free hit
counters
SpeedFest! 2016 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
bingoking

SpeedFest! 2016

As most of you will know we have supported the SpeedFest event for a number of years now and next year's event will take place on Sunday 3rd July 2016 at The Grampian Transport Museum, Alford. If you have attended in the past you will probably have received an invitation from GTM to attend next year's event. You will remember that in previous years, Gordon Masson has coordinated entries and liaised with the Museum so that we can get as many Lotus cars into the event as possible. The GTM restrict the entries to 120 cars with only one of each model accepted.

As we have supported this event in the past and with Gordon liaising with the museum we also have a Lotus only event later in the year (date to be agreed) which the GTM are keen to have established as an annual event in their calendar. Once again Gordon coordinates this event with the GTM.

So advanced notice of SpeedFest 2016 and if you have received an invitation, please complete that and send it back to GTM as requested but please also post up here that you have sent your entry back and which car you will be taking. We usually have our Breakfast meet to coincide with the event and in previous years many folks stay in Aberdeen the night before and meet up for a meal. We will coordinate this later next year when we know how many are staying overnight and up for a meal.

I will start the list, and please be specific about the model for example Esprit V8 or Esprit V8-SE or Esprit V8 GT. All very similar but different variants and allows us to have 3 Esprit V8's at the event.

1: Brian King (bingoking) 2015 Lotus Evora GTE 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

2: Gordon Masson 1976 Esprit S1

2: Gordon Masson 1976 Esprit S1

3. Ken London 2000 Lotus Elise S1

2 hours ago, Mxvx said:

Well, am oot, already got an evora! ?

I wouldn't worry about that if you want to be in the display as they will make space for an Evora N/A, Evora S, Evora GTE etc. as we are well in there.  PM Gordon Masson and he will help I'm sure.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

@Mxvx As Al. said they make room for different variants of the same car so PM Gordon Masson and let him know you would like to attend, it's a great day.

No!  It is tightly controlled.  You have to be in well before the gates open to public and are given an arrival slot due to congestion.  You can't leave really until right at the end as traffic inside is tightly controlled and busy near the main entrance gate.  Sorry!

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Only one month away from this event so if interested please add your name and model of car. Also please PM Gordon Masson and let him know as he is in contact with GTM. 

It would appear that we only have 3 Lotus cars entered this year, 2 supplied by @BigErch and my car. Unfortunately I have to withdraw so if any other Lotus owner wants to take my slot and take part in the pursuit please contact @GordonMasson 

If you are heading to SpeedFest as a spectator, I hope you have a great day. It's a fantastic event and I am gutted I can't take part. It would have been interesting to see what the organisers matched me against in the GTE. Last time I whipped the Dancing Donkey 430 Scud with my little V6 Exige S :driving:. I won't go into details about the cone @Al.

• Like 1

No news from Speedfest 16?  How many attended and how did we get on?  

Why the sudden drop in numbers folks? Answers on a postcard. 

I was/am 5K miles away or something but what other reasons were there? Anything we can do to continue supporting them?

Al. 

Too far for me to travel on that particular day. I was scheduled to work nightshift that night so needed to 'stack some Zs' beforehand, otherwise I would have been there - or maybe not, since Jennifer took ill on that Saturday and so I could well have been a last-minute call-off, such as I was on the 'alternative breakfast meet' event.

Sorry Sir,

I was absent due to being double booked with an event in Glasgow in the evening that I had forgotten about. I couldn't leave SpeedFest early so had to cancel.