free hit
counters
Shame these Esprit's can't be saved - Page 3 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Shame these Esprit's can't be saved

march

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I've not purchased from Nick (I was making my mind up and somebody got in there before me) but Nick was fine to deal with and met at the arranged time, was fine with a test drive etc without some need for cash deposit or anything silly. I cannot comment on the experience of others but do think to be fair those who've dealt with somebody and found them fine should post, else it simply becomes a list of negative views without context of proportion of numbers.

Nick. My dealing was that light blue TE with SE underneath. Purchased from Richard (if I recall correctly) who beat me to it before giving up on the project and selling to me. 

Well, respect is due for coming onto the forum Nick.

Its just a shame that we Esprit owners should even start to form a poor opinion of your services in the first place. Hopefully future encounters will be better.

I agree with Ian - if you want to sell the Esprits complete then get them on eBay as damaged repairable and see what interest there is. Otherwise you will just keep getting enquiries for parts that you don't want to take off.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Thanks guys and yes sorry I have been sitting on the fence over the cars, and yes I cheaply listed them as parts rather than cars to save me the £14 quid a car.

I am a bit headless chicken and am very disorganised, that does not hellp

Although registered as a business seller, lancia4wd and working with a friend, fleebagmonkeyface I work full time in IT, and then have to split my time up between family, work and eBay. I am not in the car business at all.

i have several Esprits still, many TVR's and some Lancia Montecarlos and Grales / EVO and try to maintain as best i can.

Yes i would ideally like to sell whole in the hope that they wil see the road again, i am sorry to everyone who i have put off over smaller items

As for the Yellow Turbo

It is a Cat C car, VIC check all done so have V5 with it.

It has not run or moved for 6 months, I would expect it to run though

THe glass roof has been repaced by a fixed panel, rifgr side petrol filler cap has been stuck in / fixed, V8 rear spolier added to rear.

Drivers side door mirror broken - along with side repeater.

When I first brought the car SJ sportcars picked it up and while did no formal report were not impressed, but of course it is a non concours cat C car, so while valuable feedback is not that reflective of where the car sits in the world.I would imagine an independant garage bill in the order of £3k to rerurb brakes / suspension / engine, tidy up bodywork - a diy bill would be £1k at a guess, bearing in mind to make it a usuable car to reflect what it is.

I have purchased a good set of non standard 17/18 V8 wheels and tyres to fit to it but have never got it father than sat back here.

The lift out roof is missing and a crude fibeglass panel is in its place. Repairs to the fuel tank / tanks have been attempted and additional holes cut into bodywork, the fuel tanks or pipework may or may not need further repairs or replacement. The drivers side wing mirror is damaged, and so is the drivers side indicator. One of the fuel filler flpas has been stuck onto the body, with filler.

There is no reason why the car cannot run, however I would suggest servicing and sorting fuel tanks before serious use.

It has been involved in an accident in the past, Cat C, still needs to have a Vehicle Identify Check / VIC performed before a V5 will be issued

As for the V8

AS at today :-

"Cat C, flood damage, VIC checked , V5

It turns over but does not start, it does not appear to be the fuel pump cut off switch, but it may well be the alarm system, it does not have a remote fob but have tried deadlocking and then opening using the key. Think I may not be waving the little dangling thing on the keyring in the right place - around the gear stick is where I believe the sensor is.

It has quite a bit of rust underneath on suspension / pipeworks / brakes etc. There is an oil leak around left side Turbo.

The red hose clutch pipe is leaking at front under the boot floor, but the master and slave cylinders look serviceable

It has 37009 recorded miles"

As for the S4

its again a CAT C car, VIC check V5 - needs front shell, history with that

Yes i would ideally like to sell whole in the hope that they wil see the road again, i am sorry to everyone who i have put off over smaller items

• Gold FFM

Cat c or not - the car would still look superb from the kerb.....

hats off nick - now pass on that motor to a driver - don't break it.....that's British heritage there

Only here once

I agree the V8 does look tempting, especially as outwardly it looks so good. The big problem is that it's been flood damaged and then stood around. That could mean years of chasing down electrical glitches with water potentially having been in every circuit and control unit. Probably one of the reasons the alarm electronics are up the spout...

This all assumes that it wasn't running when it went into the flood, which could also easily have trashed the engine too.

It would need to be very cheap to make it worth taking the risk and even then you'd have to be prepared for a very long haul sorting it out. 

My Dad was in the car recovery business for years and I've seen plenty of cars that have come out of rivers and canals. After a few days they look just like any other undamaged car but the damage is hidden. They often smell pretty awful too!

For anyone considering getting it back on the road I'd say don't be fooled by how good it looks. In many ways, weirdly the S4 is a safer bet because although it looks much worse, at least you can see what you're dealing with...

Approach with caution and a large contingency fund!

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Nick for the sake of simplicity - how much are you looking for on each one of these??

might well assist you in shifting them - this must surely be the best place to move them on.

Only here once

2 minutes ago, tinywillyuk said:

Still tempted by the V8...  but price would need to be very right and if its flooding, loads potentially to do such as new fuel tanks..

Hmmm

Simon, I give you

In retrospect I would have happily sold all of my four children to arab slave traders to get my car back on the road. I absolutely and completely love and adore it. The V8 is one amazing piece of BRITISH engineering and with monoblocs and in Lotus Racing Green it is in humble opinion the best Esprit (kill me now Turbo owners!)

*** DISCLAIMER ***

My children have actually gone to really nice homes :zorro:

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Thing is I already have an S4 in Lotus Racing Green..  and I really think I'd struggle to convince SWMBO that I need another near identical.   Or I could pretend it's the same car and she's just getting confused?

Would be nice to line them up next to each other though.

• Like 1

Just now, tinywillyuk said:

Thing is I already have an S4 in Lotus Racing Green..  and I really think I'd struggle to convince SWMBO that I need another near identical.   Or I could pretend it's the same car and she's just getting confused?

Would be nice to line them up next to each other though.

Is she of the right age to convince her that her eyesight is going and that she is seeing double?

Simon, believe me that a V8 is nowhere near identical to a four pot. Get the right exhaust, upgrade the gearbox/diff in time and bang that red ECU chip in and man...

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Hi Stuart,

Not sure of the confusion:- i have sold the car, complete in the hope that it is saved - I believe they will update the rear lights on it and put Novas on the car hense my comment about i expect parts will appear for sale at some point by another person

Regards

Nick

Confusion cleared up by statement that you have sold the car-so thanks for that!

If you can pass on my details to the new owner that would be super. I can give him a quick sale of the parts to fund his resto.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Andy  - what did you try and buy from me ?

I decided the not break the cars, that kind of got thumbs up on here, i am planning LS3 / Audi 6 speed conversions on both the cars, I do not need engines, gearboxes, driveshafts, and I can lose some interior.

I am not breaking the cars, if a collective wished to get together and buy the V8 for £12k and the S4 for £9.5k and then they choose to break the cars then that is fine by me, be it the general view was save before destroy.

I listened to the forum, I acted.

I have responded to every new enquiry about interior and engines, but everyone seems to feel I need to give it away for £2.50.

If the forum suggest some relistic figures and i get the sales I wil happily give £100 to a charity or contribution to the forum upkeep

I am dammed if i do on here and dammed if i dont.

Regards