free hit
counters
"ESSEX" Esprit for sale ! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

"ESSEX" Esprit for sale !

Apologies if this has already been posted, haven't been around for a while.

Have a look at the link. Lot of money for an Essex Esprit that isn't ?

Is it isnt it?

Clicky

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Tocus You need to be having this conversation in private with Mark. Use the PM and sort it out. Any deal between you both seems to be so loosely arranged I can hardly believe either of you hav

It's not yours until you pay for it, the seller is well within his rights to sell it elsewhere if you don't pay.

I don't know all the details of the story here and can see how quickly things can get a bit messy despite everyone's best intentions. I can see Mark's side of the story but I also think Bauke h

Posted Images

Isn't that the one that Bauke had already bought? It was not an official Essex - one of the three Jim Loose cars that went to the states and were repainted to Essex spec...........Probably why the nose badge is missing. 

I think it's hard to put a price on a car like this although probably a relatively inexpensive way to own a car that looks just like and Essex. It's good that Mark has been very up front and honest about it not being an Essex but being an Essex spec car.  

Does the front look a bit high?

Yess Guy´s This car should have been my car, (or maby still must be my car)

i went to U.K special for this car, made a deal, put everything on paper,

then go back to my home land,and 3 weeks later getting a mail from the seller, `i need money soon, so i put it online for sale`

thats not HOW you Thread people....

it was a expensive trip, and i thought we had a deal, (i did not do a deposit because i thought it was done, and we have shake hands on this deal)

and after this the car needs a respray also, and the leather is totally colourd (leather paint) the orginal leather looks orange but the painted leather

looks red.. i think this car had more miles as the 10.500 what showed on the counter, my Silver essex car looks better and my car has coverd 50.000 Miles,

and why is the front decals missing? accident?

(you can see on the picture it needs a respray)

003.JPG

Edited by Tocus

It's not yours until you pay for it, the seller is well within his rights to sell it elsewhere if you don't pay.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Yess Bibs, You are right on that, but if a guy comes over to me and want to buy a car and i have made up a deal and i have shake hands,

then its a deal, and then you dont put the car for sale online, thats how i am thinking,

but its a high price for a car with work, and its even not a real Essex (numberd).................

Firstly you came to the UK to buy the car on the 24th October and was not in the position to give the required deposit until the 29th November and this was on the assumption that one of your deals went through.  You also had to sell yet another car to pay the balance.  No deal was done on paper as I never do unless money is exchanged.

Secondly, you were desperate for this car so it can't be that bad.

Thirdly, you threatened to "always talk bad about me" unless I sold you the car so I was expecting this.

Next time you travel a long distance to look a car it might be a good idea to have the funds in place.

Don't know what regard there is for other countries but here in oz a handshake doesn't cut it anymore. Too many have been bitten by handshake promises to buy something which then doesn't happen. In the meantime the seller had fended off other genuine buyers with the cash ready.

Cash talks.

DanR

• Gold FFM
49 minutes ago, lotuseaters said:

Firstly you came to the UK to buy the car on the 24th October and was not in the position to give the required deposit until the 29th November and this was on the assumption that one of your deals went through.  You also had to sell yet another car to pay the balance.  No deal was done on paper as I never do unless money is exchanged.

Thirdly, you threatened to "always talk bad about me" unless I sold you the car so I was expecting this.

Next time you travel a long distance to look a car it might be a good idea to have the funds in place.

I will go on record to say I bought mine off Mark.

he was good to his word and good to deal with - both him and me had a nice and simple deal!!

Only here once

I don't know all the details of the story here and can see how quickly things can get a bit messy despite everyone's best intentions. I can see Mark's side of the story but I also think Bauke has reason to feel aggrieved in this instance. He travelled a long way to view the car and I think it could have been handled better. It could be a while before anyone else comes along who is that keen on the car. But I hope it works out for the best in the end for both parties.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

3 weeks seems like a very reasonable time to make a deposit. And you were informed the car would be put online, so could have stopped it if you really wanted. A handshake can only go so far, if it can't be backed up with cash, maybe you should accept the car is not for you at this point...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

17 hours ago, lotuseaters said:

I will also go on record to vouch for Mark - I bought an unrestored S1 from him last year with a cash deposit and a verbal agreement that I would pay the balance on completion of the restoration. Mark spent the next 7 months working on the car, keeping me updated every step of the way with pictures and emails and even happily tolerated my occasionally annoying requests and queries. The end result is an absolutely fantastic, fully restored, factory spec S1 that is probably better put together now than when it left Hethel in '76 and is my pride and joy. I appreciate that Tocus travelled a long way to see the car, but to be fair, it's not been sold yet, so is still very much available.  

• Like 1

Well I've bought 2 cars off Mark.  Although I have been instructed by my wife I am never to visit him again.  

Unfortunately though for you all he told me today that this weeks deal is buy 2 get one free!!  So the car is now mine as far as I'm concerned.......and not for sale.  Sorry!  :harhar:

I can send a deposit... also 2 weeks ago so thats not the problem,

but you should have send me the list with was part of the deal, (respray incl. and all other things) i never saw a e-mail coming with that,

and i dont had your bank details, because i am still waiting for the e-mail, i still want the car you know that, so lets finish this deal!

and i am the proud owner of a car that i never will sell again, because i love it to much!

On 18/11/2015, 17:19:55, Tocus said:

The "Orange leather" problem is very common. There cant be many of the original Claret Red leather cars which are still red unless they have been re-coloured or retrimmed.

I am lucky enough to have one but thats because the previous owner of 30 years kept it always in a garage without any windows so no UV exposure.

as buddsy says-do this in private.If you have the money, pay him. If not, pull out.

Its not sold until the money's in the bank. Simple as that. 

(Been burned by handshake deals-now I make it clear if you don't leave a non-refundable deposit, I'm happy to sell to someone else.)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Andyww said:

The "Orange leather" problem is very common. There cant be many of the original Claret Red leather cars which are still red unless they have been re-coloured or retrimmed.

I am lucky enough to have one but thats because the previous owner of 30 years kept it always in a garage without any windows so no UV exposure.

Likewise with mine. Although it does indeed have only about 10k miles on it and has been pretty much pampered sitting in a garage most of its life......