free hit
counters
Carbon fibre engine cover - Page 4 - V6 Exige Projects & Upgrades - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Carbon fibre engine cover

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

But you don't need to quote someone if your post is the next one in the thread. That's like repeating back what someone said to you every time you talk back to them. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 6 months later...

Thanks, as suggested they just pulled off.  As a note to anyone else, be careful that the metal clip connected to the cover doesn't come off and fall in to your engine bay!

Need to decide whether I:

1. Buy the carbon covers

2. Try the dipping myself

3. Pay someone else to do the dipping

Will let you know how I get on.

Cheers, Simon

Another question. How many of the ball-ended studs are there installed on engines with the top cover? I can only see 2 on my engine, which of course came without any cover. See pic

Q59B2371.jpg

I can see a couple of extra tapped holes in the valve cover that might be for extra studs, one of which can be seen in this pic between the S/C and the black ribbed conduit, just to the right of centre.