free hit
counters
Looking for parts - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Stephanie

Looking for parts

Hello everbody,

I'm looking urgently for a clutch mechanism (clutch cover) for an Exige V6. The Lotus ref is A132F0116F. Anyway, if someone has an idea of an adaptable part we can fit in, I'll be very happy.

Thanks for Helping

Stephanie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Stephanie. :welcome:

I have moved your post to the Wanted section. Guys over there will be along soon I presume. Do you have any photos of your car? What happened to the clutch mechanism on your car? Can't be that old.

You should duck over to the Introductions section and say hi in there as well. :)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Hello 

Thanks for your help.I'll say hello in the introduction section. Sorry for that.

We are Lotus Dealer, and one of our stock car has to change his clutch. There is no more part at the factory, and it's quiet urgent, so I'd like to know if someone in UK has this part. I subscribe to this Forum, because I think we will learn a lot with the UK Lotus community about this car we love so much. 

Thank you

It is disappointing to hear that there has been no improvement on this situation in the 12months since my previous V6 also needed a clutch assembly. After some waiting I was informed a part had to be picked directly from the production line in order to get my car back up and running.

It's doubly frustrating to hear a dealer has to put a request to the owner community like this.

The part number is shared with the Evora too. Is it a Toyota part, is there a Toyota part number on the clutch cover? That would make it much easier (and no doubt cheaper) to source.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Hi Stephanie, oh no trouble at all asking here. Sorry if my comment was interpreted that way.

I meant that you would expect a vehicle in current production to have a robust spare parts supply chain when parts are required, and it is a shame to hear that people, especially dealers, are having difficultly obtaining the part, especially when I know it is not a new situation to be in.

Aftersales should be a key area for Lotus to focus on, by the sounds of it.

Arun : No problem. Some customers maybe think it's easier for dealer. It's not. Our job is trying to find solution :)

Bibs : Okay, so the Exige V6 Clutch is the same than the Evora S Clutch. But not the same as the Evora. I really wonder if we could fit the clutch cover of an Evora on an Exige V6. I looked of the number writing of the part, thinking like you : it's a Toyota ! But google didn't answer me <_< Don't know where to search this info... 

Post up the part number you have and I'll call my local Toyota garage and see what they have to say :) 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

Of course :)

• Like 1

Evora NA

So, I have the clutch  plate and I search the clutch cover
The clutch plate I have is, apparently LCGF3B002A and on it there is written : 8080 S 3.0 1313322

It's very nice ! I don't know how to say in english : dependent contrast 

Evora NA

Hu Ho I'm think we are not so far from solution. I'll check that.

If you need some parts for your Elise S1, feel free to ask me, we have quiet parts in stock. :-) Thank you for helping me

:thumbsup:

I have also called my local Toyota garage and am awaiting a call back from their service manager. I'll update this thread if he has some useful info for us. 

Evora NA