free hit
counters
IPB 4.1 - Page 4 - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The old TLF had a circle for topics you had not read and a star symbol for topics you had posted in. I don't think that has changed? Clicking on the topic title always took you to the first post.

View New Content has in that you only see what you have not read as yet. However, I am pretty sure you could set up the old TLF like that as well. If you use All Aactivity like Bibs has said, you will continue to see all topics, read or not.

To solve the problem of going to members profiles instead of the next unread post, don't click on their avatar.

Easy.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It won't stop you posting in italics either!

it comes back when you get a green tick here.........

@Bibs Wow I think thats a great feature!   Buddsy

Posted Images

All this talk is completely alien to me as I'm still surfing the way I did before so it is interesting there are so many ways to get around.  I have always gone to the Forums home page as my login (which is why I sometimes miss things on the more public front end) and looked to see what Forums were in bold showing unread items.  I have then clicked on the circle/star to get to last post.  I naively thought everybody did that just because I did!  :o Well, it works for me and I do most surfing from a laptop or full sized computer to be fair.  Only use the phone under duress or stuck in airports.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Has the Members Map gone with the upgrade? :unsure: I have tried a quick search and it didn't jump at me or the search engine and I can't find it poking about he various links.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Just awaiting the developer getting it up to date. Looking at the comments on the files over at IPS (here) I wouldn't hold your breath though! That's why I try to avoid 3rd party add-ons if I can, we lost the members garage for about 18 months once waiting and that was a paid add-on too! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 1 month later...

Just noticed that the icons on the editor bar are pretty mixed up. "link" is a "settings gear", "Emoticons" is a link symbol , as is "align right", etc.

Any idea when that will be fixed?

Unbenannt.png

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Do a hard refresh mate, should be working just fine... 

http://refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

OK, solved. Never saw it before...

• Like 1

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• 2 months later...

We're now on 4.1.9.  

New or Changed Features

When your link auto-embeds in a post such as with an image, YouTube video, Twitter link, etc. an option will now display to revert the embed back to a plain text link if you do not want the embed.

New setting to disable embedding.

Facebook/Twitter integration improvements

If you are an administrator and encounter a system error, additional debug output will now display. Regular members will see the normal error message.

Custom Fields for Support Requests in Commerce now show on the front-end.

If an advertisement is set up with a main image, but not smaller images for tablets/mobiles, the ad would not show at all on tablets/mobiles. This has changed so the main image will display on all devices unless smaller images are provided.

Topics scheduled to automatically lock or unlock will now reflect this in the topic listing and when viewing the topic.

Placing a link to a Facebook status will embed when possible.

When viewing a report, the container (for example, the forum) the content is from is displayed.

Three character searches are now allowed in the Admin CP Live Search.

The Account Settings page now uses vertical rather than horizontal tabs to prevent overflow.

If Gravatar is enabled, and a user has not defined an profile photo, then their email address will be used to fetch from Gravatar unless explicitly set not to.

Gfycat embeds now use their oEmbed endpoint rather than their JS API.

Using Amazon CloudFront as https provider will now be recognized as valid secure connection.

The member REST API endpoint will now return custom fields.

The Developer Center for Plugins now shows the filename in the list of hooks, and when editing a hook, a breadcrumb includes a link back to the list.

Inline notifications can now be dismissed

Efficiency improvements to the search index

You can now close a poll independently of the topic

Important Fixes

In addition to dozens of smaller fixes this release includes fixes for the follow items that impacted many clients:

Several security enhancements.

The posting parser has been made more efficient.

Some BBCode does not parse correctly in version 4 and we have applied some fixes for this. In general BBCode is deprecated so we only provide basic support.

Sitemaps could sometimes be blank if there was no content in a specific section.

Certain URLs from version 3 were not redirecting properly to the new version 4 format.

The timezone detection is now more robust and will more gracefully fail if it cannot determine a visitor's timezone.

Permission matrices have been reworked to send less data to prevent exceeding server limitations.

Decimal handling has been reworked in Commerce for more precise calculations.

The database class now handles InnoDB deadlocks more gracefully, and some queries have been changed to reduce the likeliness of deadlocks.

Performance improvements to areas which perform large updates on the members table (for example, when editing permissions).

Pages 'number' custom fields previously had an upper limit for submitted values around 2 billion.

Multiple fixes for tag searching

Evora NA

Still having some bother with the activity streams if I'm being honest. Particularly 'content I posted in' which used to pull up all of the threads I've posted in, then it just took forever to load, now it shows just some of the pictures I've posted?

:question:

Yes I have tried a 'hard refresh' of my cache!

• 2 weeks later...

Just upgraded...

This is a maintenance release to fix reported issues and add refinement to existing features. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, it includes following new/changed features:

• Instant notifications are now dismissible.
  • The sidebar has been added back to the stream pages.
  • You can now sort by most downloaded in Downloads app.
  • The ModeratorCP and AdminCP IP Address Tools now allow you to track the IP addresses used to vote in polls.
  • A new setting has been added to disable the RSS feed for activity streams.
  • A new setting has been added to specify the minimum display name length.
  • Adds a new "can unban" moderator permission separate to the "can edit profiles" permission being used previously.
  • IP addresses now show in reports.
  • There is now a constant-level setting to disable the ACP IP address check in case of being locked out of the ACP.
  • Several improvements to Commerce to make some features clearer: the Shipping Rates configuration pages now indicate to the admin if a potential mistake has been made, the front-end indicates to admins if no support departments have been set up, and the renewal settings wording has been clarified.

Evora NA

Lots of wonkiness apparent now. Can't edit posts. No drop down on the Moderator Move function. Multiple notification emails received for a single thread post..? Probably some more things I haven't encountered yet.

:unsure:

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

As Alan says. 

Double posts, and a complete inability to edit posts. Which can be a problem as I've just blamed him for the problems with my condensers, and I've heard he gets a bit punchy when people question his parts-tracking ability.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

And he's really good at driving - my gosh he can whip an esprit round a roundabout really nicely :sofa:

Only here once

I reckon it's a thick client issue.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

FYI we've got a very clever server engineer currently doing some in depth fine tuning on the server to make sure it's at optimum performance and the security is all up to date - just in case you see the odd error this evening. 

Evora NA

He can buy a lot of it! It's quite expensive but I think well worth it :)

Evora NA

• 2 weeks later...

Now on 4.1.11.

This is a small maintenance release to fix a few issues reported in 4.1.10. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, it includes following new/changed features:

• Integration with SparkPost replaces Mandrill for optional email service as Mandrill is stopping their current service toward the end of April.
  • Questions in Question and Answer forums can now be sorted by most votes.
  • The "All Activity" activity stream now has an RSS feed.
  • The filter bar at the top of the activity stream no longer sticks to the stop of the screen when scrolling.
  • If you receive a browser notification your notification menu will now reload to get the latest notification.
  • More consistent visual feedback when a post submit or edit is processing to reduce duplicates.
  • Sidebar widgets now how rounded corners to match rest of Suite.
  • Recaptcha style is now a per-theme setting.
  • You can now set which theme should be the default for the AdminCP separate to which should be the default for the front-end.

Evora NA

The big takeaway that will make the difference to us is the integration of Sparkpost via its API. We were using Mandrill but they've priced themselves out of the transactional email market so we were early adopters of Sparkpost instead. Since this was being done via PHP rather than the API whenever you clicked 'submit reply' it was communicating with Sparkpost to send those 'there's a new reply' emails and taking quite a while, especially on threads with lots of subscribers, each email taking a new PHP process. Now Sparkpost is effectively part of the forum software, it's instant when you reply :)

Evora NA