all?) of you will have seen the colour feature on the Hethel trip in our latest Club mag. Great memories.

I'm off to Lipscomb Lotus - the new main dealers for Kent - tomorrow to take part in their attempted world record at Brands Hatch. It's all about getting 300+ Lotus' on the track. Forecast is sunny and if anybody's interested best to call them direct on 0845 338 9909.

I agree that Sunday is the 'traditional' LEF/LEW day, as there's always been the practicalities of having too many Lotus if both the Esprits and the M100 Elans turn up on the same day... although Alan's note suggests they may be able to bring us a whole new parking experience this year, which will be a very positive thing :P Please keep us posted, Alan.

I'm planning to drive up leisurely on Saturday, have a look at the Lotus car park, duck into the Grand Prix Collection for the rest of the afternoon, then check into some hotel nearby. I can then be there nice and early (well, 9:30 maybe :( ) for the Sunday meet'n'greet of the Esprits in the car park, take in the show, and then trundle home happy and in plenty of time for Top Gear.

Anyone know a decent hotel near there? OK, there's probably a dozen as it's next to an airport, but should we nominate one as the LEF hotel, so any members travelling from afar or doing both days can gravitate to the same bar on Saturday evening for an impromptu beer-hoon?

GKP - looks like you're staying over, care to publicise your haunt - or is this a romantic weekend away for you and Louise? :(:huh:

Dan

"He who dies with the most toys wins..."

• 2 weeks later...

I hope to be staying at the Holiday Inn Express at Nottingham Airport, right next to Donny on Friday and Saturday night if anyone's looking for somewhere to stay and fancies enjoy the delights of too much beer with me :)

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/925/en/hd/emlap?ias=y

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Have booked for the two nights at the above

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Bibs,

I will be up on the Sunday and as you will no doubt be doing your act as Short Order Chef in the Family tent,( with Pinkie as commis chef and waitress) I would like to place my order for :animier: Double Egg'n chips and a large cup of strong tea . Thank you.

Mike :popo:

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Try to arrive with the car in one piece this year please...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Try to arrive with the car in one piece this year please...

TWAS all in one piece last year Howard.................just one part was ever so slightly detached !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike :animier:

"Neglect not thy opportunities"

Martock ,Somerset. 1661

Bibs :)

I am booked in for saturday 17th at the above Holiday Inn. Doing the Sunday so count me in for bacon and egg roll and coffee very strong and 4 alka seltza.

I left a message with barman that a Mr A Betts will be running a tab.

Shall i bring a deck of cards or do you keep a set on you at all times???

See y'all there - can't wait 1st Esprit meet for me an all that!!!

Rog :)

2009 World Singstar Champion

No I don't like the Europa, Evora or Exos.

"Like a cockmonkey with 3 cocks."

SLEG_Rog.jpg

Good work Rog, I'll be sure to swap names on our cases before we settle the bill! :)

See ya there :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

i will be there sat, not sure about sunday (might go up just to see mike's lastest detachment LOL).

mate is coming to look at the elan's, as he might buy one. are we allowed special parking if we bring

the supra on sunday bahahaha.

OUR CURRENT COLLECITON :- MODIFIED LOTUS ESPRIT, FULL VEILSIDE SUPRA (BEAST 409.3bhp), NEW ADDITON TO THE TROOP, 1996 S CLASS MERC (FULLY PIMPED OUT, DUB EDITION)

Bibs,

I will be up on the Sunday and as you will no doubt be doing your act as Short Order Chef in the Family tent,( with Pinkie as commis chef and waitress) I would like to place my order for :( Double Egg'n chips and a large cup of strong tea . Thank you.

Mike :(

Sorry Mike,

Won't be there. Am busy that weekend. I will however be at Brands Hatch the following weekend. C U There.

Roger, Sorry I'm going to miss you at Donington, after you coming over again all the way from Germany. We'll catch up again soon.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

ok im still not sure whats what, prehaps i have just forgot, but im gonna need info so kelly can print it out for me to keep hold of.

do i have to buy a ticket for this< if i do where from and how much?

how much to stay at this holiday inn on the sat night please? as im coming home sunday afternoon/evening

and whats the numbers etc.

just need some info thats all :thumbup: then we can decide if im going or not.

thanks

advance booking for holiday inn was

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Have just booked Saturday night at the Holiday Inn Express, so I'll see you guys there :thumbup: . Prehaps we can have a mini convoy on Sunday morning to the show :cool: .

Bye

Martyn :rofl:

Kimbers,

too bad not to see you at Donington.

We stay in England for 10 days. Leaving germany on march, 14th.

We would have a look to the black Lotus Esprit V8 MY 2003 at Stratton Motor Company, but it`s sold now. I found another V8 on the internet at the Lotus dealer Lipscomb, Maidstone. Then going to Hethel and pick up some mercandise from the factory shop that I`ve ordered. Donington follows. We`re arriving friday evening an stay til monday. Next is the Lotus Parts Distribution Centre in Bristol and we go to SJ Sportscars in Crediton to visit Neil. We

still hoping someone can help me with getting there and back this weekend, like i said ont mind sharing fuel costs. i just am not able to drive that far yet on my own.

i will try and speak to bibs so i know exactly what is happening but im looking forward to meeting some of you guys finally.

Dammit, Didn't know that. Unfortunately Mothers day means mor to me as it means my wife gets the day off (as the mother of my kids) and I do all the housework, get kids ready for school etc.

So no Sunday for me either.

You sound as if you are after sympathy for the tasks of mothers day, well you have the Type-R to play with, so you shall recieve no sympathy at all, not none ever, ever, ever.

Just think you can drive to work in the best performance hot hatch on the road, screaming the engine to it's red line, hearing that induction and exhaust roar, as well as feel the car talk to you.

I say Mothers day is a small price to pay.