free hit
counters
Evora rarity. - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora rarity.

Colin G

Now that the first model Evora's production has come to an end, I was feeling a bit curious last night and decided to check the numbers on 'how many left' to see how many were in the UK. Although I'm not too sure how much stock you can put on their figures, it seemed to suggest just over 500 across all model types in the UK still registered. Kind of makes me wonder what the future holds as far as being able to get hold of nice ones, will they become like the TVR Sagaris and command daft prices etc? (Not that I've bought another in that hope)

It also made me realize just how amazingly lucky I've just been to find my new one in exactly the spec I wanted, according to the site there are only 18 S IPS SR's!!!! That can't be right can it?  What are the chances I'd have found another the same as I had wanted if I'd passed the one I bought up? Pretty blimmin' slim I'd imagine! Does leave me feeling even happier at the big dent that's just been put in my bank account buying it though.

:D

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

yeah....

I would read too much into their figures.....

my car doesnt exist......

I have 2011 LOTUS EVORA AUTO.....

according to their sheet....0.....and I know for a fact its taxed and insured......B-)

Edited by theelanman

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• Gold FFM

I think the issue is when it was made versus when it was registered, as, from reading on here, a lot of cars can be sold as 2012, 2013 etc but actually could be 2010, 2011 spec cars that were just hanging around waiting to be bought and then first registered.

I would hope the figure for total cars registered on the road and still in circulation would be accurate though.

To think, I have one of 500 cars in the UK, makes me feel quite privileged really, and being an NA 2+0 it will be quite rare as the majority of the cars made seem to be +2's.

As for prices. They do seem to be holding firm with retail low point / trade-in value being around £25k, which quickly jumps to £29k for a low mileage nice example in a private advert, and £30-£32k in a trade advert. So not too bad and the advent of the 400 at the top end, does not as yet seem to be pushing the lower end down. Maybe as production volumes increase? 

I'm quite happy with my 5 year old just now though, it was only last weekend two young boys shouted and pointed as I went past  -"wow, look at the Lambo, that's a Lambo isn't it!".  That's one of the great things about the Evora, especially over a Cayman/911, it's just so rare to see one so people are curious and don't know what it is...

Edited by C8RKH
  • Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

The 'How Many Left' figures are taken directly from DVLA database and so it depends what was recorded at the time of registration. If the dealer registered an 'S' without specifying 'S'  on the registration  form it will not be recoirded as an 'S'. Check your V55 - there is not a box for Automatic Transmission - DVLA doesn't care and so it will not show up in the figures unless 'IPS' is included in the 'Model' (box D.3 on the V55).

Hope that helps.

Apparently I have an Evora 4 V6

• Like 1

Mike S

I didn't think the details would be overly accurate, thanks for that info. They're definitely a rare sight on UK roads though, I turn in to a big kid every time I spot one with all my pointing and stupid big grin. Right now I seem to spot the matt black one up where I live at least every two weeks having said that, and I spend most of my time at work in England. :lol:

Your Evora is so rare it doesn't even exist! :o:lol:

Great selling point!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I am sure due to the nature there are so few residuals will be pretty good. It will be interesting to see how good. As always the higher the spec the better the car should retain value. I bought my isf (one of just over 200) 2 years ago and sold it this year for 500 more than I paid for it. That was a rare car with. Good reputation as well. 

• Gold FFM

Nice. I always like to hear of people who have had depreciation free, or positive, driving experiences. Shows it can be done if you buy the right car, at the right time, and sell it right too.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I love the fact that it's a rare car etc.

There's a bit of me though, that finds it intensely annoying.  Massively so.

I've said this before, but it is a complete mystery to me as to why this car didn't sell better than it did.  And it pisses me off.  A lot.

• Like 2

my neighbour has done the same a few times now

had one of the first of the Merc SLK, then one of the first Porche Cayenne then one of the first Porsche Panamera

he managed to sell all of those for a profit.......altho' he only ever had them for about 12~18months....and I think they sold on novelty/rarity as they were still new cars and they had waiting lists if you wanted one.........

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

I suppose even with the scarcity of the cars, we should always be ok for parts etc with the use of the Toyota engine and box, would there be a lot of parts not including bodywork/interior that are very original Evora specific? Anyone know what the sales figures were like on the last Europa? I don't think that was a very good seller, was it?

Oh, and I only made profit ever on one car. A BMW 2012 Z4 which I traded in after 6 weeks against my first Evora. I never even used the first tank of petrol I put in the BMW before getting rid, worst car I ever bought!

• 3 weeks later...