free hit
counters
Utility Bills - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Utility Bills

Bibs

• 10 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm just about to switch from BG to Octopus as the new EV is arriving this week and I'll use their cheap overnight prices to top it up. I believe that if you're an existing customer and refer me, we both get £50 off our bills so is anyone with them and want £50?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

so is anyone with them and want £50?

Yes Please 😀

I think you need this link - Link is in Carina's name.

share.octopus.energy/cute-mink-541

Any in one else wanting to switch - I think anyone can use this - enough people switch and I can buy an Evora 🤪

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I think that's one of the things they are looking at, or feeding spare/unused car charge back into the grid when it's high demand using them as energy stores when not needed. Makes good sense really.

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Quite a bit of Vulture Capitalist money going to firms working on EV reverse powering homes. I suspect there are more progressive national Governments around the world also looking at this - though perhaps not in the Middle East.

Justin

• Haha 1

Slightly off recent topic/comments but with a title Utility Bills I thought i would share.

Over recent years I always monitor and change suppliers to try ensure the best deal whenever possible.  Late 2019 I discovered that my MPAN number, which I understand is relevant to a property and never changes had somehow been mixed up with a house of the same name a quarter of a mile away but in the same village.  Despite what felt like hundreds of phone calls to my electricity supplier and promises of getting it resolved I failed miserably.  I gave up in the end.  Then one day I got a letter from my current supplier that said, we are not you supplier so please accept a refund of all monies paid over the last 18months.  This is despite the fact I have got all the mails welcoming me and telling me that I’ll be set up in a few days and what are you meter readings etc.  They told me who is my supplier, who incidentally deny it.  Therefore, I currently get no electricity bill, effectively haven’t had one since about June '18 I think and the law states no utility company can back charge more than 12 months. The 18 months’ worth of refund was used to buy premium Bonds and I but more monthly to cover an estimated electricity bill..........just in case.  What else can I do?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 27/01/2021 at 13:30, Bibs said:

I'm with OVO and I've been really impressed with them.  This is a smart move because they are very hot on the renewables front and if you think about it, it's during the day when solar arrays are generating their 'free' electricity so no need to wait until night to charge your vehicle from that perspective and if that should make owning an EV easier without needing to worry about only charging it around tariffs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@march - Just switched to Octopus, you should see £50 coming your way off your bill and the same off my first one, thank you! 

If anyone else wishes to switch, please feel free to use Marc's code or I now have one too :D

http://share.octopus.energy/tan-bloom-811

• Thanks 1

Evora NA

My Electric just went up 10%!!! 10 friggin percent! Where the frig does that come from?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
52 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

My Electric just went up 10%!!! 10 friggin percent! Where the frig does that come from?

2020 was by and large a "cheap" year for energy as overall energy consumption was down through businesses and industry using a lot less power due to COVID. This was not offset by an increase from working at home (as you would have been using energy at your desk at work etc). Industrial processes and travel were even bigger fallers in use.

As businesses are generally, but slowly, getting back to work energy consumption is rising and so the wholesale price, that energy retailers buy their electricity, is rising too, by at least 8%.

The energy price cap is being raised in anticipation of the higher 2021 wholesale price, and also, to allow energy retailers to provision for the expected surge in bad debt as people who were made redundant, lost incomes etc struggle to keep up (remember, bad debt is ultimately recovered as a levy from ALL those who pay their bills).

Also the cost of "green energy" is increasing.  The latest "auctions" for the right to install offshore wind will net the Government a windfall of some £4bn for the next 10 years. That is just the cost to lease the seabed to host the windfarms and that will be added to bills through the rise in the Wholesale cost.

So there you have it. No racketeering going on. No profiteering going on. Just that finally people are starting to understand that energy costs, in £'s as well as environmental impact and someone needs to pay for the conversion from relatively cheap already installed carbon generation to new assets for green energy.

So, switch off those lights. Turn your central heating down to 16c. And turn off every device you are not actually using.

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!