free hit
counters
Esprit SE - Page 2 - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, franjipane said:

Gearbox didn't crunch at all in the 20 minutes I had in the car, no doubt it will come back but it drove like a champ.  There are other issues to take care of but I'm well happy with it.  Zoomed past one group of pedestrians who's jaws instantly hit the pavement when they saw it, quite different from driving my BMW 320 diesel haha.

Are you after a second SE or is it a different colour?

I do hope it turns out to be an easy fix!

I'm not really after a second Esprit, especially since I don't even have the garage space for one at the moment. My previous one was the same Calypso Red, and it does stand out more than Silver Frost. I would prefer a black interior though, mine was 2-tone with red. As it happens I was also in the neighborhood, spending the weekend in England. So would have been very tempting, had I known. I'm sure this is the best outcome for both of us. -)

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hand up here, i bought it, i'm preparing the £18k advert on auto-trader as we speak Just kidding, i'm going to live with and look after both this and the black turbo for a while. Pics coming

It'll be synchro.

I do hope it turns out to be an easy fix! I'm not really after a second Esprit, especially since I don't even have the garage space for one at the moment. My previous one was the same Calypso Red

Those after a bargain, there's a beautiful pacific blue SE on eBay - bit high miles, but it was up for 7000 GBP yesterday. I'm still kicking myself after missing a Calypso Red HW with magnolia interior for 8000 pounds a year and a half back - and the mileage wasn't even high on it!

Edit: one can NEVER have too many SE's

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

Really nice colour combo actually. Mine was Pacific blue with magnolia leather but I'd have preferred black leather inside. Looks remarkably original, walnut dash, original wheel and renault gearknob all present and correct!

Rugby beach looks nice. Might drive down there while I'm at the NEC in a couple of weeks :P

Smart looking car although I'd go magnolia trim every time with Pacific Blue. Does have a reserve...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Vanya said:

Those after a bargain, there's a beautiful pacific blue SE on eBay - bit high miles, but it was up for 7000 GBP yesterday. I'm still kicking myself after missing a Calypso Red HW with magnolia interior for 8000 pounds a year and a half back - and the mileage wasn't even high on it!

Edit: one can NEVER have too many SE's

I've seen the blue one, but at £7k the reserve wasn't met, so I expect it to be quite a bit higher.

And as said, I'm not worried about having too many SE's. Or cars for that matter, especially if they're British classics. I'm worried about no longer having the space to store them from the elements.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.