free hit
counters
Esprit SE awwww yeaaa - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit SE awwww yeaaa

franjipane

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You might want to get the clutch problem looked at. Getting stuck down is not a good thing. Lubrication on the engine output shaft sounds very likely or it may just be the actuating arm. Other than that, your car looks very nice. Looking forward to some more pictures.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Happy to pop over sometime and have a look? :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Sticky clutch could be a simple fix - just check the master and slave for binding as those are cheap to replace. Also check that the clutch pedal is connected to the master pushrod in the right position (hole marked C on the clutch pedal) - I had issues with this when I bought my car. Turned out only to be the pedal being in the wrong position. Congrats on the SE. It's a cracking car! 

Vanya Stanisavljevic '91 Esprit SE | '97 XK8

• Gold FFM

Loving it........ You could well find the sticky clutch is a nice easy fix - fingers crossed for you

do keep us updated. And some more pics in the light would be great - looks like you had a nice buy

Only here once

Mmm, cake :D

I've got to pop over to B&C soon, will let you know when :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Congratulations Steve!

I agree, the Esprit is unlike anything else to drive. When I test drove mine for the first time I'd just done a 4 hour journey in my diesel Audi A6 so it was a completely alien experience!

I'm straight down the A3 in Emsworth so if you're heading down to the coast let me know and we can compare Esprits! Mine's a red & magnolia H plater too, but it's an N/A. Done plenty of jobs on mine so happy to compare problems/fixes if it's helpful.

Enjoy it!

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Yes SERIOUSLY CAREFUL. Check the date on those tyres. if you haven't already. Old tyres on the SE are LETHAL. The torque and power figures aren't much by modern standards, but with no assistance (antispin), no limited slip diff and old tyres you've got one hell of a dangerous cocktail! :D

My old '97 tyres used to result in a) the car just not stopping on ice b) the car just not stopping in rain c) hydroplaning at 20 mph d) finding weird ruts in the road and general poor straight line stability e) piss poor grip in anything other than the dry - I've even lost the front end turning onto motorways.....weird. 

Turbo SE. I even wrote a song about one once. It was not a good song, worse than woeful. The car deserved far better.

Enjoy! Looks terrific.

But how come most of the surviving SE's are red? I know it was always one of the more popular colours but I rarely see other colours now.

• Like 1

Had no problems with the clutch this morning, fantastic drive to work!  I'm sure it will come back at some point so might as well get on with the work.

They do look amazing in red but can't help thinking black is more my cup of tea.  This one was red originally but was faded and has been resprayed, they did a good job though i can't fault it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, The Pits said:

Turbo SE. I even wrote a song about one once. It was not a good song, worse than woeful. The car deserved far better.

Enjoy! Looks terrific.

But how come most of the surviving SE's are red? I know it was always one of the more popular colours but I rarely see other colours now.

Yeah it's ridiculous how many Calypso Red SE's there are...

Makes me appreciate my BRG one even more...especially considering it's the ONLY BRG/Magnolia 91MY RHD IN THE WORLD

Not just SEs, lots of X180 Turbos and N/As we're red too.  It was the flashy 80s after all and sports cars weren't sports cars if they weren't red.  I seem to remember seeing a lot of red 911s back then too.

• Gold FFM

Steve - when it crunches - is it difficult to engage 1st and or reverse?? I'd be changing the red hose and bleeding the clutch fluid out as the first simple job to try. Especially if it's ok sometimes and not others.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 13/11/2015 10:32:49, franjipane said:

Had no problems with the clutch this morning, fantastic drive to work!  I'm sure it will come back at some point so might as well get on with the work.

They do look amazing in red but can't help thinking black is more my cup of tea.  This one was red originally but was faded and has been resprayed, they did a good job though i can't fault it. 

Great to hear you're using and enjoying it!

If red isn't totally your cup of tea, how about Silver Frost? ;-)

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 13/11/2015 10.32.49, franjipane said:

Spotted on a road somewhere in Europe!

kvKtTgaBjMV2-JyxTnIR1Pj8vAQs8hboB2hkHvcH

/Kim