free hit
counters
Shame these Esprit's can't be saved - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Shame these Esprit's can't be saved

march

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Topics now merged by an anonymous moderator. :) 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So out of curiosity I pinged an HPI check on the P plated V8.  It was declared a Cat C writeoff by its insurer on 30th December 2013.  So its been lurking a while.

More curiously a further damaged condition insertion was made by an insurer to its record on 17th August this year...  

Not taxed since 2004 and no record of any MOT's on mot-history.net and it's had another insurance claim? Shadier than a palm tree!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

When you say shadier, do you mean the guy or that the cars may be suspect? I have just asked a question about some bits on the S4.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

On 10/29/2015, 3:30:44, Bibs said:

He had a yellow V8 for ages running around on a C or D plate. This was because it had assumed the identity of a parted out Turbo as the V8 had been Cat B written off IIRC! 

Great guy to deal with! :blink:

^ There's a clue! 

Evora NA

Do you mean he has swapped rego plates if I understand you correctly?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Threads have been merged but the moderator used the wrong thread title during the process.

Evora NA

So here's a great 3 point business plan:

Step 1. I invest a considerable amount of my hard earned into 3 broken supercars

Step 2. I advertise the parts to a very limited number of owners whose business I need

Step 3. I ignore emails and phone calls from customers, which prompts them to post negative comments on a forum which 90% of my potential customers read

This guy should be on The Apprentice... 

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

:lol:

I'd be surprised if that considerable amount is far into 4 figures! 

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Just noticed on fleebay this morning. Three new adverts for Esprits for part's. 1 V8 and two S4's. Sad end to cracking good motor's.

Topics merged. :) 

Heads up, chaps -

"Sorry not replied sooner, I am limited and hard pressed for time, storey of my life. Being honest I am hoping that someone will buy the whole car, this is a Cat C car so has limited appeal to most but could make a usuable car. If that does not happen them I really need shot of the bigger ticket items, such as engine and drivetrain before I get the spanners out. I'll put you on the to do list and get some betetr photos done of the parts."

Margate Exotics.

That person is probably me, I did enquire about the entire vehicle or at least, everything that is left a couple of days ago, he said he wanted 12-14k for it as it is currently, i've been thinking of making a much lower offer on it, but they don't seem particularly reputable (even for a scrap dealer) which does make em think twice.

On 03/11/2015, 07:25:39, Simon350S said:

Ahh Nick, how I remember my trip to buy a glacier blue S3T (SE) off of him back in the day.

Not ever heard a good word about him.

I believe that's the TE sitting on my driveway at the moment.

Guys,

I have been a right dick on a few occasions , granted - although remember there are two sides to those times, i just choose not to state mine so public - but been ok on countless others

Many of my esprits , and I have had 50 odd, have been poor examples, checkered history but all have been "proper" in terms of paperwork etc.

Bibs reference, and quite right to point out, to a Yellow V8 i had, yes it was registered as a d plate car, but it passed a VIC check, where it had the number plate assigned to it , had at least 2 MOT's in my time with generic main dealers after that time as well, and did have all the matching numbers on the V5. Granted perhaps the car should have been on a q plate - but that was not me to deem that.

If i really am being a tit then please constructively tell me, my number is 07899 826797, my email address is warrennick@hotmail.com.

As for prices, then I would believe that a complete running V8 Cat C car is worth that kind of money as a haggle point

Regards

Nick

Nick, thanks for the response, and don't take this the wrong way, but you need to either shit, or get off the pot. Are you breaking or selling them complete? Either way if fine, but it would save those of us interested in parts from pestering you.

Margate Exotics.