free hit
counters
Paris Terrorist attack - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Paris Terrorist attack

ramjet

Has a bit of interest to me as I am going there with Liz next year. The chance of being caught up in anything then is unlikely, but anyway.

I am watching the news and wondering if, other than the people that investigate these sort of things, are sane people able to rationalise these sort of actions?

I always struggle trying to see this sort of action from the terrorists side. What is the end result that they are hoping for?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Fear. That's what terrorists are all about. They disrupt everyone's lives for their notoriety.

Very sad news, the numbers of dead are substantial and there are still hostages...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34814203

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I understand the fear bit, but to what end? There doesn't seem to be a reason that I can fathom.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

http://fpif.org/isis-exists/

I just hope that the 40 virgins they are expecting are all men.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I believe they have a great aversion to pigs?

100 normal people who woke up today looking forward to a nice evening, the weekend and the rest of their lives.

Elsewhere on the planet a very small number of people thought some words in a book written a long time ago meant that they were allowed to do this. 

:no

• Like 1

Evora NA

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

I understand the fear bit, but to what end? There doesn't seem to be a reason that I can fathom.

There are certain factions within certain religions who believe that certain writings mean that a blanket coverage of their chosen religion to the detriment of all others is their main goal. They are, of course, brainwashed mentalists. 

I wish I knew the answer or could help toward the answer, but I will be honest, I don't and can't.

Ah well, enough from me. I am going to go and play my synthesisers.

9 hours ago, Sparky said:

I wonder if any of tonight's brainwashed mentalists are 'refugees'.

The refugees are fleeing from a Syria being terrorized by the same IS that hat terrorized Paris. Both are victims of the same criminals.

Terrorists would never choose the long and tedious fledgling routes. If you can afford such an arsenal you'r also able to pay for first class plane tickets.

However, not helping refugees in need is a sure way to turn them into extremists.

• Like 2

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

• Gold FFM

So, all refugees are fleeing Syria?  I think not.

I think the issue is more one of identifying which of those refugees are truly in need.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Gatwick North has been evacuated, apparently they've arrested someone with a grenade in their luggage.

CTxfobLUYAAlkHN.jpg:large

Evora NA

Very sad and upsetting, I'm usually quite balanced with these things. But this has really got to me. As Bibs  said these were people simply on a night out. My condolences to all affected.  The perpetrators are scum. 

As Sparky  has indicated an open border system with thousands simply storming into Europe unchecked certainly cannot help. We are at war. We need a Churchill but I fear we have a Chamberlin  in power at the moment.  And where is the Middle East peace envoy? No doubt counting his property portfolio.

the world just got even darker last night. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

We are in a war, but not one fought between armies on a battlefield which makes it rather difficult.

Interestingly Syria was the number one destination for immigrants about 10 years ago - how things change

I make no idealistic thoughts of this catastrophic attacks are the Work of a very limited number of madmen. On the contrary, I see it as an ideological war. The reason we all the time hear it described as a few madmen, is to calm people Down, and also the idea we are brought up with, which is learn to respect everyone, including those of other belief systems etc. There is no God in this. It is pure and uninhibited evil. We have in the West been attacked by hoardes of muslims before, reaching even all the way to Spain. My wifes ancestors fought to kill muslims invading Europe. And this is just a modern version of that.

It is repeatedly stupid to remove some violent supressing dictators, just to unleash something even worse. And in the same time, weapon producers, multinational Companies and political interests are spinning on this to gain power and Money, across the Planet. I just ask this: WHO gave the muslims weapons? WHO gave them billions and billions to finance this? Who allowed them to study nuclear power, biological warfare etc? I Ask this: WHO give them Money as we speak to finance their evil doings? Who tought them advanced Electronics? Who let them walk unhintered into the West?

I only know, that I did not.

May I remind some of what happened in Africe only some 100 years ago? The arabs invaded the Whole of North Africa, and exterminated huge amounts of africans. And they continue to do this today. Not only people, but also culture, language, the political structure etc.

The same happens in many asian countries, and many russian dominated countries.

The same happens in the surbubs of the West; the "bad" neighbourhoods, where even the police does not dare to enter any more. I live in such a neighbourhood, I see it time and time Again.

If those people of that orientation really wants to live in a different way, and they claim they are peacefull, then go home and build that society. And leave us in Peace.

I think it's time to say what it is, and not wrap it in pink paper and self blame. As the French President Francois Hollande said today: "This is war".

I feel very sorry for all the families which was hurt last night, and pass my condolences.

I spoke to a muslim colleague today, and he said exactly the same as me, and his solution was to isolate the middle East...

Maybe someone should try something new, like praying for Peace? In the West and in the East.

Enough said and back to Lotus.

Kind regards and peace,

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

So, all refugees are fleeing Syria?  I think not.

I think the issue is more one of identifying which of those refugees are truly in need.

No,  probably not all. But, the majority reaching us these days is from Syria. And we can't stress enough the fact that both these refugees and the Parisiennes are victims of the same terrorist IS. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

They are now saying that one of the terrorists may have been a "refugee" who passed through Greece. If that is proven to be true, perhaps Merkel will have to explain the op3n borders. I can see elements of Europe going very right wing as a reaction. 

Wonder if st Bob geldof, Evett Cooper, benidict Cumberbatch  etc will be so vocal. 

Yes some are refugees, but you cannot let thousands in with no checks. And to say they are all running from Isis is naive, some are economic migrants, and some it might turn out are terrorists. 

This is only going to get worse. A lot worse. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/107516

this is getting some serious support on the web. I have never seen a petition tick up so fast.......

Only here once