free hit
counters
6 months and had enough - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

6 months and had enough

Trade it in against another.

Otherwise

Door and light are not complicated fixes. Door card off (not hard), weather guard off (just plastic sheet), replace whichever part(s) are the issue (need someone with experience here), back together. Taking the lamp out and finding the hole and sealing it should be sufficient. The windows can be adjusted to seal better if that is the issue - you should not need to tape up windows when washing. I did that on my 60s 105 Alfa! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It does sound like you have a bad car and perhaps it has some gremlins. I wouldn't say these cars are any less reliable than mainstream, well not in my experience anyway. I've owned my 2009 NA for 19

Unfortunately the delamitation was not covered by the '3rd Party' warranty from MMC and it took about 3 - 4 weeks to get authorisation for the aircon, but even then it did not cover the full cost.....

Had an email reply from Brandon this morning and it contained a few points that made me question the service I got from Williams Autos even more! I have to remember that I was one who chose to by

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I agree Pierre you should not have to tape up windows, but I have found I have less issues if I do this. To be honest, it takes 30 seconds to do and results in zero issues, so no hassle.

Window actuators seem to be a weak point in general, so why take the risk and then have the hassle to have to change them due to water ingress etc?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

20 hours ago, matthewwales said:

Whop Whop, now I have a service light on and the drivers side window won't shut fully!

Do the window reset procedure:-

Beady     10

• Beady
  • Basic Account
  • 316 posts
  •  15 Jul 2009

Have you tried the window reset?

Turn iginition on

hold window switch down and when it reaches the fully open position, keep the switch held down for about 5 seconds.

The hold the switch up and when the window is fully closed keep holding the switch up foe a 5 seconds again.

that generally resets the window.

If your battery gets very low at any time (too low to start the car) when you open the door, the window drops slightly - and when you close it again it does not go back up, but stays dropped.

After the battery is recharged, the window will still stay dropped until you do the above reset procedure.

cheers

p.

Unfortunately I don't have a dry place to store the car, worst thing is I'm due to go away for a few days at 7am. Looks like I'll be parking it on the drive and ask my friend to put some plastic sheeting over it so I can sort out after xmas. My insurance runs out in Jan so might sell and either go back to a Cayman S or try a MkII Exige. Is the 2012 Evora any better?

IMG_4445.jpg

Feel for you ? I have only had my 2013 s Sr for about a month and it is stored in the garage but no issues at all so far. I can understand why you might sell but it would be a shame as I don't see any other car offering the fun, looks, comfort etc etc etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 20 December 2015 at 20:00, matthewwales said:

Unfortunately I don't have a dry place to store the car, worst thing is I'm due to go away for a few days at 7am. Looks like I'll be parking it on the drive and ask my friend to put some plastic sheeting over it so I can sort out after xmas. My insurance runs out in Jan so might sell and either go back to a Cayman S or try a MkII Exige. Is the 2012 Evora any better?

IMG_4445.jpg

Looking at the values of 2013 models I'd go 2013 / 14 to try and mitigate against the sort of issues you are experiencing or as you say move on.

An Exige S from the dealer you bought from maybe? Trade in yours saying your not happy but are willing to give them another chance and let them sort out your car?

It sounds like you like the car but not the issues! Don't get too put off, they're great cars but need a bit of TLC. 

On 31/12/2015 at 10:50, auRouge said:

An Exige S from the dealer you bought from maybe? Trade in yours saying your not happy but are willing to give them another chance and let them sort out your car?

So sorry to hear of the problems you're having. I do love the Evora, and have tried both the manual and auto, but the Exige I have just bought (my first Lotus) is simply sublime. No problems whatsoever so far and an absolutely thrilling car to drive (and to be seen in, if you're interested in that sort of thing). I did not expect to fall for it to such an extent to be honest.

So long story short, I'd really recommend you give Lotus at least one more chance. Take the Evora back, ask for an Exige S test drive or one of the newer Evora models, I'm sure you won't regret it.

• Like 2